closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yorkshire Energy - gone bust...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought the new ones were able to go between different providers?
    Yep was advised that the shell ones were gen 11 however I have to submit manual readings. crazy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    With power shop at the moment but it’s just been bought out by eon and will be useless so looking at green and peoples energy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Yep was advised that the shell ones were gen 11 however I have to submit manual readings. crazy

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

What a waste of time and expense…. I love my little reader telling me bills going to be £250 for the month! (Just moved into an old house!)

Master
    Email appeared from YE with the final bill to login and pay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Email appeared from YE with the final bill to login and pay.
    I got one too despite paying Scottish power my final bill 5 weeks ago?!!!

Master
    I only got an email from Scottish Power to say the final bill would be coming soon last week. Have to check who is expecting to be paid :-)

Master
    Paid my YE bill and activated a switch to Avro. Having put my readings into Scottish Power I now realise this was the crappiest time of year for all this to happen as switching now gives you the max hit on winter bills with no summer equalising of the DD. Oh well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I got one too despite paying Scottish power my final bill 5 weeks ago?!!!
    Ended up paying another £175 as they pointed out it was a different period…. Scottish power were buggers though as they stated that I had paid my final bill in January…

£350+ for 6 weeks energy in a modern house???

Feeling the bills in this draughty old place I’ve moved into…. Scary

Master
    Yeah. I've ended up with no DDs until Feb (so that's 2 months missed) plus over the winter months wfh the usage has been high. So my current bill for just over 3 months is bit eek. It is only now I realise, as i said, just how much the summer smoothing has a massive bill effect.

Master
    After waiting for days for someone from SP to contact me - I decided to call USwitch last night - now in the process of moving to SO Energy on a one year fixed deal.

Based on this years usage (coldest winter for a while & WFH for a year) SO Energy are cheaper than the YE plan I was originally on, roll on getting my credit balance from SP.

Heads up prices on variable tarrifs going up 9% next month

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    After waiting for days for someone from SP to contact me - I decided to call USwitch last night - now in the process of moving to SO Energy on a one year fixed deal.

Based on this years usage (coldest winter for a while & WFH for a year) SO Energy are cheaper than the YE plan I was originally on, roll on getting my credit balance from SP.

Heads up prices on variable tarrifs going up 9% next month
    I think you may be in for a shock when you get your SP bill then. You will have had no smoothing of the average price by the summer months so will get the full winter bill as I am.

We’ve just got notified of final bill from YE, thankfully we’ve a healthy credit balance to go to Scottish Power.
    Our most recent bill from SP was high but my wife and I have both been working from home this past year so it’s only to be expected.
    Scottish Power put us on the Energy Exclusive tariff and there’s very little out there with any real savings benefit

Well I got my credit applied to Scottish power… Direct debit is active…. Not had a bill yet from sp.. and it does not let me put in meter readings…. Suppose I best call them !

cheers

matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    We’ve just got notified of final bill from YE, thankfully we’ve a healthy credit balance to go to Scottish Power.
    Our most recent bill from SP was high but my wife and I have both been working from home this past year so it’s only to be expected.
    Scottish Power put us on the Energy Exclusive tariff and there’s very little out there with any real savings benefit
    Pretty much the same here - Final YE bill shows £192 in credit - which will go to Scottish Power.
    However, I immediately switched to Green - so who knows how long before I get my credit refunded ...

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I think you may be in for a shock when you get your SP bill then. You will have had no smoothing of the average price by the summer months so will get the full winter bill as I am.

You were right!

Final bill from Scottish Power -£84 we owe.

YE gave SP £190 credit + £50 goodwill.
    We have paid £252 DD

Four months energy supply - beware your final bill!

That’s on actual figures of usage not estimated.

Craftsman

SP deal ending

Like many, the deal that SP gave us is up at the end of June. I had a quick surf for deals that are cheaper, there are several. Anybody done similar and can offer feedback on new supplier. We need dual fuel plus Econ.7 and preferably green electricity. Thanks

Funny enough was looking tonight - few deals which seem a bit cheaper but not much in it unless you go for a tiny firm (look at the uswitch list but include those you have to contact directly)

Might just go fixed with octopus for a couple of years and see what the market is like then.

Cheers

matt

Blog Entries
    Feeling ripped off...

My switch happened in December & I had a credit balance of £192 with YE.

Scottish Power took over my account & January payment was skipped, with first debit of £93 going out in Feb.

So in theory I had credit with them of approx. £285 - but I owed them 2 months of energy usage - say £185 ish.

In my mind that's about £100 to be refunded... In April I received a refund of £19 !

I know that there is the winter bills effect & no balancing with the lower summer usage...

...but I struggle to believe my energy usage was so high in Jan/Feb (or is the SP tariff so high?)

Anyway I'm with Green now - so SP can sod off.

z

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Feeling ripped off...

My switch happened in December & I had a credit balance of £192 with YE.

Scottish Power took over my account & January payment was skipped, with first debit of £93 going out in Feb.

So in theory I had credit with them of approx. £285 - but I owed them 2 months of energy usage - say £185 ish.

In my mind that's about £100 to be refunded... In April I received a refund of £19 !

I know that there is the winter bills effect & no balancing with the lower summer usage...

...but I struggle to believe my energy usage was so high in Jan/Feb (or is the SP tariff so high?)

Anyway I'm with Green now - so SP can sod off.

z
    Yeah…. I’m pretty sure I got diddled too…. Had to do a final settlement of my account twice which was irritating…. I thought the first settlement was ‘light’ in fairness…

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Also a link with Octopus just went back after a review of my previous supplier and proposed new tariff

share.octopus.energy/shy-gale-437

Thanks Mart - just used this!

Blog Entries
    Just to resurrect this thread - Green also went bump.

I've ended up with Shell - which, hopefully, will not last long... as prices are expected to increase next month.
    ( I'm with look after my bills, but they've not switched me yet)

Today, I got a letter from debt collectors representing Green Energy for my final bill of £126...
    The debt collectors have the name 'Credit Style' ... like debt collecting is stylish these days..?
    I've Googled them - & it seems legit - anyone else similarly contacted ?

Apparently, I have 7 days to settle or I get a CCJ & additional costs.
    What would happen if I were working away / on holiday ?

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just to resurrect this thread - Green also went bump.

I've ended up with Shell - which, hopefully, will not last long... as prices are expected to increase next month.
    ( I'm with look after my bills, but they've not switched me yet)

Today, I got a letter from debt collectors representing Green Energy for my final bill of £126...
    The debt collectors have the name 'Credit Style' ... like debt collecting is stylish these days..?
    I've Googled them - & it seems legit - anyone else similarly contacted ?

Apparently, I have 7 days to settle or I get a CCJ & additional costs.
    What would happen if I were working away / on holiday ?

z
    I received the same letter yesterday, but for charges in 2020 and for an account number that Green closed when I repeatedly told them the MPAN and meter serial numbers are not for my electricity meter.

This debt claim is for that meter which isn't mine. Double check that everything is correct on their claim for yours.

I've contacted Credit Style to note that it isn't my meter they're claiming for. I suspect this may be causing a credit black mark given it's for 2020?
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 18th February 2022 at 18:03.

I was moved to Octopus from Avro, I did a quick check- the fixed tariff would be ~£1000 more than current variable and start before the April rise so I'll risk a pass or visit it again at end of March pre-rise. One thing to note is submitting the readings appears to create instant bill, so need to make sure take a reading just before next price hike. I moved over with ~£300 credit, now down to £21 but still at £89 per month DD- they haven't suggested upping the DD yet and mention smoothing of Winter debit / Summer credit so will see how it goes over the next couple of months...

Meanwhile check your Tv sub /Broadband / Mobile phone bills etc as the CPI + 3.9% hikes are kicking in, just under 10% for youngest mobile bill rise... and for me it the usual house and car insurance merry go round, despite supposed to give best prices for loyal customers the renewal quotes for me says otherwise...