closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PSA - Hamilton Khaki Quartz

PSA - Hamilton Khaki Quartz

I saw these on eBay going for under €200 new in box so decided to go for it. I paid £189 after conversion, which includes €15 DHL delivery from Italy so about £175 for the actual watch. They are going for £415 on Jura Watches, I didn’t realise this until after so became a bit sceptical - the old ‘if it seems too good to be true it usually is’ mantra.

But sure enough it arrived today, less than 24 hours after payment and all is well. Boxed, packaged, instructions, mint. And very nice it is too. Lovely legible dial and super thin being the quartz variant. So in case anyone else is interested here are the links and some pics of mine (still in packaging, apologies for rubbish pics). Its the 38mm version.

On leather strap £170 + £15 delivery
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303795785862

On bracelet £180 + £15 delivery
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324344152013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davidj54; 8th December 2020 at 14:56.

I'm not saying it is fake but that price and that model - can you get some decent pictures of the front and the back?

(I partly want to know because at that price...)

The quartz models were always available much cheaper than the automatics, so I guess this one is authentic.

What's kept me from buying a Khaki in the past was the lack of AR on the sapphire.

How noticeable is the glare from the crystal on the black dial?

A great deal👍
    On a related note, am quite drawn the Khaki converter three hander. Not much discounts available but would certainly like to try it out.

Seems to be 3 listings on eBay for this model currently and all around the same £180 price. Used models on eBay have sold for around 30% less.

So the price is good, but not to the point where I would be particularly suspicious. Looks like a nice watch!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    A great deal
    On a related note, am quite drawn the Khaki converter three hander. Not much discounts available but would certainly like to try it out.

??? Which model is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    ??? Which model is this?
    I believe it is new, very new.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I'm not saying it is fake but that price and that model - can you get some decent pictures of the front and the back?

(I partly want to know because at that price...)
    Yep now probs - has to put them on an image sharer as Tapatalk isn’t letting me post images for some reason.

https://ibb.co/SXrzS0T
    https://ibb.co/2hdKDrw
    https://ibb.co/8DJDY3W

Regarding the reflective glare, that’s always been a concern of mine but doesn’t seem nearly as bad as I’d anticipated, the dial is jet black and the numerals bright white which helps. Have only had it a few hours though and not able to take it into the wild for a test run yet so it’s early impressions only.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    Yep now probs - has to put them on an image sharer as Tapatalk isn’t letting me post images for some reason.

Thanks ! I'm no Hamilton expert but that looks in the words of my friend MC Hammer [checks notes] too legit to quit!

Wear it in good health!

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes - yes new range - there is also a new traveller GMT in that range with the new version of the Powermatic 80.

That’s got a bit of a SARB059 look to it - probably dinner plate size though, off to do some Googling...

Craftsman
    Just wanted to say thanks to the OP, saw this thread and ordered one, blow me down, arrived today having been ordered two days ago so super quick from Italy! I bought the bracelet model too but put it on a grey two piece nato and it looks and wears great, just getting used to the size but very happy so far. Again my thanks to OP, Cheers, John B4

Journeyman
    Looks like a very good deal to me. Congrats guys!