closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Favourite Acquisition of 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by witti View Post
    Thanks, standard P5000 I’m guessing, however it’s improved and not suffering from the issues like early models did.
    Apparently PW is ten days rather than eight and I didn’t expect such a butter smooth winding experience TBH.
    Ahh same as mine (minus the sub seconds @ 9). My first manual wind and never had an issue. Think I’ve get 9 days probably almost 10, but generally wind every Sunday morning, for the 2 days a week a wear it. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Second submission in this thread... arrived on the last day of the year and became my favourite acquisition soon after.. (sorry UG) amazed by how good they look being almost 30 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    My only acquisition for this year has been a NEWMARK 52 (ivory dial)
    I have been looking for a retro type looking watch for some time and came across ewan.w and his NEWMARK watch brand and thought why not!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Difficult to pick a favourite but there is a piece that feels special

I found in a very small jeweller who does not normally retail watches a Speedmaster 145.022 - 76

it was on S.O.R. from a customer who was relation of the gent who bought it new in 1979 who apparently after 2-3 days was not taken with having to wind it so shoved it back in its box where it lay until he left it to said relation who is not a watch fan.....

anyway here it is a technically 'unworn' or as close as...145.022 -76 with original Box & Papers on its original 1171 which is still stiff...

Its so nice I have also decided not to wear it, which feels very wrong but shame to mark up a 41 year old unblemished survivor..

even found a pic of the supplying dealer in StHelens

Last edited by TKH; 31st December 2020 at 18:39.

Apprentice
    It certainly has been a year full of surprises, some of them quite pleasant.

Mine unexpectedly started with this (which I've worn virtually uninterrupted since), and so perhaps it rightly holds the title...

... but the year also had the temerity to end with this, a grail piece (for me)... with its understated elegance disguising a fascinating, yet turbulent history of its own...

... so perhaps... a tie?
    Last edited by Genuine Lorex; 31st December 2020 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

I found in a very small jeweller who does not normally retail watches a Speedmaster 145.022 - 76

it was on S.O.R. from a customer who was relation of the gent who bought it new in 1979 who apparently after 2-3 days was not taken with having to wind it so shoved it back in its box where it lay until he left it to said relation who is not a watch fan.....

anyway here it is a technically 'unworn' or as close as...145.022 -76 with original Box & Papers on its original 1171 which is still stiff...

Its so nice I have also decided not to wear it, which feels very wrong but shame to mark up a 41 year old unblemished survivor..

That’s amazing. To wear or not to wear? That is the question. It would be a favourite for me as well.

Wow. That is lovely. Congratulations.

Master

I’d wear it, but sparingly.
    Great find, one of the bits of this hobby I love, you never know what’s going to turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

That Speedy sure is something - what a find! Beautiful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieTheBarber View Post

Gorgeous.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Not really an acquisition but this beautiful Rolex Day Date was my Dad's who sadly passed away in October due to a combination of heart problems and the dreaded Covid.

Dates from 1990 and comes on a lovely President bracelet with full bark effect.

Not an everyday watch but special nonetheless.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Not really an acquisition but this beautiful Rolex Day Date was my Dad's who sadly passed away in October due to a combination of heart problems and the dreaded Covid.

Sad news Smokey...its nice you have his lovely watch to remember him by..

Craftsman
    Not bought for myself but for MrsSiSetts. This got me alot of brownie points!!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear that.
    A lovely watch, wear it in pride.

Master
    For me this Citizen Jet just pips my Air Ministry.

Ever since I first heard about the Citizen Jet I knew that I wanted to add one to the collection. Not just because of the great name and jet symbol on the dial but also because of the interesting automatic movement. It also ticked another box as I have admired the Japanese scripted dials of the 60s and this has plenty of script.

A year or so of patiently perusing various auction sites around the world and missing out on a couple this one cropped up and I won it.

The dial is in better condition than I had hoped but the movement needs some attention. How much I am not sure as I have been unable to take the back off as I don't want to damage it with the tools I have. Something for the New Year.

Craftsman
    Probably this 6217 given it took some fixing and parts finding:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Condolences to you mate, at least you have something special to remember him by both sentimentally and horologically.

SydR
    Got to be my 5 digit polar Explorer II I bought in early January 2020. It’s had the most wear of all my watches last year.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Got to be my 5 digit polar Explorer II I bought in early January 2020. It’s had the most wear of all my watches last year.

Lovely! I'm hoping to get mine in early Jan!

- - - Updated - - -

BlackBay 58 for me.