closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BT Whole Home Mesh WiFi.

BT Whole Home Mesh WiFi.

So having read a lot about these recently on the forum I decided to buy a set of four to place around my house.

Setup was supposedly noted as easy however I don’t know what I am doing wrong?! The app setup page is step by step and very easy to understand (even for me!).

Anyway I keep getting this message?! But then when I check my device it says I am connected to the new BT whole home Wi-Fi?!?!

I can’t configure any disks where the app should walk you through the best signal strength area to place each disk as it keeps saying this:

This has really confused me as I am definitely connected to the BT whole home network and I have “forgotten” my old networks.

Anyone have any tips for a struggler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Have you plugged the first one into your router?????

Whole home changed our lives when we spread in the house a couple of years ago, its a game changer.

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Have you plugged the first one into your router?????

Whole home changed our lives when we spread in the house a couple of years ago, its a game changer.

Pitch
    Yes the first one is plugged into the Vodafone router via Ethernet. I think the issue is actually with the app! I have now ignored the setup process via the app and plugged them in around the house and they have turned blue. I have managed to set 3 disks up now but the 4th one just won’t connect (keeps getting red light).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Yes the first one is plugged into the Vodafone router via Ethernet. I think the issue is actually with the app! I have now ignored the setup process via the app and plugged them in around the house and they have turned blue. I have managed to set 3 disks up now but the 4th one just won’t connect (keeps getting red light).

It used to be very flaky but mine is superb now. Just moved house and it set up in the new one perfectly.

Is the fourth one far away from any other disk?

And if you haven’t already turn the Wi-Fi off on your router

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    It used to be very flaky but mine is superb now. Just moved house and it set up in the new one perfectly.

Is the fourth one far away from any other disk?

And if you haven’t already turn the Wi-Fi off on your router
    Thank you. The fourth one I am thinking is faulty it won’t even connect when in the same room as the main router and disk

How do I turn off the WiFi from the router please Craig? Thank you.

If anyone is reading this who has also recently bought BTs recent refurbished disks and is having the same problems then you need to update the firmware.

Master
    Thank you. The fourth one I am thinking is faulty it won’t even connect when in the same room as the main router and disk

You should be able to turn it off in the Vodafone broadband app. On m’y BT router I can go to the Routers home page by putting http://192.168.1.254/00000111500/gui/#/main/ in my browsers address field- not sure if it’s the same for Vodaphone ( think it is https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups...fcon098518.pdf)

You should be able to turn it off in the Vodafone broadband app. On m’y BT router I can go to the Routers home page by putting http://192.168.1.254/00000111500/gui/#/main/ in my browsers address field- not sure if it’s the same for Vodaphone ( think it is https://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups...fcon098518.pdf)
    Many thanks Craig. What are the benefits of switching the Vodafone WiFi off? It all seems to be working well at the moment but if you think it’s advantageous to turn off the Vodafone WiFi I will do as you said? Thanks

Master
    Many thanks Craig. What are the benefits of switching the Vodafone WiFi off? It all seems to be working well at the moment but if you think it’s advantageous to turn off the Vodafone WiFi I will do as you said? Thanks

It was advised with BT routers but as long as they are different names (SSID) then it probably won’t make any difference.

On my Vodafone router there are two buttons on the top right, one for WiFi and the wps. Hold the WiFi one down for a couple of seconds and the white light on the strip at the bottom will go out. You are getting WiFi from the bt home hubs so don't need a separate WiFi channel on the router as well.

So having read a lot about these recently on the forum I decided to buy a set of four to place around my house.

Setup was supposedly noted as easy however I don’t know what I am doing wrong?! The app setup page is step by step and very easy to understand (even for me!).

Anyway I keep getting this message?! But then when I check my device it says I am connected to the new BT whole home Wi-Fi?!?!

I can’t configure any disks where the app should walk you through the best signal strength area to place each disk as it keeps saying this:

This has really confused me as I am definitely connected to the BT whole home network and I have “forgotten” my old networks.

Anyone have any tips for a struggler?

I bought the 3 disc setup and it arrived yesterday. Having read this thread and watched a number of you tube videos I was hopeful/a bit scared as I’m not really a technical/IT geek but it was an absolute doddle, took about 30 mins tops to set it all up. Surprised to say that the 3 discs seem to be more than adequate for my 3 floor/6 bed house - and the speed/coverage is a lot better than before - I have a Sky q setup (just the one box) and previously had 2 Wi-Fi extenders. Things started dropping out a lot when we got a bunch of HomePod speakers and Amazon firesticks around the house plus lots of zoom/teams meetings plus my eldest son using his PlayStation again - and it became clear our Wi-Fi wasn’t really up to the job. 2 of the discs only show ‘good’ coverage but seem to be working fine, I may need another one if there are any issues over the next couple of weeks - but so far I’m very impressed

Mine arrived today and took about twenty minutes to set up.

Do far I’m very impressed.

Craftsman
    If anyone is reading this who has also recently bought BTs recent refurbished disks and is having the same problems then you need to update the firmware.

Thanks for this. Got mine working after about an hour of messing around - made me want to check it out the window a fair few times. Now it’s set up, range and speed seems to be better for sure.

Crap installation procedure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Thanks for this. Got mine working after about an hour of messing around - made me want to check it out the window a fair few times. Now it’s set up, range and speed seems to be better for sure.

Crap installation procedure though.
    Haha I know the feeling. I was trying for 3 hours various combinations etc. I nearly ended up with 4 frisbees!! The next morning I phoned the BT helpdesk and the guy updated the firmware for me by telling me step by step processes and then it was all working superbly. He also said that this should have been done prior to sending out to me!

So anyone else buying these please bear this in mind.

Blog Entries
    Haha I know the feeling. I was trying for 3 hours various combinations etc. I nearly ended up with 4 frisbees!! The next morning I phoned the BT helpdesk and the guy updated the firmware for me by telling me step by step processes and then it was all working superbly. He also said that this should have been done prior to sending out to me!

So anyone else buying these please bear this in mind.

What is the step by step process for upgrading the firmware please?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I can’t remember off of the top of my head as the BT tech guy took me through the process over the phone. He gave me a web browser address code 192.etc etc which then took me into the main system and then their is an upgrade tab. Give them a call. They were very helpful.

Master
    Open the app- settings- firmware update- check for update

Based on this thread I have just bought a set, brand new. I’ll set them up in the next few days and hope they eliminate the dead spots in our old house.

Fingers crossed...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Based on this thread I have just bought a set, brand new. I’ll set them up in the next few days and hope they eliminate the dead spots in our old house.

Fingers crossed...
    I think you will be impressed. I was very impressed after the initial setup frustration.

Just waiting on mine being delivered, bit of a pain that BT only send one out first!! Even after you tell them it s 3 storey 19 room property... And no way is one going to cut it.

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    Just waiting on mine being delivered, bit of a pain that BT only send one out first!! Even after you tell them it s 3 storey 19 room property... And no way is one going to cut it.

Wow. Do you live in a hotel?!

Wow. Do you live in a hotel?!

Close an old guest house we bought as a project, and it turning out to be a BIG project,

Quote Originally Posted by davie0146 View Post
    Close an old guest house we bought as a project, and it turning out to be a BIG project,

That sounds exciting. Good luck with it all.

Blog Entries
    I can’t remember off of the top of my head as the BT tech guy took me through the process over the phone. He gave me a web browser address code 192.etc etc which then took me into the main system and then their is an upgrade tab. Give them a call. They were very helpful.

Open the app- settings- firmware update- check for update
    Thanks both

Thanks both
    No probs. I hope you got it sorted OK.

BT Whole Home Mesh WiFi.

I’m undecided whether to get an extra disc, we live in a 3 storey house - router (and the first disc attached to it) are in the bottom right hand side of the house, next disc is on the middle landing, right in the middle of the house, third disc on the top floor, left hand corner of the house where my office is. The first disc shows ‘excellent’ coverage, the other 2 only ‘good’ although there don’t seem to be any issues. Weirdly nothing much seems to attach to the middle hub, just wondering if it would improve speeds etc if I spent £80 from Amazon for an extra disc in the bottom left corner of the house which is the kitchen. As the house has 6 beds over 3 stories I thought I’d need a fourth but as everywhere seems to get Wi-Fi now I’m undecided. Any views? Does ‘good’ mean the discs are working fine or will all saying ‘excellent’ increase speeds? - it’s much improved from before, but do extra discs make it better?