closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yorkshire Energy - gone bust...

Blog Entries
    Yep I transferred to OctopusEnergy 2 years ago very very good. If anyone wants a referral code let me know. I think we both get something.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Finally had an email from the muppets to say my transfer is underway. Literally a month later. Useless tossers.
    Just spent 60 mins on the muppets…. That’ll be £600 for the month please…. Then phone put down on me when I questioned it and they said the bill would be in the post!

I tried to explaining to another section that I was going to be moving out…. And he was going to call me back before 1230

Guess what…

This is likely to be painful and they seem like a shower of poo

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Thanks - Rang bank who will now recover the money. I was surprised to be told that I should beware that the recipient of the money, i.e.: YE could set up another DD against my account as they retain my details! Doubt they would, but worth knowing.
    Just got email from Scot. Power asking me not to cancel DD to YE as it will be used for final bill! Yes, of course, who would leave a DD open for a bust company to avail themselves of ffs? No doubt there is nothing clandestine, but would they do it if the role was reversed?

Craftsman
    My transfer to British Gas is due to happen tomorrow apparently, hopefully i'll get away from these idots as cleanly as possible. Also got an email from SP today saying the switch is underway so could be some tedius phone calls tomorrow.

I'm with Ecotricity as I get 50% off fuel for the car in their network.

Master
    Finally just got an email from Scottish Power with an account number and detail of the "special" tariff. Taking 'king ages to do all this ffs

Master
    Finally just got an email from Scottish Power with an account number and detail of the "special" tariff. Taking 'king ages to do all this ffs
    I am still waiting, cowboys, had a call weeks ago & gave readings all gone quiet since!

Blog Entries
    Same here - 6 December to 19 Jan to switch accounts - same Direct Debit amount - but variable - so I'm offski ASAP

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Same here - 6 December to 19 Jan to switch accounts - same Direct Debit amount - but variable - so I'm offski ASAP

z

YE screwed me proper, got their silly cheap deal from Martins Money site spring last year, then six months in get the we cannot honour the deal as we are a busted flush!

Finally just got an email from Scottish Power with an account number and detail of the "special" tariff.
    I also got the same email today (so also now have an SP account number).

Does this mean that I can now start a transfer elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Does this mean that I can now start a transfer elsewhere?
    Hmmm, judging by today’s email (Final Bill still to be issued by YE), I’m guessing ‘not yet’.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, judging by today’s email (Final Bill still to be issued by YE), I’m guessing ‘not yet’.
    I wonder if they’re dragging their heals for that reason?

I’ve been moved out for 10 days and was promised a final bill shortly! It’ll be a mess I bargain…

Master
    Who’s everyone moving to?
    Best price or service?

Craftsman
    Took a lot of hounding but I managed to transfer to British Gas, it was initially rejected by Scottish Power because they had no "start readings" (readings I had given them on the 8th of December).

But yes you should be able to transfer now.

Master
    Latest email is my account has been set up etc etc. So I assume I can now start the move process

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitinheadlights View Post
    Yep I transferred to OctopusEnergy 2 years ago very very good. If anyone wants a referral code let me know. I think we both get something.

Are you still happy with OctopusEnergy ?

Master
    Interestingly switching my supplier now to Scottish Power on the Exclusive Energy tariff on the MSE Cheap Energy club doesn't show that big a savings at other suppliers. Also maybe cheaper than I was on with YE anyway. So whilst a savings is a saving it does not seem I will be too much over the odds at present.

Craftsman
    Interestingly switching my supplier now to Scottish Power on the Exclusive Energy tariff on the MSE Cheap Energy club doesn't show that big a savings at other suppliers. Also maybe cheaper than I was on with YE anyway. So whilst a savings is a saving it does not seem I will be too much over the odds at present.
    Strangely, I'm also finding that the deal is quite good (we have eco. 7) can't see any real point in moving yet - time will tell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ALindsay View Post
    Strangely, I'm also finding that the deal is quite good (we have eco. 7) can't see any real point in moving yet - time will tell.
    Their customer service rating is shockingly bad though and a saving for no real effort makes sense. Plus the amount of time they have taken with this pisses me off enough to want to dump them. I put the various rates into my own xls and whilst gas would be cheaper the electricity in all cases is now more than YE. So over all I am losing out. Just maybe not by as much as I feared. But that is common across all tariffs now annoyingly.

Craftsman
    I’m with Octopus and happy - they have a referral scheme (£50 each), if anybody is interested let me know and I’ll send you the link and the fundraiser £25

I'm with Bulb and I am hapy. They have a similar deal of £50 each. If you want to PM me I will give you my code. I will put the money that I get into the fundraiser.

Latest email is my account has been set up etc etc. So I assume I can now start the move process

I started my transfer process last night. The best deal that I could find was with GOTO Energy.

Unfortunately, being the depths of a cold(ish) winter, energy prices are high everywhere so there isn't much of a saving to be made. I'll have another look at moving in the Spring/Summer.

Blog Entries
    Final bill from Scottish Power after moving out was £120 less than I had calculated! Result - paid and I’m out!

Now with Bulb - all set up and having smart meters fitted next Tuesday (the new not stupid sort!)

Will eventually switch - always used the Martin Lewis thing

Anyone come across anything better? I want an app that just does it automatically without me getting involved!

Master
    i switched to British Gas and as a new customer you get a years home cover free!! not bad IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Now with Bulb
    Bulb were actually more expensive than SP for me.

I presume a lot depends on where in the country that we are.

Blog Entries
    Bulb were actually more expensive than SP for me.

I presume a lot depends on where in the country that we are.
    Didn’t have a choice…. Just switched from previous house owner…

Thought I’d keep them on whist I’m having my smart meters fitted

Well have now moved to SP - that took forever - surely this is on computers - it should be instant not 8 weeks later....

Anyhow - waiting on the final bill from YE - and I dont think SP has taken any money yet so should be interesting...

I will do some research once I know I am all sorted.. but a quick peak at the current prices actually does not sit SP that bad at the moment.

Cheers

Matt

Blog Entries
    Turns out the SP deal isn't as bad as I thought

On hearing of the demise of YE I signed up to Look After My Bills & they've emailed me to say :

We compared the energy market today, in search of a better deal to switch you to.

Good news, you are still on a great deal so we’re not able to find an energy deal that's worth switching you to.

You don't need to do anything - we’ll always be here to reassess the market again each month and re-crunch the numbers.

Better deals are always on the horizon so as soon as a great new deal comes along, we’ll start switching you as soon as possible!

For now, you can relax. You're not missing out on any big savings, or we'd be switching you!
    z

Master
    Turns out the SP deal isn't as bad as I thought

On hearing of the demise of YE I signed up to Look After My Bills & they've emailed me to say :

z

Worth knowing, my details of account have just gone through.

Two more suppliers gone bust this weekend.

Usual nonsense from OFGEN, I’d like to know when the regulator is going to prevent such collapses rather than offload the failed customers to poor deals elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Two more suppliers gone bust this weekend.

Usual nonsense from OFGEN, I’d like to know when the regulator is going to prevent such collapses rather than offload the failed customers to poor deals elsewhere.

I've just switch to Green Energy who've promptly gone bust.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    I've just switch to Green Energy who've promptly gone bust.
    That's interesting - as today I received this update from Look After My Billls...

Fantastic news !

We have just secured a limited time only exclusive 12-month fixed deal just for you!

And you’ll be saving £52 over the next year.

We’ll be switching you to one of our favouriteenergy suppliers, Green, and you'll be moved onto their Mayertariff.

Green are an innovative supplier with great deals and excellent customer service. They have an almost perfect 4.6/5 score on Trust Pilot and provide an industry leading service.

We’ll kick off your switch in the next few days, and send you all the important details.

This might be a short contract ?

z

That's interesting - as today I received this update from Look After My Billls...

Fantastic news !

We have just secured a limited time only exclusive 12-month fixed deal just for you!

And you’ll be saving £52 over the next year.

We’ll be switching you to one of our favouriteenergy suppliers, Green, and you'll be moved onto their Mayertariff.

Green are an innovative supplier with great deals and excellent customer service. They have an almost perfect 4.6/5 score on Trust Pilot and provide an industry leading service.

We’ll kick off your switch in the next few days, and send you all the important details.

This might be a short contract ?

z

I'm told EDF are taking over my supply.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jools View Post
    I'm told EDF are taking over my supply.
    It seems EDF are maintaining GNE’s deal until September?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    It seems EDF are maintaining GNE’s deal until September?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I haven't had any details but that would be a good result.

Green network Energy gone too
    Last edited by langdalematt; 8th February 2021 at 10:36.

Blog Entries
    I think I'm switching to https://www.greenenergyuk.com/ - not GNE

z

Blog Entries
    I have just had a smart meter fitted and it looks like I’m going to be paying around £180 a month with Bulb on vari fare for gas and ele…. All at home so heating and various electrical items being used

Just did a quick search and nobody apppears to be offering any saving v Bulb which seems odd? Are they the cheapest out there?
    Last edited by Wolfie; 8th February 2021 at 20:33.

I switched to Neon Reef couple months back, they just did a single tarrif. very smooth process and rates were very good. Around 12.5p standing and 13p kwh. Hopefully they will stay afloat!

Craftsman
    On avro. Great website and decent price

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Yorkshire Energy - gone bust...

We had a final account statement from YE last week. It showed £32 credit and invited us to top up our account if we want to Will wait and see how SP account takes care of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by T1ckT0ck View Post
    I switched to Neon Reef couple months back,
    Thanks for the tip on Neon Reef.

I ended up cancelling my transfer to GoTo because the rate that they wanted to put me on was higher than the rate that they were advertising. There would have been minimal, if any, saving from Scottish Power.

However, the NR rate for electricity is much cheaper than SP so I’ve now split my electricity and gas. Thanks again.

(However, I wouldn’t be surprised if NR soon go the way of YE).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by southerner101 View Post
    i switched to British Gas and as a new customer you get a years home cover free!! not bad IMO
    If it's Homecare it's pretty much worthless. They aren't doing any service work and breakdown call outs are limited to 'vulnerable' people only. They tell you it's due to Covid but their engineers keep going on strike due to the 'fire and rehire' tactics of their new management!

We're now with People's Energy for our gas and electric supply and they seem pretty good so far. After recent experiences with British Gas I'll never pay them another penny.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Thanks for the tip on Neon Reef.

I ended up cancelling my transfer to GoTo because the rate that they wanted to put me on was higher than the rate that they were advertising. There would have been minimal, if any, saving from Scottish Power.

However, the NR rate for electricity is much cheaper than SP so I’ve now split my electricity and gas. Thanks again.

(However, I wouldn’t be surprised if NR soon go the way of YE).
    No problem, glad it helped, i did have a referral code for £25 each but forgot ! Their rates are good... maybe too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I have just had a smart meter fitted and it looks like I’m going to be paying around £180 a month with Bulb on vari fare for gas and ele…. All at home so heating and various electrical items being used

Just did a quick search and nobody apppears to be offering any saving v Bulb which seems odd? Are they the cheapest out there?
    Smart meters are a nightmare. Our 2018 new build had British Gas Smart meters fitted. I switched energy supply to Shell. The came took out the BG Smart meters and fitted their own. I’ve since changed to EON and they can’t get readings from the Shell meters ?

OctopusEnergy for me. They seem really good at customer service and they have some decent plans.

When extra energy went under my account went to Scottish Power. Worst experience ever. Never did recover the credit balance owed by extra energy, the regulator is a waste of time as well. Took me 8 months to get away from them in the end.

If you fancy OctopusEnergy you can save us both £50:

share.octopus.energy/wheat-cub-979

used your referral. hope thats ok

Thanks Graham, £50 of free energy for the both of us!

Blog Entries
    Also a link with Octopus just went back after a review of my previous supplier and proposed new tariff

share.octopus.energy/shy-gale-437
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Thanks Graham, £50 of free energy for the both of us!

Switch date is 7th of March. So should drop sometime after that. Thanks again for the link.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    Smart meters are a nightmare. Our 2018 new build had British Gas Smart meters fitted. I switched energy supply to Shell. The came took out the BG Smart meters and fitted their own. I’ve since changed to EON and they can’t get readings from the Shell meters ?

I thought the new ones were able to go between different providers?