closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brexit: What will happen with shipping to/from the EU without a deal?

Master
    I am about to post something to a member in the Netherlands. Have done the customs declaration but as it is being sent today, we hope that it will not attract customs attention!

Good way to try the system before sending or receiving a higher value watch for example.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    I am about to post something to a member in the Netherlands. Have done the customs declaration but as it is being sent today, we hope that it will not attract customs attention!

Good way to try the system before sending or receiving a higher value watch for example.
    Hopefully it won't get lost - but I would think it will get delayed - there are warnings from all shippers to expect delays in the coming days until the systems smooth out.

I saw this applies - data may be passed electronically - anyway the buyer is liable for any tax due so you should be OK?... from RM site:

"As you’re sending to an address outside the United Kingdom, you’ll need to add a bit more information about your items. This will appear on the customs documents and may be sent electronically to the customs authority in the destination country."
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 30th December 2020 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Hopefully it won't get lost - but I would think it will get delayed - there are warnings from all shippers to expect delays in the coming days until the systems smooth out. If you send today (in 2020) current rules apply, so not sure why you need a customs declaration?
    I have an incoming from Italy that was meant to be delivered today (UPS), but now the website shows that the watch is still in Germany with no expected delivery day O.o.... regardling VAT - we now have a trade deal don't we? unless I'm missing something:)
    Last edited by tommyzzj; 30th December 2020 at 20:18.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I have an incoming from Italy that was meant to be delivered today (UPS), but now the website shows that the watch is still in Germany with no expected delivery day O.o....
    Also DHL have already stopped shipping to UK : The company had already made a decision to halt the delivery service from December 23 from the EU to the UK due to Brexit, but this has now been pulled forward.

Also DHL have already stopped shipping to UK : The company had already made a decision to halt the delivery service from December 23 from the EU to the UK due to Brexit, but this has now been pulled forward.
    DHL have also said that their EU-UK service will restart on 6th January. I sent a parcel to Italy with them on Monday. I expect it to be held up for a few days, then the service to return to normal early next month.

https://send.dhlparcel.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I have an incoming from Italy that was meant to be delivered today (UPS), but now the website shows that the watch is still in Germany with no expected delivery day O.o.... regardling VAT - we now have a trade deal don't we? unless I'm missing something:)
    You have missed something, we have a trade deal but have left the Customs Union, hence extra forms and customs declaration etc.

Master
    Hopefully it won't get lost - but I would think it will get delayed - there are warnings from all shippers to expect delays in the coming days until the systems smooth out.

I saw this applies - data may be passed electronically - anyway the buyer is liable for any tax due so you should be OK?... from RM site:

"As you’re sending to an address outside the United Kingdom, you’ll need to add a bit more information about your items. This will appear on the customs documents and may be sent electronically to the customs authority in the destination country."
    The RM customs form had to have a barcode so I am sure information is exchanged electronically. As I tried to say it is a form of test of something of not too high a value and the buyer was aware (as was I) of the potential for customs duties at the receiving end. If I remember, I will update with how it goes!