closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch repairer damaging the watch he was meant to service.

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    It didn't cost me much more than £75 to have Seiko UK service my SARB033. I believe they just put the old movement in the bin and fit a new one. I paid 80 odd quid though their current prices might be higher.

Sorry to rub salt into the wound - Seiko UK are worth trying first, if the watch is still in production or only recently discontinued.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk
    After sending my Seiko SARB to Seiko UK a few years ago I wouldn't trust them with anything, ask a few of the watch repairers on the forum if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    After sending my Seiko SARB to Seiko UK a few years ago I wouldn't trust them with anything, ask a few of the watch repairers on the forum if they can help.
    What happened? I’ve used them twice to replace capacitors in kinetics and pressure test and service has always been absolutely fine.

I sent a grand Seiko to Seiko UK to service in 2018 and when it came back it had more dust on the dial than Lord Asriel would know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What went wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paddy1911 View Post
    I sent a grand Seiko to Seiko UK to service in 2018 and when it came back it had more dust on the dial than Lord Asriel would know what to do with.
    That’s not good, did they resolve it?

Quote Originally Posted by ej86 View Post
    What happened? I’ve used them twice to replace capacitors in kinetics and pressure test and service has always been absolutely fine.
    The watch had a poor PR so I sent it to them under warranty. It came back working ok then suddenly got worse, when I had a closer look they had left a huge fingerprint on the rotor as well. I sent it off to Duncan and the oils in the watch had dried up causing the problem (A lot of these watches had been sitting around for ages before sale). Duncan stripped the movement and cleaned it and I have not had a problem since (several years now). Basically all Seiko did was regulate it (without bothering to use gloves) and not check to see what the actual problem was.

My initial thought were also that Seiko UK were very good. Email respond they have the watch, login details to see the progress of the repair but now knowing what I do I wouldn’t trust them.