closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Explorer availability

Explorer availability

Morning.

Does anyone know, or has anyone seen an Explorer in an AD recently? My dad is looking to buy my mum one and is struggling.

It would ideally be new.

Thanks
    Adam.

I haven’t, but some “explorer dial” options in the OP36 might be more readily had?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    I haven’t, but some “explorer dial” options in the OP36 might be more readily had?
    I tried finding one earlier in the year and no joy and now that 116000-0002 has been discontinued even trickier. They do seem to be available secondhand at slightly less than RRP, but the OP was looking for new.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Entirely a personal preference but would also have thought 36mm was
    more suited to the delicate wrist of a laydee.

Master
    If it’s for Christmas, sadly I would suspect no chance.

Beyond that, from what I’ve read, you should have a chance with a wait of a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyadam View Post
    Morning.

Does anyone know, or has anyone seen an Explorer in an AD recently? My dad is looking to buy my mum one and is struggling.

It would ideally be new.

Thanks
    Adam.

Master
    I would say that there is a fair wait time for pretty much all Rolex watches now. Watches of Switzerland are all expecting potential customers to go into store and 'register their interest'

It does seem pretty much down to luck. I managed to phone around and get one in the summer, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

Good luck

Craftsman
    I got one back in July in London with a one week wait and no prior sales history. Since OP 39 has been discontinued it seems the Explorer appears harder to come by. I think Watches of Switzerland is actually a good bet. A mate of mine got a new no date sub from them with no prior sales history just before lockdown 2. He waited 3 weeks!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    A mate of mine got a new no date sub from them with no prior sales history just before lockdown 2. He waited 3 weeks!!
    Can’t get my head round this. Surely that AD had lots of interest from existing customers?!

Beginning to wonder if my AD is just “yanking my chain”. Was (again - third or fourth year running) quick off the mark and this time for what was likely to be relatively unloved model. Pre-Christmas was suggested and, so far, not a peep.
    Last edited by David_D; 5th December 2020 at 15:57.

Craftsman
    All ADs are not alike. I saw this video yesterday. It’s long winded but gets to the point eventually.

https://youtu.be/msUKGl80pxA

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    All ADs are not alike. I saw this video yesterday. It’s long winded but gets to the point eventually.

https://youtu.be/msUKGl80pxA

That is a different angle, to be fair. Always assumed it was more difficult to get a watch from the likes of Watches of Switzerland than from a smaller AD - and, indeed, that a "relationship" with a smaller AD was likely to be more productive given the turnover of staff at larger ADs. Seems that might be wrong.

Not sure there is (yet, at least) the slightest evidence of the economic impact of Covid hitting demand as he suggests. Been said elsewhere that a combination of people not spending money on other things (holidays, cars, eating out, etc.) plus people claiming (legally and otherwise) taxpayer support has possibly increased demand.

The airport dealer comment might have some merit.

The most remarkable thing is that the 126711CHNR is sought after!