closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CRAGHOPPERS

Master

CRAGHOPPERS

Having switched jobs recently from taxi driving to parcel delivery I needed to kit myself out with some warm waterproof winter gear and in my search I discovered. Craghoppers.
    I’ve bought some of their Aquadry insulted trousers and their Pember jacket which I didn’t realise until it arrived, that it is a -20°C rated jacket.
    Having worn them for a bit, I have to ask, why would you spend more. I admit I haven’t had them long so I can’t comment on the durability of them but as for keeping you warm and dry, they are superb.
    Anyone else on here have any experience with them?
    Last edited by jaytip; 6th December 2020 at 18:07.

Master
    I have quite a lot of Craghopper trousers and fleeces. Great winter gear.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Regularly reduced and those prices very good for basic wear. The zip neck jumpers are warmer than the zip neck black fleece/microfibre
    Last edited by Suds; 6th December 2020 at 18:11.

My Craghoppers insulated walking trousers (plus Le Tricoteur and thick socks) have allowed me to continue my heating-free record in my 2nd home (work pad) this year (now 10 years since I bought it), despite spending many more hours there (stationary at a PC) given WFH. I'm a big fan - they've definitely paid for themselves over the years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wife has a couple of pairs for dog walking,tough as old boots.

Master
    Owned by Regatta if memory serves me

Grand Master
    Basically all I wear these days. Fogey trousers my godchildren call them! The fleece lined winter ones only come out when it’s about minus 20 though or they cook you alive
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    My Craghoppers insulated walking trousers (plus Le Tricoteur and thick socks) have allowed me to continue my heating-free record in my 2nd home (work pad) this year (now 10 years since I bought it), despite spending many more hours there (stationary at a PC) given WFH. I'm a big fan - they've definitely paid for themselves over the years.
    F'ck me, 10 Rolex' and you're sitting there with no heating on?

I wore the standard Craghoppers trousers for years. They are great for cycle touring as they dry out quickly if they get wet. With the climate as it is this far north, I needed something more robust/thicker so I now wear 5.11 trousers. I am too old to care about fashion, and I don't have to dress up for work. Craghoppers are fine enough but I would recommend that people check their sizing charts. I have recently thrown away their shirts, which were a Large and fitted me perfectly. Now their size chart tells me that I am a 2XL. Their jackets are OK, but I have recently bought a Sprayway Torridon, and it is in a different league (and a different price bracket admittedly).

Just last week bought a Craghoppers Bishorn Parka at the Go Outdoors near me. It was down to £128 which is ridiculous price. It is really well made and has that many pockets inside and out it is like a fully fledged organiser. It has six or seven in the inside alone. As someone who spends at least four hours a day outside with the dogs I usually spend a lot of money on outdoor coats and layers and have Mountain Equipment, Paramo, Fortis and Rab. This is up there with some of those for a fraction of the price.

I have had a few pairs of insulted trousers , a long time ago mind. My more recent ones don't seem to attract unpleasant comments ....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    You’re thinking about this the wrong way...

Ive just switched the heating off :-)

I think Craghoppers equipment is quietly understated, very competent and excellent value for money.

Lifetime guarantee as well iirc

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    (o; Rolex and cold, I enjoy both.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    ... I've just switched the heating off :-)
    Hah! Worth it if you survive the winter, you might have saved enough to cover the Jan price rise (for when you get "ze call").

Master
    I always had their Zip off trousers when I used to do a lot more walking they were good value for money

CRAGHOPPERS

Unlike others on here I’m not impressed, bought a few items in sale earlier this year:-

Rain jacket is just poorly designed. Incredibly narrow cuffs, (if my watch is outside have to remove to take off jacket). Hood is just too small and barely covers head. The mesh liner is a glaring white - not obvious from picture and not ideal for walking in countryside. Should have returned TBH but I’ll keep in car for emergencies.

Smartish grey shorts have strangely faded to a brownish colour in the knee areas, not expected after few months (not crawling about in them either). Fabric is an unpleasant rustly(?) material.

Quality not what it was years ago and says a lot that there are perpetual sales and many items are specially bought in purchases just for these.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 7th December 2020 at 09:32.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    (o; Rolex and cold, I enjoy both.

Hah! Worth it if you survive the winter, you might have saved enough to cover the Jan price rise (for when you get "ze call").
    fairy nuff - you have got your priorities right

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wear pairs that are over 10 years old, practical for what they are

Agree they are rustly but much of my outdoors kit is

When I was hillwalking I found the lack of 'stretch' awkward when scrambling - prevented me lifting my leg as high as I wanted to - but for general wear, tear and walking, I find them durable and dry quickly.