closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Glycine Incursore hand wind love

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    13,224

    Glycine Incursore hand wind love

    I have a lot of love for these, so much i now own both these variants! i find them comfortable, accurate, nicely decorated and get noticed more on the wrist than most others. i might have found my forever watches.





    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  2. #2
    Great and understated (IMO) watches. Mines been getting some wrist time of late.

    Fish

  3. #3
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    75

    Pandas...

    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I have a lot of love for these, so much i now own both these variants! i find them comfortable, accurate, nicely decorated and get noticed more on the wrist than most others. i might have found my forever watches.
    Lovely. How accurate are they? (I have a Glycine Combat Sub that keeps excellent time!)

  4. #4
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,887
    Easy to read too, a worthwhile advantage as you get older.

    If the movement’s in decent condition and not needing service I’d expect these to keep time to within a few secs/ day if regulated carefully. I always wind hand- winders in the morning and evening to ensure the watch us always running in a high state of wind, this should keep the amplitude high enough to give consistent performance.

  5. #5
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    13,224
    Quote Originally Posted by davidzet View Post
    Lovely. How accurate are they? (I have a Glycine Combat Sub that keeps excellent time!)
    set them both sat am and as you can see they have both kept excellent time over the last 24 hours.
    i have owned the black dial for a while - the silver is new to me - and it usually keeps to bout 5 secs a week if wound daily. power reserve seems to be about 48 hours but i've never timed it fully. part of the reason i love these is the movement is apparently a doddle to service too.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,242
    Nice looking watches, I haven't seen these before. Dreadful name though, sounds like a cold sore cream.

  7. #7
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    13,224
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    Nice looking watches, I haven't seen these before. Dreadful name though, sounds like a cold sore cream.
    means intruder in italian apparently.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    means intruder in italian apparently.
    That explains it then. Is that the original strap on the PVD version?

  9. #9
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,887
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    part of the reason i love these is the movement is apparently a doddle to service too.
    They’re easy because the parts are big! A bit like working on pocket watches, it makes life easier. Apart from the odd broken mainspring they’re bombproof too.

  10. #10
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    hull
    Posts
    13,224
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    That explains it then. Is that the original strap on the PVD version?
    no, although similar. i tend to fit aftermarket straps so i don't wreck them.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!



  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    cheshire
    Posts
    1,242
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    no, although similar. i tend to fit aftermarket straps so i don't wreck them.
    AHH ok. Just realised they are both PVD, my eyes must be getting worse. They look great though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information