closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT premium Ceramic - Any owners?

Blog Entries

Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT premium Ceramic - Any owners?

I've had three Steinharts in the past, a Nav B Chrono II and a couple of black DLC special editions, both with their black ceramic bezel. I always found these to be too reflective though which, in many lights made them difficult to read. However, the Premium Ceramic looks to be a cut above in this regard and I wondered what owners' views were of them. I've not owned a titanium watch before either so that is also quite enticing. The other question I have is about the bracelet on this model - are the links screws or pins?

Any help from those that have experienced this model would be appreciated.

Last edited by BSB; 4th December 2020 at 13:49.

Links are screws

Watch is great - really great value and well put together. Bezel action great and the titanium has a nice appearance.

I am a Steinhart fan however I will say this..... the titanium bracelet was something I couldn’t live with. Only reason I fit rid of the watch. The titanium colour of the bracelet doesn’t match the titanium colour of the case, and the clasp seems to be of a different material again. Wear it on leather or rubber and enjoy it - or pass on it is my advice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Links are screws

Watch is great - really great value and well put together. Bezel action great and the titanium has a nice appearance.

I am a Steinhart fan however I will say this..... the titanium bracelet was something I couldn’t live with. Only reason I fit rid of the watch. The titanium colour of the bracelet doesn’t match the titanium colour of the case, and the clasp seems to be of a different material again. Wear it on leather or rubber and enjoy it - or pass on it is my advice
    Many thanks for the feedback. I'd almost ordered one an hour ago or so. Will keep thinking about it. Cheers.

Steinhart Ocean One Titanium 500 GMT premium Ceramic - Any owners?

Google reviews of it - the bracelet may not annoy you. As I say it’s a great watch so maybe the annoyances were purely my own gripes. Ymmv

Master
    I owned one for a while and there was a lot to like about it and while the titanium made it very comfortable to wear I didn't like the grey shade of the metal. Never felt it looked right while wearing it and more my ocean one (black face and bezel) much more so sold the GMT.
    My bracelet seemed roughly the same colour as the case or at least I didn't notice it as an issue like a lot of people did.
    Bracelet has screw links.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/_kWXLZAaJWs

⬆️ there’s a link there to a Random Rob review of the watch, well more of an overview really. He’s a bit of a dullard but it covers the main points. There’s an Urban Gentry review also but that’s a longer watch.

I’ve sometimes thought I might fancy the 39mm version of this, which comes in SS rather than titanium. I think the overall package - a Swiss GMT, ceramic lumed bezel, Steinhart build quality, really nice aesthetic - at less than £600 it’s a lot of watch for the money and it’s a bonus that it’s more of their own design than a straight up homage. Also, 300m WR, sapphire, ceramic, GMT - great traveling/adventure watch.

I agree with RR in his vid that it would be better for the bezel to be bi-directional rather than uni. I also think this watch would look great on the Steinhart jubilee which is another thing that would tempt me toward the stainless steel version.

Let us know what you decide!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the subsequent replies. I've just spent a lot of time looking through many posts on a Facebook Steinhart forum and I'm starting to think I might give it a go. I'll take a look at the reviews you've kindly posted too.

I’m now trying to talk myself out of going for the SS version!😂

Master
    Last year I decided I wanted a GMT for holidays and initially thought I would go for the steel 39mm premium ceramic. I did however want to try in on for size before I bought and managed to do so at the Gnomon shop. Even though I have a Longines HC 39mm diver, as soon as I put the same size Steinhart on it really was too small, and I have 6 3/4" wrists. The the 42mm watch actually looked ok so the deal was done (Mrs Beanie walked out with a 39mm ocean with pink dial so everyone was happy).
    Until someone on here mentioned it, I was not conscious that the bracelet (which as had been said does use screws) was a different shade and had to look closely to confirm that it is indeed slightly different. I will say that it's dependant on the lighting as to how noticeable it is. I'm not sure if it's different graining of the brushed finish and quite frankly I can live with it.
    I find the watch to be very comfortable as it's so light, despite being a bit of a chunky monkey, and it fills the GMT slot in the watch box nicely. As a holiday watch it's not too dear, doesn't look like a Pepsi wanna-be and I won't be heart broken if I mark it. So it's a thumbs up from me.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your replies. I have now also watched the helpful reviews. Watch is ordered, thank you.

Let us know your thoughts on it when it lands

Blog Entries
    Let us know your thoughts on it when it lands
    I will do. I ordered it through Neil at Chronomaster who indicated it will be posted Monday.

Master
    May I ask a question? Where do you send your Steinhart’s for servicing?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    May I ask a question? Where do you send your Steinhart’s for servicing?
    Mine went back to Steinhart. Easy enough process posted there and back with Fedex

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Last year I decided I wanted a GMT for holidays and initially thought I would go for the steel 39mm premium ceramic. I did however want to try in on for size before I bought and managed to do so at the Gnomon shop. Even though I have a Longines HC 39mm diver, as soon as I put the same size Steinhart on it really was too small, and I have 6 3/4" wrists. The the 42mm watch actually looked ok so the deal was done (Mrs Beanie walked out with a 39mm ocean with pink dial so everyone was happy).
    This is one thing that has delayed me buying a 39mm Steinhart. I think 38/39 is a perfect size for a watch with a thin, fixed bezel, I have a 38.5mm Sinn 556i and it’s ideal. But when a watch is 39 and has a sizable rotating bezel the dial has to be smaller, and it gives an overall optical illusion of the watch being dainty. I’ve literally just had this issue with a Zelos 39mm 12 hour bezel watch and flipped it for that reason (mostly). It looked dainty compared to my Sinn, even though it was technically a fraction bigger. Another issue with Steinhart is to can’t just go and try one on to find out for sure.
    Last edited by davidj54; 5th December 2020 at 15:20.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    Mine went back to Steinhart. Easy enough process posted there and back with Fedex

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    This is one thing that has delayed me buying a 39mm Steinhart. I think 38/39 is a perfect size for a watch with a thin, fixed bezel, I have a 38.5mm Sinn 556i and it’s ideal. But when a watch is 39 and has a sizable rotating bezel the dial has to be smaller, and it gives an overall optical illusion of the watch being dainty. I’ve literally just had this issue with a Zelos 39mm 12 hour bezel watch and flipped it for that reason (mostly). It looked dainty compared to my Sinn, even though it was technically a fraction bigger. Another issue with Steinhart is to can’t just go and try one on to find out for sure.
    I agree with this 100%. The ocean39s with rotating bezel felt too small for me but the fixed bezel on this feels perfect size despite also being 39mm

I agree with this 100%. The ocean39s with rotating bezel felt too small for me but the fixed bezel on this feels perfect size despite also being 39mm
    That looks fantastic. I’d be really tempted by one of these in 39 (had it in 42 previously) if they became a regular stock item.

Blog Entries
    That looks fantastic. I’d be really tempted by one of these in 39 (had it in 42 previously) if they became a regular stock item.
    If a Steinhart isn't available from Steinhart, it might also be worth checking with Chronomaster. Was surprised to find the watch I wanted was actually cheaper there too.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    If a Steinhart isn't available from Steinhart, it might also be worth checking with Chronomaster. Was surprised to find the watch I wanted was actually cheaper there too.
    Yeah I’ve bought my Steinharts either from Chronomaster or second hand. Never bought direct from Steinhart themselves funnily enough. But the 39mm vintage GMT is a rare item, think they only made 100 of them as a boutique release. Hopefully it’ll become a mainstream item eventually.

Mine is a boutique limited edition of only 50 pieces but www.olko-watches.com will have the same watch in stock in a week or so but with a cyclops

Mine is a boutique limited edition of only 50 pieces but www.olko-watches.com will have the same watch in stock in a week or so but with a cyclops
    Cheers mate will take a look. I followed you on Insta today, came up on my recommended and I thought ‘I recognise that name...’

Cheers mate will take a look. I followed you on Insta today, came up on my recommended and I thought ‘I recognise that name...’
    thanks. If I get word of release date I’ll post

Www.olko-watches.com has the 39mm in stock now

Www.olko-watches.com has the 39mm in stock now
    Sold out😂

Sold out😂
    She has more coming in a week or so