closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2021

ZRC, that is all.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Looking to reduce the overall number of watches I have next year, like some others.

I have already signed up for two Kickstarter watches, though, so I better try and keep my additions to that!

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    The only watches I can see me opening my wallet for in 2021 (given the incomings in 2020) are:

1. JLC Master Calendar (SS meteorite dial version)
    2. GMTIIc BLNR/BLRO

Fortunately, I don't expect to find the former and the latter won't be available at a price I am prepared to pay so hopefully it will be a cheap year!

I have something in the collection that I made trade for something that takes my fancy but I would hope that would be fairly cost neutral.

There are a few I am interested in for 2021

Guinand Series 60
    Stowa marine bronze
    Tudor Pelagos
    Anordain Model 1

Some bits of fun watches too...

Mr Jones watch
    Baby Dreadnought

I am intending to cut down the collection but if I get the call for the new sub ND I will be happy with that for the year .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    An original Black Bay Fifty Eight in black. Might go to my AD this weekend and see what the wait is like.

Master
    Might move on the 16570 for a Reverso Tribute Duoface if the price of Rolex keeps rising. Really don't wear it after having got the Breguet Type XX Aeronavale 3800
    Last edited by J J Carter; 18th December 2020 at 21:26.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    My only planned acquisition should be a Habring Felix, assuming that I like it in the metal. Need to only UK dealer to drop into a lower lockdown
    Habring have a UK dealer! Who is that? I’ve never seen them in the metal but I love what I’ve seen on line and I fancy getting a dress watch next year so a Felix could be the one.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Habring have a UK dealer! Who is that? I’ve never seen them in the metal but I love what I’ve seen on line and I fancy getting a dress watch next year so a Felix could be the one.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Stewarts watches

I would like the OP 41 silver dial but recently been thinking about the green dial.

I don’t have the time, patience or energy for any dancing with the AD, so if it happens, it happens.

If the option comes up I'll take a no-date Sub, but I won't be actively pursuing.

Others on the current wish-list include the Overseas (4500V/110A-B128 or B483) and the Moser Vantablack (2327-0410), but thanks to the big C I think neither of those are likely.
    Last edited by M1011; 18th December 2020 at 22:52.

Master
    Actively downsizing at the moment. 3 watches gone in the last month. I am a sub fan so a ND 41mm would be nice next year. No other major desires. But I said similar in 2020 and ended up buying 10+ watches!!

Craftsman
    Thinking back, its probably the same as last year. The collection has been downsized massively in the last 18 months, and the only watch I really want is a Rolex Explorer. Registered my interest last November, and got the call this November, 3 days after buying a house! So, back on the list and waiting again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I also have a 60th next year and have ordered a new Milguass Z-Blue as my present to myself. I have been promised the next one in, so it should be with me long before my birthday.
    The z blue is sublime, it’s been my go to watch now for a couple of years and is my most worn watch so far you will love it.
    My purchases mapped out are immediately in the near future I.e before Christmas a SD4K and a YM. My wife has her list which includes lots of pretty watches with colour.

Daytona on rubber
    New Kermit
    JLC reverso
    Rose gold GMT
    Deepsea Cameron
    Tudor Pelagos

That’s the immediate plan we shall see about what comes out.
    Last edited by shoppy; 2nd January 2022 at 02:00.

Nothing too extravagant.

Wouldn’t mind adding a Sinn U50.

Rumours of a limited edition Seiko in the “MM200 42” with a green dial so will hopefully aim for that rather than impulse purchase of the recently released SPB187.

Quite fancy a vintage dress watch of some description.

Will get around to selling the original PRS68 in the new year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    For me, just one purchase. The GP Laureato skeleton ceramic in black. Hopefully by the end of next summer!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Still trying to find a reasonably priced, full set 114270, proving to be very difficult!

Journeyman
    I have my name down for the new sub 124060 but I’m happy to wait. Last time I was back home in Southport I spoke to young Mr. Wood about finding a nice 1665 and then I’d honestly be finished; would be nice to get there in 2021. The thing I really hope for though is that, in the coming economic mess, I can hang on to what I already have. Achieving that on its own would be a result.

Master
    FP Journe: Chronometre Optimum Platinum.
    Patek Philippe: 5968A-001
    Rolex: White Gold Submariner 126619LB
    Rolex: Skydweller 326934

Honestly though, none of the above are "sure deals" so I may end up with nothing LOL

Watch Intentions 2021

Deleted.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 21st December 2020 at 00:50.

The first goal is to try and end 2021 with the same two I started with. This is something that I’ve failed at since joining here in 2013.

I’d also like to add a King Samurai in black. Apart from that that’s it.

Either Seiko's SBDX001 (should never have sold my old one) and/or a Tutima DI300, though my financial priority for 2021 will be the property I'm moving into in the NY.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    The z blue is sublime, it’s been my go to watch now for a couple of years and is my most worn watch so far you will love it.
    My purchases mapped out are immediately in the near future I.e before Christmas a SD4K and a YM. My wife has her list which includes lots of petty watches with colour.

Daytona on rubber
    New Kermit
    JLC reverso
    Rose gold GMT
    Deepsea Cameron
    Tudor Pelagos

That’s the immediate plan we shall see about what comes out.
    I saw the full Rose Gold GMT when it first came out - superb if you want a full gold bracelet. Good luck with the Daytona - I guess better chance than the steel version?

Martyn

Just one. I was offered the new Speedy Ed White (twice!) but IMHO it does not look like a £12k watch in the metal (for me the 321 movement is 'meh') and actually I prefer the look of the FOIS. Turns out the bracelet for the 321 fits the FOIS so that's what ilp be doing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My list of watches I am unlikely to get in 2021

Blue Royal Oak
    Ed White 321
    Speedy Snoopy

None. In 2021 I will wear and enjoy what I have.

Craftsman
    Speedy snoopy (on way hopefully)
    Sub nd (come on santa)
    Milgauss blue or dj41 blue
    But who knows how this strange hobby leads you
    Seamaster non date looks good if its a matt finish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    The only watch I’d consider is the new Ed White 321; but as i am unlikely to be offered one, that’s not a problem.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Just one. I was offered the new Speedy Ed White (twice!) but IMHO it does not look like a £12k watch in the metal (for me the 321 movement is 'meh') and actually I prefer the look of the FOIS. Turns out the bracelet for the 321 fits the FOIS so that's what ilp be doing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ryan you’ve probably disappointed a lot of people here by only having one watch on your wish list - I imagine many have been waiting to choose their watches from what you post here lol

Hopefully Kash will have a good list :-)

I had two aims for 2020 - neither happened, yet 3 incomings, all bloody fantastic so cannot complain at all.

If either of my 2020 aims happen, it'll mean some selling and I hate selling. Pretty happy with how my selection sits, so going to try and resist...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I saw the full Rose Gold GMT when it first came out - superb if you want a full gold bracelet. Good luck with the Daytona - I guess better chance than the steel version?

Martyn
    Martyn,

I have tried the GMT twice and will get it because I may as well as I remember my first WG daytona costing me £14000, was expensive at the time but seems so cheap now. I have had several WG Daytona’s in the past they are not coming down in price.
    Ref SS daytona, I purchased my black dial for under 15k and it seems like a bargain now. I have yet to see the Daytona on flex in person but my AD has one coming form Rolex for me to look at, I am sure I will like it.

Craftsman
    My watch budget is much lower than many on this forum and with a some home improvements due in 2021 it’s looking unlikely that I’ll add much if anything.
    That said I did recently miss out on a GS SBGX059 on SC recently so if I stumbled on another at a similar price I’d be a happy man.

Master
    I’ve had a hankering for a polar Explorer 2 for a while now but have to say after buying the new white Seamaster it has all but disappeared. That’s proper man maths right there. Spend £2750 on a watch I don’t need to save £8k’ish on a watch I don’t need. I’m very impressed with myself

Quite tempted by something in the Atticus Adventure series due I understand for pre order in January for 400 dollars

https://atticuswatch.com/

Large Santos for me, something about them that keeps me checking them out all the time.
    Love the new models but for me the white dial is a classic

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    I’ve had a hankering for a polar Explorer 2 for a while now but have to say after buying the new white Seamaster it has all but disappeared. That’s proper man maths right there. Spend £2750 on a watch I don’t need to save £8k’ish on a watch I don’t need. I’m very impressed with myself
    Excellent mental gymnastics there - I fully recognise this logic. I've also been prevaricating between an Explorer 2 & a white Seamaster - currently planning on trying to locate an Exp 2 if finances allow. Sadly, that's a fairly significant "if". This plus a Tudor BB & a vintage Longines & I'll have a happy 2021.

Craftsman
    Possibly a Sinn and Hamilton field mechanical. And sell watches I haven't seen in a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Master

Watch Intentions 2021

Aside from the waitlist for the Daytona, blue Datejust,Pepsi and sub no date, I will be buying a 116600, a Breguet traditional, iwc pilot, omega snoopy, the previous model sub no date, and buying a few parts to make some.

I won’t buy Breitling again and will be researching the Sinn and Dornbluth offerings.
    Last edited by joe narvey; 19th December 2020 at 13:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    Excellent mental gymnastics there - I fully recognise this logic. I've also been prevaricating between an Explorer 2 & a white Seamaster - currently planning on trying to locate an Exp 2 if finances allow. Sadly, that's a fairly significant "if". This plus a Tudor BB & a vintage Longines & I'll have a happy 2021.
    Mental gymnastics, I like it....I really couldn’t justify the extra expense for the polar explorer 2 now.
    I’ve had the black version and loved it but traded it for a great car on this forum. TZ at its best.
    Good luck with your decision between the two, mine’s already made.

Craftsman
    Blancpain FF no radiations reissue , been looking for one for a fair while & still on the hunt .........or the new Hodinkee mil spec , which I think I’ve just missed out on .

I hope to get my Seiko 6138 'Jumbo' back from repair...

I'm also looking forward to Eddie's Caribbean reissue.

The Sinn EZM2 is something that has repeatedly caught my eye but I'd really like to see it in person before I commit.

I need to get my 1st gen Ginault Ocean Rover sold before I can start looking for anything else but each time I get it out to sell, I have second thoughts and put it back.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Would like to try speedmaster 60th trilogy, iwc pilot chronograph or Portuguese, breitling emergency. Might sell my Rolex GMT Master 16750 glossy dial.

Going to sell my watches, buy myself the Patek I like and get off the hamster wheel.

I really need to reduce numbers next year; if I'm going to have a chance of obtaining:

• A manual Heuer (73633 Bund, or 73463 Skipper)
    • An Aquastar re-edition
    • A blue or white dialed Panerai

I'm sure there are lost more, but those are top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Quite tempted by something in the Atticus Adventure series due I understand for pre order in January for 400 dollars

https://atticuswatch.com/
    I've also been looking at this, and maybe this year I finally treat myself to a Grand Seiko.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Going to sell my watches, buy myself the Patek I like and get off the hamster wheel.
    Sounds about right!

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Would like to try speedmaster 60th trilogy, iwc pilot chronograph or Portuguese, breitling emergency. Might sell my Rolex GMT Master 16750 glossy dial.

Bought the trilogy Speedy from SC a few weeks ago... quickly becoming my favourite modern watch in the collection!

Craftsman
    One or two vintage watches perhaps. And these won't be expensive either, so almost no hit to the bank account, and the trouble and strife stays blissfully unaware.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Swap out 5167 for the 5164 Aquanaut is still my aim but ive been saying that for 3 years.

Just paid for the No Time To Die seamaster which will probably arrive in the New Year. Prob wont hang around too long but thought would give it a go

DJ36 - white dial Jubilee

Batgirl

New Sub Date

S