closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Does anyone know anything about Pallet Trucks?

Does anyone know anything about Pallet Trucks?

Mrs Bert runs a charity, and the donations they receive are increasing every day, and more often than not I’m having to shift pallets around.
    So, I be got authorisation to buy a pallet truck, but I don’t know much about them, how much do I need to spend, to get a decent midrange one? Any specific models to look for?

Master
    There is quite a large range, wide narrow, hi lift, euro pallets normal pallets etc.

I would contact one of the handling companies and discuss your needs

Are all your pallets the same as each other?
    What type of flooring are you having to negotiate?
    Do you wish to load a car or van from a pallet?
    Do you need to put pallets onto racking?
    What would be the max weight you need to move?

Hope that helps..

Master
    Assuming standard sized UK or chep pallets you can spend < £400. I would imagine that used ones go for peanuts. I looked in to having a bespoke one made up by Liftmate.co.uk for a particularly large requirement i had - I never proceeded in the end but they were very friendly and prompt to respond. They keep stock of standard trucks.

Thanks, yes, there’s quite a range, we have simple needs, shifting them from the Loading bay to the storage unit, no high lift, no loading or unloading from vehicles, most of the pallets are standard size (I would say all, but that’s just asking to be proved wrong) but you’re right, best to talk to the suppliers.

aka pump trucks.

Samples on eBay (no idea how good they are): https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Pump-Truck/.../bn_7023446324

Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    Assuming standard sized UK or chep pallets you can spend < £400. I would imagine that used ones go for peanuts. I looked in to having a bespoke one made up by Liftmate.co.uk for a particularly large requirement i had - I never proceeded in the end but they were very friendly and prompt to respond. They keep stock of standard trucks.
    Ta for the pointer, Liftmate look good, their standard one comes in at about the price we wanted to pay.

Master
    Contact a pallet truck rental or sales company. They often have traded in or obsolete models which go to auction and fetch very little (often less than the transport costs). Mention your charity and they may help you out.