closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tutima Flieger Friday Chronograph Limited Edition

Journeyman

Tutima Flieger Friday Chronograph Limited Edition

Tutima released today one really fantastic piece. Very nice re-edition, have to say. In case you missed this, check out the following official text.

It has been nearly 70 years since Tutima launched its iconic pilot watch– the Flieger Chronograph– in 1941. Now a highly-prized item by watch collectors worldwide, Tutima is proud to introduce The “Flieger Friday Edition”, limited to only 25 pieces and inspired by the original historic model.

Similar to Reference 783-01, the case of the Flieger Friday Chronograph comes in a 38.5 mm satin-finished stainless steel case, equivalent to the size of the original Flieger. Also like the original chronograph, the bi- directional, fluted, rotating bezel with red reference marker, remains an important design element in the watch. The large cathedral hands are designed to match the original, as is the dial, which features the Tutima logo and numerals in the watch’s original fonts. To remain faithful to the original timepiece from 1941, the Flieger Friday Chronograph is powered by the hand-wound ETA Valjoux Caliber 7760, modified by Tutima to create a modern representation of Caliber 59.

In keeping with the times, the hands and numerals use a bright Super-LumiNova compound and features a domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating for maximum legibility. The case back is also fitted with a sapphire crystal, beautifully showcasing an eye-catching gold plated bridge and Tutima engraving. The Flieger Friday Chronograph is pressure tested to 100 meters deep (almost 330 feet). It beats at a frequency of 28,800 VPH and has a power reserve of 48 hours.

The limited-edition new member to the Flieger collection is presented with a handsome vintage pilot style leather strap. Each of the 25 editions are also individually numbered and engraved, and are accompanied with a printed certificate of authenticity.

Journeyman
    pictures to follow
    Last edited by hondzax; 4th December 2020 at 13:17.

Journeyman
    This is the original Flieger Chronograph from 1941 looked side by side to a new one.
    Last edited by hondzax; 4th December 2020 at 13:44.

Journeyman
    Sorry, one more. The original upload somehow got ruined the quality of the attached photos. How these will be in a higher resolution now..

Odesláno z mého BBF100-6 pomocí Tapatalk

What I like about this flieger recreation is that it has a truly man-sized crown. I was slightly disappointed in the crown size of the recent Hanhart 417 recreation. When it comes to crowns, size really does matter.

I used to have the 783-01:

Lovely watch. I think I paid about £700 four years ago.

What are they asking for this one?

Quote Originally Posted by hondzax View Post
    This is the original Flieger Chronograph from 1941 looked side by side to a new one.
    I like the old one!

That new one is pretty nice too.

I had a Hanhart years ago.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    I liker the new one. And if it's anything like my Tutima, I expect the 'quality feel' and build quality are superb

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    What I like about this flieger recreation is that it has a truly man-sized crown. I was slightly disappointed in the crown size of the recent Hanhart 417 recreation. When it comes to crowns, size really does matter.
    I have to agree with you on that point. The crown on my Hanhart Pioneer Dual Timer is significantly bigger than the one on the 417 recreation.

That is a re-issue of a re-issue (as stated before).
    I had a Tutima 1941 about 4/5 years back. It had an enormous great gloss wooden box (I know as I had to replace the retained hinges on the one I had), and a whole book on the history of Tutima in the military.
    Very nice recreation of their earlier chronos, as far as I can tell the only diffeence between the old Tutima 1941 and the new one is some gilding of the movement (same movement) and a display back (not really needed for a 7760).
    So to fork out for the new one when there are a few of the old ones on Chrono24 seems unnecessary

Dave