closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone recommend a reliable VPN for iPhone???

Anyone recommend a reliable VPN for iPhone???

Can anyone recommend a reliable vpn for iPhones please, when at work the apple App Store is blocked so looking for something to use to get round it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forticlient

Firefox have launched one.

Master
    Speedify works pretty well: https://speedify.com/

Sounds stupid but can't you just use the app store on 4G? Not like you'll be spending all day in the app store.

Blog Entries
    NordVPN. I use this on my iPhone. there are often excellent deals on their pricing.

Windscribe is free for a limited amount of data, but possibly sufficient for the odd download now and again. The unrestricted service is usually on offer for a cheap price quite often too.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sounds stupid but can't you just use the app store on 4G? Not like you'll be spending all day in the app store.
    Where i work we don’t get mobile signals mate, its a bit away from the nearest mast lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Nord on all my apple stuff, seems to work well, and doesn’t slow anything down.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Where i work we don’t get mobile signals mate, its a bit away from the nearest mast lol...

In that case Nord is probably good enough. Try a few free trials though as Nord didn't work on my work WiFi but ExpressVPN did. ExpressVPN is meant to be the gold standard but they do charge for it.

Grand Master
    isnt there a built in vpn in settings?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Got me intrigued...north sea oil worker?

I've used F-Secure Freedome before on iOS and can recommend. Military used to supply subscriptions to it for people going to countries that they didn't want personnel connecting directly to networks for opsec reasons.
    Last edited by Christian; 19th December 2020 at 14:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Got me intrigued...north sea oil worker?
    Afraid so mate lol...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    In that case Nord is probably good enough. Try a few free trials though as Nord didn't work on my work WiFi but ExpressVPN did. ExpressVPN is meant to be the gold standard but they do charge for it.
    Thanks I’ll have a look

I used to use Nord but I far prefer Privacy Pro and ProtonVPN
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I used to use Nord but I far prefer Privacy Pro and ProtonVPN
    Why are they better Marc? I use Nord and it’s fine, but my subscription is up for renewal soon, so I’d been thinking about looking at the other options.

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post
    Why are they better Marc? I use Nord and it’s fine, but my subscription is up for renewal soon, so I’d been thinking about looking at the other options.
    I got annoyed with Nord when it started to ask me to change my PW repeatedly, and randomly. It also became a lot more widespread recently, and I like lower profiles. But wife and daughter are still on it, it's a good VPN
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I got annoyed with Nord when it started to ask me to change my PW repeatedly, and randomly. It also became a lot more widespread recently, and I like lower profiles. But wife and daughter are still on it, it's a good VPN
    That’s exactly my issue with it, I just had to do it again today.

Master
    Nord is what I use on my iPhone & iPad, they always seem have have a special offer on the pricing.

Craftsman
    expressvpn ...my vpn of choice

I have had no issues with NORD VPN

Master
    NordVPN

SydR
    I use Private Tunnel on all the devices in my home , Mac, PC, iOS and android.

Nord.

Nord here too for years, never had any issues.

Lot of Nord users, I’ll try that one and see how i get on, thanks for the pointers all...

I'm 2 years into a 3 year deal with Nordvpn for £85 so it was a good price. Across Apple devices (phones, ipads and desktop) and windows desktop. No problems at all and if I can get something like the same deal again then I'll renew it when the time comes.

As has already been mentioned ExpressVPN is the best out there but NordVPN is a decent alternative and slightly cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
    As has already been mentioned ExpressVPN is the best out there but NordVPN is a decent alternative and slightly cheaper.
    Very cheap at the moment - I was using expressVPN but it has just come up for renewal - I just paid for two years for Nord for less than a single year for ExpressVPN and if you use quidco currently offering 100% cashback (yes 100%).

Can anyone recommend a reliable vpn for iPhones please, when at work the apple App Store is blocked so looking for something to use to get round it...

If they block the app store I wouldn’t be surprised if they block VPN out, if you go for something like NordVPN don’t spend too much money till you’re sure it works.

Does anyone know of a VPN that works with BBC iplayer and ITV Hub etc.? I tried Nord and it worked for one episode of a programme on iplayer and then it was blocked (Like the OP I work in remote locations / overseas).

Quote Originally Posted by doubledee View Post
    Does anyone know of a VPN that works with BBC iplayer and ITV Hub etc.? I tried Nord and it worked for one episode of a programme on iplayer and then it was blocked (Like the OP I work in remote locations / overseas).
    Sometimes that happens you just need to switch servers. I use Nord and that has happen twice in the last year but by changes g the server we still have access to the services we wish.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledee View Post
    If you have a broadband connection in the UK and work remote locations / overseas look at getting a Raspberry PI and setting it up at home as a VPN server.