closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Meteorite dials

Meteorite dials

I've got an itch to scratch, and that's having a meteorite dialled watch.

Are there any micro brands that supply these sort of dials in a more divers/sports watch format? I came across Signum watches that do a funky, heat treated, dial and this might be a winner: https://www.signumwatches.com/produc...34434109341856

Unless there are any others the people could recommend? Or any horror stories about the Signum brand?

Have a look at Zelos, they make a number of models with meteorite dials, and their quality is decent.

Just beaten to it above, but agree Zelos are worth a look.

Microbrand from Singapore with reputedly superb customer service.

I have read that they were the first to produce a watch with both a meteorite bezel insert and dial, or maybe it was just the insert (can’t be bothered to check).

Their watches are limited runs of circa 150 only and all numbered.

They are also a cut above most in terms of their lumed bezel inserts & crown engravings, quick-release bracelet spring bars, ‘no tools’ adjustable clasp, use of titanium, sandwich dials etc., and all their watches come in a beautiful wooden box with faux-leather watch roll (both quite useful), and a free horween leather strap. Standard but reliable Seiko NH35 movements.

‘Serious Watches’ are a Dutch seller of Zelos, which takes some of the guess work out of whether or not you’ll be hit with import tax etc. (not for too much longer, perhaps). I bought mine from them and the service was 1st Class, some of the best I’ve received. They sell on Chrono24 to make it even easier and are open to negotiation on price.

In terms of the meteorite, Zelos use pieces of the Muonionalusta meteorite that landed in Scandinavia about a million years ago and is itself one of the oldest meteorites yet discovered - at circa 4.5 billion years old, it pre-dates the formation of the Earth. I find that amazing in a geeky fashion - it’s likely one of the oldest things anyone can touch on Earth.

Thank you @Stringer and @earlofsodbury!

This looks to be exactly what I am after. I've pinged seriouswatches an email to see which pieces are left in stock.

I am so sorry that I looked at this thread. I have been interested in meteorite dials for a few years now, but most were on expensive watches. Those Zelos look really good.

They have a few in stock:

https://www.seriouswatches.com/apps/...ct&q=meteorite

That Mako V3 is stunning - trying desperately to hold back....

Boldr do a couple of limited editions with meteorite dials, this one and a darker version. Very impressed with the build quality of these. A lot of watch for the money.

Just watched the videos of the Zelos watches at Serious Watches and the one thing that strikes me is the height or thickness of the case. They are all around the 14mm-15mm size, which is a fair chunk of a watch. Is this a common thing with meteorite dials or just the Zelos brand?

Anyone know any other brands at a similar price point. I cannot believe for example that the Rolex GMT meteorite is a chunky monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Just watched the videos of the Zelos watches at Serious Watches and the one thing that strikes me is the height or thickness of the case. They are all around the 14mm-15mm size, which is a fair chunk of a watch. Is this a common thing with meteorite dials or just the Zelos brand?

Anyone know any other brands at a similar price point. I cannot believe for example that the Rolex GMT meteorite is a chunky monkey.
    Must be just the Zelos (which is lovely by the way) as my Omega Speedmaster Professional Apollo Soyuz is the same size as my first generation Snoopy - the mineral itself is probably cut to be wafer thin.

Similar watches at the same price point? I’m not sure but I recall Invicta having some meteorite dials for reasonable money.

Master
    A meteorite dial is only slightly thicker than a normal dial at 0.4mm so it's just a design of the Zelos due to the movement and case design.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

All that I've looked at share these dimensions sadly. It's quite a chunky watch but I'm really quite tempted still! Unless anyone knows of any slimmer diver style ones?

Check out, Deep Blue meteorite. Nice and cheap.
    THIN is the new BLACK

If you are happy with a chrono - you could have a look at this one too.