closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You know you’re getting older when.....

Blog Entries
    ... when your oldest and his girlfriend send you a video while driving through Paris, around the AdT, up and down the Champs (he drove, she filmed it) while you're at home thinking; "Not in a million years!"

I did it once round the Arc de Triomphe... scary, every man for himself. Rather do the M25 😐

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I did it once round the Arc de Triomphe... scary, every man for himself. Rather do the M25 
    Well, it's not my car. They're in her mum's pretty expensive Mercedes. I would have gone mad when they'd done that tour in my car!

Master
    Reminds me of 1988. I was Inter-Railing around Europe. We decided to visit the AdT when in Paris. I had no idea there was an underpass to reach it on foot. I took my chances by running across, while wearing my big rucksack. I remember the quizzical looks on the drivers faces as we avoided each other...

We used the underpass when we left.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

I drove around it during Friday rush hour in the early nineties. It would have been terrifying but I was in a Cortina I'd paid eighty quid for, so great fun!

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Mid 80s, early 90s: a mate of mine and his family had a house in the northern part of the Netherlands. He had a job in... Bourges! 894 km (little over 500 miles) single trip. And with Paris (rush hour) as part of the trip... Bourges is more or less in the center of France. He drove every Friday afternoon & evening from Bourges to the Dutch town of Groningen, every Sunday afternoon & evening south again. Driving a Citroen CX Diesel with Dutch plates. After a year, they moved to Bourges and the first thing he did, was replacing his Dutch plates for French plates! "Less aggressive attitude towards me from other drivers!" was the first thing he noticed.

Back on topic: no way I would do this sort of trips on a weekly basis anymore.
    Last edited by thieuster; 4th August 2021 at 21:34.

You know you are getting older when one of your customers communicate primarily by Watsapp and just sent a message that says 'Thanks Bro' and it feels weird.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    ..... when you wear a waistcoat with your jeans................ and have a pocket watch and chain! Don't ask me how I know this!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    The glasses you wear for distance vision screw your close up vision so reading anything on a mobile is a fiasco of glasses up glasses down glasses up glasses down.
    Update,
    VARIFOCALS.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    You daren’t start watching a film after 9pm as you know you will not be seeing the end before you go to bed.
    Yes!! Or you search for a 90 mins film only.

Update,
    VARIFOCALS.
    Ouch. Old.

You appreciate a high quality boiled potato.
    Hated them as a kid, but a perfectly cooked one with a smooth slightly waxy texture is a culinary delight.
    I now look forward to Jersey royals coming into season.

It takes 2 days to recover from a hangover and you say to yourself it’s really not worth the suffering anymore

When you send a young lady office colleague a Valentine's card anonymously ... without signing it ... but with a special personal message ... and the lady is overheard discussing with her friends who might have sent it ... and none of those mentioned is you.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Master
    When your nearly 17 daughter sends you a video of her as a baby with you on it and you think you look young on it.

When you don't realise that the workplace has changed so much over the past couple of decades that sending a young lady in the office a valentines card is quite likely to result in accusations of sexual harassment and being labelled a old pervert - however innocent the original intentions were!

(Be very careful!)

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    When you don't realise that the workplace has changed so much over the past couple of decades that sending a young lady in the office a valentines card is quite likely to result in accusations of sexual harassment and being labelled a old pervert - however innocent the original intentions were!

(Be very careful!)

When you have to resort to taking the piss out of another forum member's post ...
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    When you have to resort to taking the piss out of another forum member's post ...
    Easy chap, no offence intended, it was meant in jest within the spirit of the thread.

Besides, extracting the urine is not age related.

(Very happy to delete my post if I have offended you in any way, which was certainly not intentional).
    Last edited by Maysie; 23rd August 2021 at 17:07.

...you're out for a walk about ten miles from where you stay & a passerby says hello to you & calls you by a very specific workplace nickname last used about thirty years ago.

You've no idea who he is & you've spent the last four hours racking your brains to identify him.

I just can't place his aged face within the workplace group (well over 100 staff, TBF) to help me recall his name.

I hope it's not the onset of prosopagnosia!
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    ... you go round and round in circles searching for something, find lots of other things that were lost and eventually wonder why you were looking for what you eventually found! Yes! Really!

... you start a daily regime of physical stretches that reinforce how much mobility you've lost, and wish you'd started a few decades previous. Last touched my toes in the 80s

I had a phone call yesterday from Kitchen Express, confirming my appointment.

"I don't have an appointment", I said.

"Wednesday at 11:55, for your eye test?"

Oh, do you do hearing tests as well?

Master
    ...you can no longer trust a fart.

...you never waste an erection, even if on your own.

Both shamelessly taken from Billy Connolly

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Hocuspocus; 24th August 2021 at 21:35.

...you can't pick up your "fallen over" motorbike, and even struggle with the help of the other half. Time for a sidecar perhaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    ...you can't pick up your "fallen over" motorbike, and even struggle with the help of the other half. Time for a sidecar perhaps!
    Technique

https://youtu.be/sT4FmCSx0lw

Impressed. Exactly the same bike, same technique. Mine was in the wet, but I am obviously not as strong as her!

Master
    Update,
    VARIFOCALS.
    I’m with you then as I was advised to get them last week! I’d never heard of them before.

Update,
    VARIFOCALS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I’m with you then as I was advised to get them last week! I’d never heard of them before.
    I think they'll be recommended to me today, when I have my eye test at Kitchen Vision Express.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

I'm old but I learnt to stand above it, put my foot on the bottom of the front wheel and pull it up, that way you get some leverage and your body weight . still works, my daughters partner's GXR750 fell off its side stand (silly sod pointed it downhill) I picked it up like that

When you have to fit a ball lifter to the end of your golf putter!

Master
    Blog Entries
    You try to post a witty reply only for it to melt away in your memory before the reply box opens up

When people don't laugh any more when you fall over.

You ride for an hour feeling like your legs are made of lead…

Then realise your rear brakes were binding the whole time, after you adjusted them the day before.

First my knees ached, but lost weight and better but not perfect. Now I have rotator cuff problems and to top it all off, I woke up yesterday morning to go to the loo which was fine, then suddenly walking back to bed, I got a sharp pain in my right big toe. Thought it would go, and it eased during the day, only for me to be woken up in sharp pain at 4:00 this morning. Two doctors who checked have confirmed gout. I hate getting older.

Master
    when you ask permission before buying a new car, watch, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    When people don't laugh any more when you fall over.
    Great observation! I took my kids to a skatepark and having been a regular as a teenager, took one of their skateboards to show off... Made a complete prat of myself with an immediate crash, at which my kids were terrified. Since learning that I wasn't seriously injured they haven't stopped laughing (it's only been 6 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    First my knees ached, but lost weight and better but not perfect. Now I have rotator cuff problems and to top it all off, I woke up yesterday morning to go to the loo which was fine, then suddenly walking back to bed, I got a sharp pain in my right big toe. Thought it would go, and it eased during the day, only for me to be woken up in sharp pain at 4:00 this morning. Two doctors who checked have confirmed gout. I hate getting older.
    If it makes you feel any better, gout can strike at an earlyish age - I was in my early 40s

Thanks mate. Yes I turned 46 in July.

Having to scroll further down and down to find your birth year. Wondering why everything in the kitchen beeps