closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Intentions 2021

Blog Entries

Exclamation Watch Intentions 2021

So everyone. What is on your realistic watch wish list for 2021 - ones you would like to buy next year. Top three. This is not a blue sky wish list - keep it real and it’s not a competition.

It’s the big 60 for me next year - so need to think hard about a “milestone” watch - most likely the DJ:

for me:

• Rolex DJ 36 fluted bezel, president bracelet - blue or white, TT, with baton hands
    • JLC memorex with alarm (mechanical)
    • Omega - Seamaster steel - non-date, released recently

All the best for the next year!

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 18th December 2020 at 19:16.

Craftsman

Just one

I've got to the point where I've got more than enough watches (*gasp*, yes, such a thing exists) and especially with lockdowns and working from home, there's no variation in venue and outfit to worry about.

However, my 1969 Bulova Accutron (passed on from my father) has developed some fault that even keitht's magic can't resolve, so I'm considering adding another Accutron if I'm not able to get it back into running order.
    Last edited by threescoops; 23rd December 2020 at 15:54. Reason: Minor typo fix

Blog Entries
    I plan to eventually get round to buying a blue Yachtmaster early in the new year.

Master
    Mine are relatively modest, I'd like

• My Navigator back from the repairers

• A Smiths Artificer

• A Hamilton Field Khaki Mechanical (might treat myself in 2020 though)

• Maybe a Garmin Solar Instinct (but probably not)

Master
    I've got a few already set for next year.. a DJ36 blue on jubilee, ST1 (deal covid pending), snoopy3, and a GMTc hopefully from my AD. Fingers crossed!

And I'm supposed to be a one watch guy!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Good post

Oris Aquis cal 400 if i can get past my dislike of the date at 6 window.

Rolex Explorer if I can find one if not then just a plain black dial Rolex Oyster.

I also plan to sell 3 next year to make room in the watch box.

Only two at the moment: the new Titoni Seascoper and a funky reissue of the old Slava Tank:

And possibly any old Soviet era NOS Slavas I see on eBay.

Likely to move to quartz only next year, so my likely purchases are:

Grand Seiko diver - probably SBGX335

X33 Skywalker

Garmin Instinct Solar

My goal is to move to a two watch collection, essentially my Rolex LV for most of private life and a dressier watch for work/formal events.

Next year for me could be quite interesting one with potentially a dream job coming up, my 35th birthday, asking THE question to better half .. If everything works out, aging only thing being certain, I have been contemplating celebrating with a dream watch, which for me is either an ALS, Patek or FPJ. The model I really really really want (3940) is a bit on the hefty side price wise so we shall see. Maybe a more modest model.

Sub Date LV 41mm "Cermit". On the list and hopeful I can get one next year.

BLRO or SkyDweller. Disliked both since launch but they are growing on me now and after my 2020 incomings and a full dive set I need to think about what's next and maybe speak to the AD.

SD4Kc 116600. I know it will be too small but I can't stop looking at pictures and reading about it. I've tried one on a few times in WF and have convinced myself it's borderline. It isn't.

*Aquanaut. I know four isn't allowed but I've been on the list for a few years now and I'm always hopeful my phone will ring for one. Added as fourth because of how unlikely it is.

Master
    I'm thinking of selling off a handful of lesser worn pieces and I'm hoping the availability of the Odysseus improves....

Alternatively, I've only ever seen one pre-owned De Bethune Titan Hawk (it was around £20k), but if I saw another at that price, I might be tempted...

(Taken from https://www.ablogtowatch.com/de-beth...hawk-v2-watch/)

simon

See my signature - although I'm not actively looking to buy anything.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Martyn, I'm guessing it's the jubilee bracelet you're after on the DJ36? For the Seamaster no date in steel is that the one that's rumoured to be coming soon and/or Swiss army issue only or do you have a picture?

Master
    I think a Series 1 Zenith De Luca and then I really would stop buying for a while. Honest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post

It’s the big 60 for me next year - so need to think hard about a “milestone” watch - most likely the DJ:

for me:

• Rolex DJ 36 fluted bezel, president bracelet - blue or white, TT, with baton hands
    • JLC memorex with alarm (mechanical)
    • Omega - Seamaster steel - non-date, released recently

All the best for the next year!

Martyn
    For your sixtieth it surely has to be a proper 36mm DayDate, not a Datejust. With a blue dial. Treat yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I think a Series 1 Zenith De Luca and then I really would stop buying for a while. Honest.

Great choice - the Series 1 are a little thin on the ground, but if you can find one well done.

Master
    I’m very interested in Eddie’s new monopusher chrono.

Will be hopefully starting the year off with the Snoopy 50th and will look to add an SLA037. If my green sub turns up that will be a bonus. BLRO was on the list but it turned up early

Looking to expand my chronograph collection by adding:
    - Damasko DC80
    - Or Fortis Cosmonauts Lemania 5100
    In short, something with a central minute counter.

On the Seiko side, still on the lookout for a minty SBCM023.
    If acquired, I'll get my SKX modded as they would look too similar.

Finally, I need to service my two Zeniths and I hope I don't spend the money on another watch instead!

- Tudor Black Bay Harrods

- DJ41 Blue Dial, smooth bezel and Jubilee

- Seamaster Blue Dial/grey dial aqua terra or both haha

There are others but the above are the top 3 and should be achievable (other than the DJ41 maybe the way things are currently)

Hmm tough one, as who knows what the current climate will bring.

But the plan would be:

1) Tag Heuer Monaco Blue calibre 11 (may even trade the Panerai in for it)
    2) Oris 65 - arabic numerals (now discontinued) if I can find one at a price I'd like pay. Unless Oris bring this out with the cal.400
    3) Omega Speedmaster 3594 broadarrow again if I can find one at the price I'd like to pay.

Master
    I feel content with my current collection. I am on the mythical list for a 126610, but not especially fussed either way.
    That being said, I am always on the hunt for an older PAM sub, 87 is top of the list but a 64 would also be nice.
    I am contemplating retirement next year, and if that pans out I would like to mark the occasion with a bronze PAM, preferably a 671 or 382. Nor too fussed on the new brownzo, declined one from the London boutique earlier in the year.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think a bronze iwc spitfire chrono could sneak in, but I think I’ll sell a few also

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Only two at the moment: the new Titoni Seascoper and a funky reissue of the old Slava Tank:

And possibly any old Soviet era NOS Slavas I see on eBay.
    Where can these be found?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Nothing is really itching me to the point that im planning for it.
    I do fancy a crack at a big pilot as ive always liked them and never had a pilot of any variation.
    I also really like the turquoise and coral 36mm oyster perpetuals so wouldn't say no to either of those.

Im quite content at the moment really though, got 3 core watches that I rotate through and an array of "fun" watches like snoopy timex and g shock.
    I dont want to grow a collection again that has thousands tied up in it as ive lost a bit of the bug as time has gone on.

Master
    I’d love to have these

Rolex 116600 SD4K but they’re now around 12-13k with the grey dealers

VC Overseas blue dial three hander but this one has also seen a significant price increase and hardly any availability let alone discount

Rolex Sub ND

Maybe a BB58 in blue or a Superocean 42 if I'm lucky

More likely swapping my CWC RN for an SBS version and a Garmin of some sort.

Oh and maybe a Pinion Atom ND
    Last edited by acg; 18th December 2020 at 14:39.

My only planned acquisition should be a Habring Felix, assuming that I like it in the metal. Need to only UK dealer to drop into a lower lockdown tier

14 months so far on the interest list for a GMT II, so will ask for an update in March, although I won’t hold my breath.

It’s possible I may scratch the almost 4 year itch for a Monaco Calibre 11

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am almost totally happy with my collection but if I was to add another it would be anyone from these four:

• SD/DS
    • Tudor BB
    • X33
    • SunRise 6139

But I won't be holding my breath :)

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Where can these be found?
    Cheapest place I've found is here: https://slava.su/Slava/TV/

Master
    I intend to buy a gold pocket watch from a good maker. There are dozens of good ones around but I like to F2F rather than deal via the post. I suspect I will be doing nothing until the middle of the year at least.

As usual, nothing planned.

But if something I like the look of comes along I'll buy it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    I think I’ll be moving down in terms of number of watches, but I want to make sure I get a Aqua Terra of some kind in there. The one sports Omega I’ve yet to have owned.

For some inexplicable reason I have very much gone off watches with rotating bezels and the AT fits the bill nicely. I seem drawn to the AT on rubber.

My big purchase of 2021 is the Hanhart 417ES. It should actually get to me before the end of the year but as it’s getting paid for in 2021 I’m counting it!

I’m also going to get a CWC Quartz Diver (again!) next year.

Finally, there have been a few really nice vintage pieces on SC. I’m going to sell a few of my collection that don’t get worn and build up a little float for some vintage dabbling on SC.

My only definite plans are to buy some of Eddie's, if they are to be released this year, and available.
    One of the new PRS-3 variants is bound to be right up my street, as could one of the Caribbeans be, and the Jubilee with Aventurine looks too good to miss.
    Big purchase-wise, I think a BB58 version (probably the blue, but they may release a new one) is tempting me, and a custom spec DC80 would alsp tempt me.
    Dave

Master
    Gold, not sure what but definitely gold. Narrowed it down to 3 or 4 options I think but that’s what I want to aim for. I’ve thought for years I’m not old enough to wear gold but who am I kidding. Especially now I’m 50. I’ve over spent and not spending more so I’ll be selling at least two watches to do this.

Master
    Only one next year Omega Snoopy 50th but may also buy the new Rolex 216570 due for release sometime in 2021.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Gold, not sure what but definitely gold. Narrowed it down to 3 or 4 options I think but that’s what I want to aim for. I’ve thought for years I’m not old enough to wear gold but who am I kidding. Especially now I’m 50. I’ve over spent and not spending more so I’ll be selling at least two watches to do this.
    Just make sure when you buy your gold watch that it is fitted with a leather strap. Far more classy than a gaudy bracelet.

VC Overseas 4500V Black Dial - I’m telling myself (and my wife) that this will be the last watch I buy.

Service and new strap for Omega SMP 2264.

Rubber strap for Omega PO Chrono.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Just make sure when you buy your gold watch that it is fitted with a leather strap. Far more classy than a gaudy bracelet.
    Balls to that.
    Go proper or go home.

Master
    I’ve thought long and hard about that already and despite your wisdom I’ll be going for the full bracelet experience for my first gold. I wear my VC on leather and I’m happy with that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Exactly :-)

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Balls to that.
    Go proper or go home.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Balls to that.
    Go proper or go home.

Madam

My wife wears a YG Datejust with a gold bracelet and a diamond dial and she is 68. It looks fine on a woman but it would look a total disaster on an elderly man. Most PP watches are held on with a leather strap as their clients are aware of what looks good and what looks inappropriate. A gold bracelet on a man just screams LOOK AT ME I AM CONSIDERABLY MORE RICHER THAN YOWS.

Top of the list is an AP Royal Oak

Failing that, Panerai Radiomir, Sinn 857 UTC or Ebel 1911 BTR Chrono

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Top of the list is an AP Royal Oak

Failing that, Panerai Radiomir, Sinn 857 UTC or Ebel 1911 BTR Chrono
    Actually - you just reminded me - AP RO (not offshore) - that is on my hit list - but maybe not be until 2022.

This make interesting reading from "What Intensions 2020" posted back end of 2019. #55
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 18th December 2020 at 19:00.

Hopefully 2020 will be a year that sees a three out one in year with the aim to consolidate down the collection

The aim for the in is to be a VC overseas black face and something I’ve lusted after for well over a year. the outs will 71 speedy, aquatimer and the a seiko all of which don’t get worn but I just seem to part with them for what ever reason.

I don’t intend to buy any. The whole watch collecting thing has lost it shine for me what with ridiculous prices, arrogant AD’s and scarce availability. I’ll be sticking with my Fenix.

Apparently my watch collection is complete.......except... I have no Rolex in it! So, my aim in 2021 is to rectify that with either a sub date or Explorer II. Nether is likely to be new, because it would seem that Rolex and their AP's deem me unworthy or unsuitable to sell to (though I do have my interest noted for a sub). TBH I would be very happy with a good used 5 number version of these.

A

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I don’t intend to buy any. The whole watch collecting thing has lost it shine for me what with ridiculous prices, arrogant AD’s and scarce availability. I’ll be sticking with my Fenix.
    All I wear now too, excellent watches.

Will most likely sell a few of my remaining modern watches and buy a few more vintage ones - mostly Universal Geneves, a 14060 or Tudor Sub.

I also have a 60th next year and had ordered a new Milguass Z-Blue as my present to myself.

My planning priorities have since changed somewhat with my wife looking to stop work in early 2021 and that is far more important to me than buying another Rolex, so the order for the Milgauss has been cancelled.

I now have no purchases planned for 2021.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 21st December 2020 at 22:00.