closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: seeking advice on a Heuer Cortina

Journeyman

seeking advice on a Heuer Cortina

I've been offered the following Heuer Cortina for £3200. It's the variant with the red date dial. (Most of them are black.) Seller says it was last serviced three years ago. I'm wondering if anything looks amiss, or if the price is out of line given the condition (no box/papers). Thanks for your help.

I know nothing about these watches but the logo on this example does not look correct to me. It looks to be out of proportion to the dial and the printing looks a bit thick / heavy compared to other Heuer’s of a similar age.
    If I were in your shoes I would do more research first, it seems they can be a bit of a minefield, especially as this watch is a model that is not often seen. (I did not know it existed until you posted your other thread)
    I hope some with more knowledge than me can help and hope you get the watch you are after

Just googleing the model number brings up quite a few. The first result brings one up with the red date wheel and out of the first 4 or 5 results 2 of them have the same date wheel so it's not uncommon. The hands do look a little thin compared to some so they could be replacements but as for price. Some say up to 5000 euro but then again one sold for 2000 euros on Brandizzi website.

Just have a look about as there seems to be plenty of information on Google.

The only thing I would say stands out is the model number and serial number look to be perfectly stamped where as most of the others look misaligned as the norm.
    The Heuer sign look's like the correct size tho.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I know nothing about these watches but the logo on this example does not look correct to me. It looks to be out of proportion to the dial and the printing looks a bit thick / heavy compared to other Heuer’s of a similar age.
    If I were in your shoes I would do more research first, it seems they can be a bit of a minefield, especially as this watch is a model that is not often seen. (I did not know it existed until you posted your other thread)
    I hope some with more knowledge than me can help and hope you get the watch you are after
    I've searched about quite a bit and can't find much information to add to what's in this Calibre 11 article and of course all the photos of other examples of this model.

Would you say that the dial/hands look different in the watch I posted and their example (below)? I can't see the difference myself, but I am by no means an expert.

The only difference I see is the hands do look a little thinner in your picture compared to that review but that could just be the angle of the picture plus the lighting making them look thinner.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    The only difference I see is the hands do look a little thinner in your picture compared to that review but that could just be the angle of the picture plus the lighting making them look thinner.

I agree, I think it might be the angle.

Seller says it's gaining 30 seconds a day. Would that be considered reasonable for a Calibre 12 movement serviced 3 years ago?

I think it should be running better than that but I guess it all depends on how it's been used in the last 3 Year's.
    It may be magnetised and or just need regulating but it might also be in need of another service.
    You'll not really know until you see it on a timegrapher and can see how it's running properly.