closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Langley HWDC

Langley HWDC

I have a parcel thats now been stuck there over a month. It took days to arrive in the UK then it seems hours for Royal Mail to wash their hands of it. I have contacted RM and their answer (When they bother to reply as their telephone number is an answer machine that does its best to divert you to an answer you didnt ask) Was essentially HWDC is nothing to do with RM so you just have to wait until its handed over to them. Looking on the internet it seems the place is a large black hole where parcels go and never return.

This is the first time its happened with a parcel from abroad the level of customer service from RM is frankly shocking and the be all blame COVID is just frankly crass.

Anyone had any experience with HWDC and how to actually speak to someone there?

Any update on this ?

Did you receive your parcel eventually ?

I've currently got one that's evidently stuck in the black hole. It's coming from eBay Italy, but VAT was charged (and paid) at checkout.
    On the Royal Fail tracking system, they triumphantly announce:

We've got it.
    This item has been received at LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom. More information will be available as it travels through our UK network.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    .... the level of customer service from RM is frankly shocking and the be all blame COVID is just frankly crass.
    Oh - and they're still using the same b/s excuse:

We're working hard to meet our usual delivery aims. If we can’t – because of the continued effects of Coronavirus on our people and ways of working – we’ll deliver as soon as possible. For UK items a further update will be provided when it reaches your local delivery office. For awareness, you may get two deliveries in one day. Sorry for any inconvenience. Find out more about services in your area, the UK and other countries.
    Last edited by Seiko7A38; 4th March 2021 at 10:44.

I Had similar recently, it was a xmas present for my father, ordered October, it had still not arrived last month, eventually I just got the seller to refund me.
    I presume one of the post men is wearing a new jumper currently

Perhaps I was just being impatient ....

Maybe my concerns were due to having read some of the horror stories, but ....

I'm pleased to announce that my overdue 'missing' packet from eBay Italy landed on the doormat this morning.

Weirdly, I'd checked the tracking history again, yesterday evening and noticed Langley HWDC had just allegedly received it a second time.

Last edited by Seiko7A38; 5th March 2021 at 11:18.

FYI "Langley HWDC" is the port where most international mail enters the country (and most post to international destinations leaves). "HWDC" stands for Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre.

And of course has absolutely no connection to Royal Mail whatsoever (not) ....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathr...ibution_Centre

Last edited by Seiko7A38; 5th March 2021 at 14:46.

Master
    I posted an item to Luxembourg on the 5th Feb. Tracking shows it went to HWDC then Feltham delivery office where it was refused by the recipient on the 18th (???), then arrived at 'Langley HWDC Belfast NI' where it has sat since last Saturday. It never left the UK so how was it refused by the recipient in Luxembourg?

So I called them and got a recorded message directing me to the website or wait for the following options, which was another recorded message directing me to the website or wait for the following options. After the fifth or sixth option was selected it was check the website and thank you for your call, goodbye. Impossible to speak to a real person and I've no idea what's going on with the parcel.

I've never had a problem with RM up to now but this is a shambles.