closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New 2020/2021 Seamaster No Date (210.30.42.20.01.003)

New 2020/2021 Seamaster No Date (210.30.42.20.01.003)

Saw this on another forum and double checked it for myself by creating an Omega account and adding reference 210.30.42.20.01.003 to "my collection". It's real.

I think this will fly. Certainly fixes one of the issues for me, now they just need a less fussy bracelet, a bezel you can grip, the old filled in hands back and the HEV not to be a crown. Perfection if they can manage the other tweaks.

Either way I can't wait to try one on.

.... and get rid of that ghastly fake patina(though I’m sure there will be options in different colours).

Very nice! Wish it was Titanium though.

Master
    Isn't it just a no date version, with fauxtina, of their current Seamaster? like the OP i would like Omega to ditch the HEV, change the skeleton hands to sword type and use the Speedmaster bracelet. I'm ok with the bezel shape!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Saw this on another forum and double checked it for myself by creating an Omega account and adding reference 210.30.42.20.01.003 to "my collection". It's real.

I think this will fly. Certainly fixes one of the issues for me, now they just need a less fussy bracelet, a bezel you can grip, the old filled in hands back and the HEV not to be a crown. Perfection if they can manage the other tweaks.

So you basically want a 2254 then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Looks identical to : O210.30.42.20.01.002- Nekton Edition - but a switch of bezel and second hand. Maybe expect about £5K

So, apart from the Hands, bracelet, helium valve and patina it’s ok then
    ...and it would be better in Titanium !
    ��
    I like the white dialled one on the rubber strap best of all....

I’m not usually an omega man but I really like this one (apart from the bracelet). It will be interesting to see in real life how the colours vary to in the pictures as it’s the matte shades which I like.

This is great - I’m all about the no-date life. I’d be keen to try it on a rubber strap

With night mode on my phone last night I didn't notice the faux patina. Looks like the bond without the branding a bit. Hopefully they bring out a regular one as that's what I thought it was.

Craftsman
    Really like the look of this, be interested to see if it shares the thinner case from the NTTD

Master
    The bracelet design only thing that lets it down for me. In my option it’s always been awful and still is on the modern sea masters.

I love the spec of the current Seamaster, and was really tempted to go for one. With most watches you buy you’ll find something that you’d change if you could, but are willing to overlook. With the SM there are just too many for me though - the HEV is huge and hideous, I’m not keen on the skeleton hands, sword hands would be so much better (although they are at least more legible on the white dial version). And the bracelet, well made as it is, i don’t get it. It has the refined finish of a dress bracelet, but the chunkiness and size of an outright tool bracelet. It’s neither one nor the other.

I think with the prices they are now charging Omega need to up their bracelet game. Not just here, but the AT also springs to mind. The PCLs are an unnecessary frustration and the butterfly clasp with no micros as well? On a 5 grand sports watch? Come on.

...now they just need a less fussy bracelet, a bezel you can grip, the old filled in hands back and the HEV not to be a crown. Perfection if they can manage the other tweaks.
    Really? Only those few issues remain?
    Then you should be looking into another model (or even other brand) maybe?
    Although I agree with you on all points you made.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I read about this last night too. Not sure on the treatment of the bracelet, as if they've taken one that should have polished aspects and just brushed the whole thing, like an aftermarket job. It looks like the hands are gunmetal grey unless I'm mistaken, and I'm not sure if that suits. That said, if the lume colour is less jarring than most fauxtina I'd be interested in seeing how this would look on rubber or a nato. I find the regular version just a bit too blingy and this addresses that admirably.

Ant

Journeyman
    I really like the look of that. It's removed the bits of the Bond version I didn't like and left what I do. Think that one's going on the short list!

Master
    As others have said I really think that the faux patina is the problem with this one. Once you focus on that you can't really look at anything else.

I’m not a fan of ‘fauxtina’ but I’m not sure if I would describe this as such. To me it’s not trying to recreate vintage lume, it’s simply a colour choice which works very well imho. I think we will see more of this lume in other modern watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I’m not a fan of ‘fauxtina’ but I’m not sure if I would describe this as such. To me it’s not trying to recreate vintage lume, it’s simply a colour choice which works very well imho. I think we will see more of this lume in other modern watches.
    I agree. I know this color of lume was developed to mimic the aged Radium/Tritium and thanks to that now people look at these as fake patina.
    But if you forget that for a second you will see this is a rather nice color and goes pretty well with lots of dials and strap options.
    In fact green is much more outlandish in general. We just got used to it.
    How I see the only drawback of the fauxtina is that it’s underperforming normal Super-Luminova like C3.

An anyone post a link to the Omega website, cannot find it anywhere.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    The Tudor Pelagos LHD is another good example of this. The colour of the lume is not quite faux vintage, just toned down to suit the watch. As for the new Seamaster, it's watch I'd love to love but there are just too many quirks (all have been previously mentioned) which mean it's a no from me.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    An anyone post a link to the Omega website, cannot find it anywhere.
    It isn't on the main site. You have to sign in and add the ref to your collection and it magically pops up. No idea of price yet as a result and can't find anything by googling.

I'm no Omega fanboy (I did own the original Co-axial black wave dial bought new here in 2009), but this new model looks no different to me than any of their many SMP releases. I'm probably missing the many nuanced changes however.

It's not "fauxtina", FFS, and it's a lot nicer than some fake mint green.

God, it annoys me.

(I'll go for a lie down now.)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

God, it annoys me.

A nice cold flannel over your forehead too

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

God, it annoys me.

I agree, I think - a lot of people likely to buy the watch, and many new watches, are not familiar with aged Radium/Tritium and so they will buy it because they like the colour, not because it is mimicking patina.

As for the watch itself, it is not really so different from the existing range, so what's not to like (apart from the usual like helium valve, date/no date etc.)

I like it. I'd have to see it in the flesh but I can't imagine choosing it over the current black or white dial variants. If it was a little bit slimmer as per the NTTD then that could sway me. My only real issue with the current 300M is that I wish it was a little slimmer (this is why I haven't gone any where near the Planet Oceans). The no date is not a deal breaker for me. It's discreet enough sat down at 6pm.

Nicest Omega ive seen in a long time. I think of the faux as more of a subtle colour and I for one really like it. I really dont think its trying to look aged. on a Railmaster it would look Faux.. That combine without the date its perfect. Id buy it if Ryan was doing a deal on SC.. ;)

How does the updated case at 42mm wear? I’ve not tried a seamaster since they increased the size of the case.

Like the design, but suspect it’d be too big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    How does the updated case at 42mm wear? I’ve not tried a seamaster since they increased the size of the case.

Like the design, but suspect it’d be too big for me.

I've spent the last 6 years telling myself never to go over 40mm but all that changed when I tried the current Seamaster on. Basically it wears like the 11***** ref maxi cased subs and GMTs. I was wearing my BLNR when I tried the Seamaster on and, if anything, the Omega wears slightly smaller IMO. It's a few mil thicker than my BLNR though and it feels it. Not terrible but I wish it was thinner. My wrists are 7 inches for reference.

Craftsman
    Nice looking watch. I've seen the newer James Bond model similar to this in person, and apart from the weird, fictional character association, it's a really lovely watch.

Would love to see some real-world pics of this compared to the Nekton edition, another cool looking Seamaster. Not bad.

Craftsman
    Wow that’s a beaut

Blog Entries

I guess it will look a bit like this?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    That's 43.5mm so would wear better for me. I tried one on in the store when you or langdalematt were selling one and it was lovely but I was too scared of ceramic in the end.

Master
    That's 43.5mm so would wear better for me. I tried one on in the store when you or langdalematt were selling one and it was lovely but I was too scared of ceramic in the end.
    I think there are a few key differences - case size, case material, lume colour, matt vs polished bezel insert. I too was nervous of ceramic being perceived (by me) as potentially brittle despite the AD telling me it had titanium infused in it for strength (!).

A less shiny, no-date Seamaster like this should be right up many WIS' street.

Ant

Master

It just looks dirty to me. Why can’t they just do the lume in a chalky matt white colour? I might consider buying one then.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by lughugger; 9th December 2020 at 20:23.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I think there are a few key differences - case size, case material, lume colour, matt vs polished bezel insert. I too was nervous of ceramic being perceived (by me) as potentially brittle despite the AD telling me it had titanium infused in it for strength (!).

A less shiny, no-date Seamaster like this should be right up many WIS' street.

Ant
    Ok - more like the one mentioned before. With the obvious change of the Ti blasted bezel and red second hand.

Still researching this and nothing coming up apart from forum chatter like this thread. Some people seem to think it might be a Swiss military issue and won't be for sale to the public. Seems unlikely to me but time will tell.

Ok - more like the one mentioned before. With the obvious change of the Ti blasted bezel and red second hand.

Is this Titanium model?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Is this Titanium model?
    stainless steel case and bracelet - Ti blasted bezel

stainless steel case and bracelet - Ti blasted bezel
    Thanks. Would have loved it in full Ti

Master

Duffer. Sorry!

Master

Duffer. Twice. A thousand apologies!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I like it. Much prefer the Matt dial to the current model’s over-shiny choice. Sword hands from a vintage Seamaster 300, closed back and it’d be perfect in my book.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    I like it. Much prefer the Matt dial to the current model’s over-shiny choice. Sword hands from a vintage Seamaster 300, closed back and it’d be perfect in my book.

Oh and a different style bracelet.....