closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Leather strap on an Explorer 114270

Master

Leather strap on an Explorer 114270

So I have been lucky enough to get an Explorer to join my PRS25 Everest. However I cant seem to get a leather strap on the Explorer without the sharp case edges wrecking the strap. I tried a lovely new Pav 79 strap on the Explorer but before I had even fitted the spring bar on the 6 o’clock side of the watch it was chewing up the strap.

I have read about bowed spring bars , is this the solution?

Thanks in advance

Steve

How thick is the ends of the strap? If the leather is too thick. It's going to rub

In order to use curved spring bars (I don't trust them as less strength than straight). You need straps with curved ends

I saw metal end links you attach to the leather straps which look similar to Rolex bracelet end links

I thought Rolex made them, but not?

Search on Rolex metal end links for leather straps Don't ask me which are the best. Don't own a Rolex

DON

I can only comment on the security of curved spring bars as I only use them with Haveston canvas straps, a sort of Nato pass through style without the "extra bit". I use them on 2 Damaskos (DA37 and DC56) and a PRS-5 Broadarrow, because the size of the gap between the bar and case makes the fit too tight for my liking, in the case of the DA37 the straps won't fit without curved bars. The curve of the bars flattens towards the ends and the end goes into the case more or less straight. During 6 months of use, that's been almost 24/7, and I've had no problems with the bars. These bars are from Cousins and are inexpensive enough to be worth a try. I bought them in 20 and 22mm in packs of 10 to cover all my watches. Could have bought smaller quantities from ebay etc. but this made them more expensive and I trust the Cousins quality more. I think some of your problem may be the thickness of leather that some of these bespoke strap makers use, IMHO a lot are too thick and are parallel, and as well as unbalancing smaller watch heads they catch on the case, as you have found. I've seen many pictures of Everests with straps that are to thick for the watch. I don't put a Haveston on my Everest as they are parallel and have a buckle that's too large to balance with the watch head.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Thanks Magirus & Don, I have bought spring bars from Cousins and like their quality. I may give them a try. At present Im “ softening” the leather strap by using it on my Everest ( Prs25)

Steve