closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 116600 SD4K Ceramic opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Perfect, thank you. I'm on the list for the WG Yachtmaster so might try order an extra strap if I get to pick one up.
    Its definitely a worthwhile investment, they were £245 a side from Mappin and Webb.

Master
    My understanding is that Rolex only intend the Oysterflex to sell with gold models. It is not offered with a single steel model. Not one. In which case, they will go out of their way to make fitting pretty tricky. It works both ways, apparently you can’t fix a metal Rolex bracelet to a model normally sold with Oysterflex. Knowing Rolex, none of this surprises me.
    Anyway, what’s wrong with decent rubber straps? Cheaper….
    The other issue is the adjustable Rolex clasp . Fitted to a standard Oysterflex it is excellent. In my case, I got a slightly oversized rubber blade, which fitted to the flexilink clasp gives wonderful flexibility, fit and forget. It’s great.
    Last edited by paskinner; 11th June 2021 at 15:59.

In my case it was just nice to have the option of a OEM Rolex rubber strap. I just told M&W I had a rose gold Yachtmaster and needed another strap, they had it in stock raised a online payment portal. Upon payment I was asked if I'd like to pop in for fitting or wanted it posting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    In my case it was just nice to have the option of a OEM Rolex rubber strap. I just told M&W I had a rose gold Yachtmaster and needed another strap, they had it in stock raised a online payment portal. Upon payment I was asked if I'd like to pop in for fitting or wanted it posting.
    Good call, might try that

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    My understanding is that Rolex only intend the Oysterflex to sell with gold models. It is not offered with a single steel model. Not one. In which case, they will go out of their way to make fitting pretty tricky. It works both ways, apparently you can’t fix a metal Rolex bracelet to a model normally sold with Oysterflex. Knowing Rolex, none of this surprises me.
    Anyway, what’s wrong with decent rubber straps? Cheaper….
    I think you are correct. Rolex or Rolex AD will not sell Oysterflex unless you have a watch that came on Oysterflex. They will often swap it for free if there is a size issue. They will always keep the old one. Some ADs may be willing to ignore the rules though. Otherwise you can get them on eBay or Chrono24. Not sure if Mappin and Webb will sell without a proof of having a watch that comes on Oysterflex

PS- just saw the other post:-)

How would you even know what size to order?

At £245 a side it’s not great to get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    How would you even know what size to order?

At £245 a side it’s not great to get it wrong.
    You measure how many links you have either side of the clasp and convert that to the letter system they use.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    I doubt the stickered watches remaining in the world will ever be worn now, just held as a commodity.
    Cant help but feel this is a shame, that being said if I had one with stickers I wouldn't take them off either, I would however sell the watch and replace with a lightly used one and spend the difference on beer and fancy dinners

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimforthebushes View Post
    Cant help but feel this is a shame, that being said if I had one with stickers I wouldn't take them off either, I would however sell the watch and replace with a lightly used one and spend the difference on beer and fanny
    Yip agreed!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Unworn 116600's on Ch24 for £19k. Crikey!!
    People can advertise for whatever price they want
    What they sell for is a completely different matter
    Generally I would take the cheapest chrono24 price and knock 10% off for its value

I own a full set 16600 F serial which I love so a question for those who have owned the older model and the ceramic 40mm - is the upgrade worth it?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    I own a full set 16600 F serial which I love so a question for those who have owned the older model and the ceramic 40mm - is the upgrade worth it?
    I owned both for a long time.
    The 16600 was first and the ceramic followed a couple of years later and stayed unworn in the safe for another couple of years as I couldn’t decide which I preferred and whether or not I wanted to keep both.
    Just a couple of months ago I decided to keep the 116600 and the 16600 was sold.
    I prefer the 116600 simply because I can get a slightly better fit with the improved bracelet as it’s a fairly top heavy design, but I can understand others preferring the older model as both are fantastic watches.

If saying ‘five digit Rolex’ makes you feel warm and fuzzy, then the upgrade may not be worth it but IMO, the modern watch is an improvement I. Every single way. It both are excellent watches

Great - appreciate the feedback. I do like the 5 digit feel but the ceramic version clearly has major technical improvements. One thing is for sure, one would have to make way for the other!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    People can advertise for whatever price they want
    What they sell for is a completely different matter
    Generally I would take the cheapest chrono24 price and knock 10% off for its value
    Ordinarily I'd agree, but being a US seller they're normally cheaper than EU sellers.

Craftsman
    Found a dealer with 2016 full set for £12500, seems about as good as it gets with these high prices

I opted to keep the 16600 model over the SD4K.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    Ordinarily I'd agree, but being a US seller they're normally cheaper than EU sellers.
    To make the prices comparable though you'd need to add the VAT on to anything outside the UK that's being sold on a margin basis.

I've been looking at a few watches outside the UK recently. By the time you factor in the import charges, UK sellers generally look reasonably priced. For the stuff I've been looking at anyway.

For brand new watches it's obviously a different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Found a dealer with 2016 full set for £12500, seems about as good as it gets with these high prices
    Surprised you found a full set for that from a dealer. If it's in good condition that's an instant buy surely. Couple of WTBs for the SDc currently so one of them may opt for it.

Blog Entries
    In 2015 I could not give mine away here for less than half that - went to a dealer: FS: Rolex SD4000 - 116600 Sea Dweller
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

116600 SD4K Ceramic opinions?

My biggest single wis regret is letting mine go...
    But it was needs must at the time so there you are.

Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    In 2015 I could not give mine away here for less than half that - went to a dealer: FS: Rolex SD4000 - 116600 Sea Dweller
    Crazy how the demand for this watch has shifted over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Crazy how the demand for this watch has shifted over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    It makes me wonder if we will ever see times like this again in the future...

Master
    I love mine since starting this thread; still gets a lot of wrist time; perfection in almost every aspect for me. Not perfect as I still lust other watches regularly.