closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which GShock.

Master

Which GShock.

Now I know this topic has probably been done to death but there's probably been a couple of new models out since the last.
    I recently got the GBD 100 1ER off this forum and it's rekindled my love for them.
    So I started looking on the GShock site to see if I could better it so to speak. And came across the H1000 series, specifically the one pictured.
    What I'm wondering is are the worth the money? (I'm sure they are) and what other models would be similar?
    Watch is used for work, a bit of running, and I do like the fact I can get phone notifications (WhatsApp email etc) albeit on the GBD 100 1ER it's quite basic.

Any help or advice is always appreciated as I know there are some very knowledgeable GShock folk on here.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I see they are running their 12 days of Xmas email event - so show a different watch each day - not directly answering your question, but just adds to the mind tricks they play!

There seem to be so many out there - it’s just mind boggling - I like the new python skin model but I’m in the minority it seems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday bought my first ever G-Shock after spending days deciding what features I would want.

Went for the classic look GM-W5610-1ER, although it was close call between that one and the GW-B5600-2ER (similar but better solar panel and Bluetooth), cost difference was negligable.

If money was no object I'd have done for the GMW-B5000D-1ER (all metal) or failing that the Japanese only GW-5000-1JF but as this was my first G-Shock I played it conservatively and to a budget.

Obviously no experience of the H1000 series but being a G-Shock ought to be tough enough to carry out those activities you've specified. Also when you say see if you can get better, in what way? What is it about the GBD 100 1ER that needs to be improved?

Agree with Sweepinghand there are so many different combinations of G-Shock that it is hard to pick any specific ones out from the pack!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by christech81 View Post
    Yesterday bought my first ever G-Shock after spending days deciding what features I would want.

Went for the classic look GM-W5610-1ER, although it was close call between that one and the GW-B5600-2ER (similar but better solar panel and Bluetooth), cost difference was negligable.

If money was no object I'd have done for the GMW-B5000D-1ER (all metal) or failing that the Japanese only GW-5000-1JF but as this was my first G-Shock I played it conservatively and to a budget.

Obviously no experience of the H1000 series but being a G-Shock ought to be tough enough to carry out those activities you've specified. Also when you say see if you can get better, in what way? What is it about the GBD 100 1ER that needs to be improved?

Agree with Sweepinghand there are so many different combinations of G-Shock that it is hard to pick any specific ones out from the pack!
    In terms of bettering I honeslty can't even answer that. Which is ridiculous I know but because I've no clue about G shocks I guess I'm hoping that someone else can tell me

Master
    There is a thread dedicated to the GBD-H1000 here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nitor-and-GPS/

You may find some helpful comments in there.

I have one, and I would say:

If you aren't interested in tracking / sharing activities using GPS, it's probably not the G Shock for you.

If you are interested in that, a Garmin may be a better bet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    There is a thread dedicated to the GBD-H1000 here:

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nitor-and-GPS/

You may find some helpful comments in there.

I have one, and I would say:

If you aren't interested in tracking / sharing activities using GPS, it's probably not the G Shock for you.

If you are interested in that, a Garmin may be a better bet.
    When I was searching on the forum I think I read through parts of that. I might not necessarily track etc but then at least 50% of owning a watch is aesthetics for me. And I do really like the H1000 series. It may however be a big big for my wrist.

Master
    Well - I have a slim wrist and despite my comments in that thread, I really like mine. As a useful tool I prefer my Garmin Instinct. But as a big chunk of G Shock fun, I'm very fond of my GBD-H1000.

Master
    Well - I have a slim wrist and despite my comments in that thread, I really like mine. As a useful tool I prefer my Garmin Instinct. But as a big chunk of G Shock fun, I'm very fond of my GBD-H1000.
    Good advices. I'm close to buying if I'm honest. When I get settles later I might read through that whole thread.

Master
    Well just a wee update for anyone that's interested.
    H1000 arrived today and bloody hell it's a biggy. Although I do like my watches a little on the bigger side. Even though I'm a 7" ish wrist.
    Still think it wears OK though and it does look lovely, as I said above this would be 50% of buying a watch for me. At least. Haven't really had a chance to do anything with it though. Still it's nice to have it on my wrist.

Very quick service from G Shock

Master
    Looks good! Mine accompanied me on a 65 mile bike ride today.

Craftsman
    Looks good.. and doesn't seem too big..

Master
    Looks good! Mine accompanied me on a 65 mile bike ride today.
    You're to blame for this purchase! Really love the look of it. Just need to get to grips with the various functions. Most of which I'll provably never use.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakar View Post
    Looks good.. and doesn't seem too big..