closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2021

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I don't have any acquisition plan for 2021, except I've been toying with the idea of buying a 5512/5513 for both investment purposes and wearing.

(example only)
    I'd be a bit wary on the gilt stuff as there's been a couple of respected US dealers caught out fairly recently punting examples which were not as described.
    I'm sure you will do due diligence though.
    Worth a read on The Rolex Forum(vintage section) and VRF

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Aim is to stop flipping this year.
    Who are you and what have you done with Ryan? How did you access his account :-)

Watch aims are to:
    Buy - Tudor Harrods black bay
    Repair - lock down damaged W10 & father's Longines
    Work out - how to buy either a green sub or steel GMT new from a main dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I'd be a bit wary on the gilt stuff as there's been a couple of respected US dealers caught out fairly recently punting examples which were not as described.
    I'm sure you will do due diligence though.
    Worth a read on The Rolex Forum(vintage section) and VRF
    Thanks...I will!

Watch Intentions 2021

At the start of 2020 I purchased a beautiful all original 1998 16600 Seadweller off SC, with that it suddenly satisfied my watch needs, including the SD I have 8 watches that I really appreciate.

Saying that I often see a really nice vintage and think - if I sold these 2/3 or 4 I could buy that, but it hasn’t happened yet, maybe 2021 tips me over the edge!!

Journeyman
    I want to get an all metal G-Shock gmw b5000gd 1er. I also can’t decide between the original black bay 58 and the 58 blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to get a Grand Seiko of some flavour. I’m a huge Seiko nut so this would be an ultimate watch.

I'm still purchasing and have plenty on my wishlist, but I have had to agree an annual budget with Mrs W.

First, a pilot watch, the shortlist being IWC mark XV, Sinn 556i/356/857

Something Lemania-ish to go with the others in my collection - I would absolutely love the 5100 version of the Revue Thommen Airspeed titanium (I have a quartz version now), failing that maybe a Porsche Design or Fortis Stratoliner

Omega Speedmaster Pro - my grail has always been the Tintin, but sadly, I think I'm out of the market for one of those now. How I wish I'd taken up the offer of one a few years ago when they were still a bit unloved. More fool me!!

Omega Seamaster 2231.50 in all its titanium loveliness.

So it is going to be one of the above, possibly two, if I can sell a couple of the unloved ones.

None. Not intending on purchasing any watches next year, have a bathroom and kitchen to sort so that's where my spare cash will be spent.

Just come to the realisation that in addition to the Habring I previously contributed, I’m now actively looking for the best price on a new Calibre 11 Monaco. Almost 4 years of agonising, it’s time. Unfortunately two of the current fleet are going to have to go to make the cost to change ok :(

Dave

Craftsman
    Actually wearing them is my intention. WFH so haven’t even been wearing any of my watches

Only one I’m actively thinking about is a 47mm Panerai Sub of some sort; not sure which reference but the 01389 or 00389 appeal currently...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Balls to that.
    Go proper or go home.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    I fell out of love with the hobby a little last year so had a big downsizing, selling 4 watches. This year I'd be interested in seeing the new polar explorer 2, but even then it would just mean joining a list.

Other than that I have found that having a smaller collection allows me to enjoy them more often so will likely just keep what I have!

Have a great new year when it comes all!

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by threescoops View Post
    I've got to the point where I've got more than enough watches (*gasp*, yes, such a thing exists) and especially with lockdowns and working from home, there's no variation in venue and outfit to worry about.

However, my 1969 Bulova Accutron (passed on from my father) has developed some fault that even keitht's magic can't resolve, so I'm considering adding another Accutron if I'm not able to get it back into running order.
    Without wishing to de-rail the thread, my similarly-aged Accutron developed a fault a short while after I acquired it. I spoke to Silverhawk about it (Paul is a member of this forum) and he diagnosed and rectified the problem for a relatively low sum.

No disrespect intended toward KeithT or his watch-wizarding skills, but it may be worth a PM?

Watch-wise, no acquisitions for me this year for a number of reasons, but having liquidated all but three of my Rolex's, who knows...

Master
    Whoops only went ahead and purchased a new watch now await the delivery. Debating one more not on my original list.

After two years of balloning expansion of the collection I hope to stop buying more watches in 2021. Let´s see for how long the good intentions last.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Having a crisis of confidence re watches. I’ve a goldeneye Seamaster quartz I wear a lot but I’ve few in the watch box like a Stowa marine original with Unitas movement that I got serviced with Stowa last year and haven’t worn since. I’m think to reduce from maybe 5 to 2 watches and wear them more often

Considering bowing out this year and reduce down to a couple of special watches. Prices are beyond stupid these days which kills my passion to be honest and with life having drastically changed this past year, so have my priorities.

If it wasn’t for TZ, would have moved on many years ago.

I've changed my mind from my original suggestion.
    One of these is definitely at the top of my next purchase list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

SydR
    My intention was not to buy anything but som caught my eye today. Likely to be a future “incoming”.

ND Sub if one presents itself.

And the Milgauss Z - regretting not buying one last year when I had the chance.

Apprentice
    Recently got smitten by the hand movement and accuracy of grand seiko. Hope I can save enough money to purchase the season's collection (US Exclusive), as I love every one of them.

Stunning watch

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post

What model is that?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Glashutte original seventies chronograph

Craftsman
    Tempted by 3..

Nomos Club as a dress watch.

Seiko diver - possibly a Willard or turtle

A chronograph. Maybe a Sinn as I don't think I can afford a Speedmaster.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

At the moment on my list is the Sinn U50 and the Snoopy 50th Anniversary. I’m hoping that these are additional to what I have and no need to move anything on.

Craftsman
    I would like to get a Caribbean and another dive watch ,not sure what and also a pilot chrono ,what I really want is a rubber strap that fits me well ,all the ones seem to be between holes for a good fit ,either too loose and watch can be rotated right around wrist or too tight and leave indentations of strap and watchback on wrist

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

I would also like to buy one of Eddie's Caribbean watches.

Apart from that, I'm hoping for one of the new snoopy speedmasters and, perhaps if I am very lucky, a new Daytona from my Rolex AD.

My long term aim is to trade in/sell a few watches and purchase a complicated Patek of some sort. We'll have to see how business goes in the early part of the year before deciding whether to fulfil that dream this year or next.

Life before watches...

A drastic change of plan for me. My wife was due to finish work in Aug 2022 on her 60th birthday when a couple of work based pensions kick in, but we have decided that she is now going to finish at the end of January this year and we will treat the next 18 months or so as a self funded early retirement for her.

As such, I will sell my White Dial Rolex 16520 Daytona during 2021 and give her the money. Her not having to go to work is more important to me than a watch. Not a stealth sales pitch, but if anyone posts a WTB at any point I will drop them a line. Not sure it would sell on here anyway, so probably better to wait until later in the year when hopefully the dealers shops are all open again and then test the market.

In the meantime I won't consider anything over £500, but have nothing that I am specifically looking for anyway, so all good.

I still have two watches bought and paid for before Christmas in transit from overseas, but I am regarding them as 2020 purchases

Master
    That’s great, I think those 18 months are worth a lot more to you both than the watch :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A drastic change of plan for me. My wife was due to finish work in Aug 2022 on her 60th birthday when a couple of work based pensions kick in, but we have decided that she is now going to finish at the end of January this year and we will treat the next 18 months or so as a self funded early retirement for her.

As such, I will sell my White Dial Rolex 16520 Daytona during 2021 and give her the money. Her not having to go to work is more important to me than a watch. Not a stealth sales pitch, but if anyone posts a WTB at any point I will drop them a line. Not sure it would sell on here anyway, so probably better to wait until later in the year when hopefully the dealers shops are all open again and then test the market.

In the meantime I won't consider anything over £500, but have nothing that I am specifically looking for anyway, so all good.

I still have two watches bought and paid for before Christmas in transit from overseas, but I am regarding them as 2020 purchases

I haven't any plans to buy another watch - ever. But I'm always on the lookout. What for I have no idea, but I'll know when I see it.

Master
    Just ordered a new speed master pro now to await arrival.

I’m finally going to take the opportunity to get rid of the chaff from my collection. Thin it out to 5 or 6 watches that I enjoy regularly. Then slowly add stuff I really like, as and when I can.

I guess what I’m saying is, my tastes have changed over the years and I’m still holding onto a few watches that I don’t have any love for.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post

I’ve always loved this watch but never had the guts to buy it...

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

It’s coming one Orient Kano. But in my mind only moves around one Explorer Polar!
    The problem is that it is only there, in my mind! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyone pre-ordered a new Speedmater Pro Moonwatch yet? I am tempted but 5Gs?

Master
    Yes, I’ve ordered one. I can’t see any prospect of a discount for quite some while so just bit the bullet and went ahead. After all, what other 5k watch is better value?
    Anyway, delivery late March apparently. Patience is a virtue. And it gives me time to save up.
    Last edited by paskinner; 27th January 2021 at 18:10.

Master
    Yes have asked the boutique for one and just playing the waiting game now. In the meantime I have a few other incomings to tide me over.

Journeyman
    Dont really post on here that much, more of a lurker but might as well change that.

2021 will see a couple of kickstarters...

A Nardi, case made fro the hull of HMS Cornwall
    A Mitch Mason Chronicle

I've listed after a Bremont S501 fir a long time, even to the point if trying one on, this is likely to be my 2021 significant purchase but they make so many other beauties!

My biggest regret was selling my Rolex Explorer 214270, I would love to buy another one to bring me back to my personal perfect collection.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    My biggest regret was selling my Rolex Explorer 214270, I would love to buy another one to bring me back to my personal perfect collection.
    At least this time you'll get the beautiful MK2 and it'll look less like an Air King.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    At least this time you'll get the beautiful MK2 and it'll look less like an Air King.
    And there was me about to say Yumma had the original, rarer 214270 with the thinner, more elegant hands and solid white gold indices. And yes the AirKing in the Milgauss case does pay homage to the Explorer.

Blog Entries
    After many more unplanned purchases during lockdown, I've decided to have a complete re-evaluation of the collection and so, I've recently sold a rare black Helson Shark Diver PVD, a 20th anniversary MTG G-Shock, a Borealis Navale Bronze diver and a Steeldive and I currently have my Planet Ocean 8500 at Watchfinder being evaluated for what was a really good offer. In their place is a single watch. I've just ordered one of the new-ish Damasko DC86 with orange accents. It's being built to order so I probably have to wait until mid-March for it but I've ordered it on the bracelet and have also ordered their black & orange Robby strap

On the bracelet

And on the Robby

Really can't wait for this one after seeing a Youtube review (slightly annoying presenter but can't knock his enthusiasm) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r-BZMHETw

Here's hoping I won't be tempted by anything else but, judging by previous form, I don't hold out much hope.

A Fortis Cosmonaut (preferably Lemania 5100) and an Omega X-33 are on my list.

Regards

Jon

Craftsman

Watch Intentions 2021

All I want is a 42mm Panerai on bracelet.... but I don’t want to sell my BLNR to fund it

Journeyman
    Firstly I’m looking forward to getting a couple of mine back that are being serviced. My Sub is with Steven Hale and my Speedy with Simon Freese so will enjoy those when they’re back!
    Despite saying I wouldn’t play the AD games I have an itch for a GMT so called round and managed to get on the waiting list of 1 out of the 3 ADs I called. Even then there’s a 3 year wait so I’m not holding my breath! In the meantime a vintage Tudor Day Date or more modern North Flag would tempt me.

Craftsman
    I'm waiting on an Anordain model 2 which I ordered over Christmas.
    I've got a couple of others I'll keep an eye out for S/H, in particular a Nomos Metro Gangreserve and an Alexander Shorokhoff Kandy Classic (long shot to say the least).

If we end up getting out of this cycle of lockdowns I might pick up a Visitor Linden as a cheap dress watch and something a bit different.

I'll also be offloading a couple of budget watches from years ago that aren't getting any wrist time.

Master
    I've only just remembered about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    I probably said something similar a year ago but:

In terms of the watches that I have, get at least one of my vintage watches serviced and get some of the "junk" I bought this year up and running. Plus I need to get my PRS-29A fixed as I broke it a year ago and then became too distracted by new shineys to be able to do so.
    Nope, singularly failed on all fronts there.

In terms of watches that I don't have, I would like to try a baby Dreadnought or possibly one of the Caribbeans.
    I had completely forgotten this but yes I succeeded in buying a Polar Baby Dreadnought. I did consider a Caribbean but the real life photos didn't seem to live up to the renders. I much prefer the Dreadnought so I have no regrets.

Alternatively I might dip my toe into the chronograph water as I don't have one in the collection. Perhaps a Newmarket 6BB.
    Nope, unless you count some of the vintage LCDs I bought which is not what I meant in the above statement.

I expect I'll add a couple more Silverwaves to the collection.
    I certainly did that, eleven in total.

In terms of selling, I am not very good at letting things go........
    Succeeded in achieving that intention

It would be interesting to see how well you all did this year.