closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex waiting lists

Master

Rolex waiting lists

No wonder the Rolex waitlists are so long, ive now been called twice by my local AD offering me a watch that they have already supplied me with (over a year ago). Nothing thats in great demand but it would be annoying to have to wait longer for a watch because someone else on the list was offered 2 or 3 watches. Im sure a lot of people would take a second sub and cash in rather than saying they had already been supplied one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    No wonder the Rolex waitlists are so long, ive now been called twice by my local AD offering me a watch that they have already supplied me with (over a year ago). Nothing thats in great demand but it would be annoying to have to wait longer for a watch because someone else on the list was offered 2 or 3 watches. Im sure a lot of people would take a second sub and cash in rather than saying they had already been supplied one.
    They have offered you the exact same watch 3 times in a year? What model is is?

Master
    Yes 3 times. First one I took, other 2 times ive said no and explained that ive already had one from them and didnt want another so please take me off the list.
    Its an explorer 1, So not one of the hot models. Seen a couple for sale over list but generally it seems these dont have a premium second hand as the wait is quite short usually.
    Maybe as i assume they get less of the subs, GMTs and Daytonas the list is better managed.

Next time fib and say it was a GMT you were on the list for and you expect it pronto!

There is more going on here than meets the eye. They would rather sell multiple watches to a preferred customer, than one watch to someone else. Incompetence or economic wisdom? I wonder.
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Next time fib and say it was a GMT you were on the list for and you expect it pronto!
    After I was offered a third SD43 I tried this exact thing :D Failed!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    After I was offered a third SD43 I tried this exact thing :D Failed!
    That happened to me after my 14th hulk - I said enough’s enough. Too much green and I’m struggling to wear more than 6 at a time :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    There is more going on here than meets the eye. They would rather sell multiple watches to a preferred customer, than one watch to someone else. Incompetence or economic wisdom? I wonder.
    I'll wait and see how long it takes to get a sub before I think of myself as prefered.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Its an explorer 1, So not one of the hot models. Seen a couple for sale over list but generally it seems these dont have a premium second hand as the wait is quite short usually.
    I have been looking recently for an Oyster Perpetual and noticed both they and the Explorer 1 are all over list. The cheapest Explorer 1 was £6250 from a private sale.

Master
    It would be interesting to know what they are actually selling for. From my admittedly small set of examples it seems they are available within a few months at most.
    Some people maybe willing to spend an extra £1k to cut that queue but I'd think most people wouldn't be and sales on here have all been under the current £5.5k list price

Yes 3 times. First one I took, other 2 times ive said no and explained that ive already had one from them and didnt want another so please take me off the list.
    Maybe as i assume they get less of the subs, GMTs and Daytonas the list is better managed.
    Pop their number over to @Mj2k he's keen for one of those I think.

Master
    Bloody hell, can’t get one for my wife for love of trying! Clearly with the wrong AD lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Some people maybe willing to spend an extra £1k to cut that queue but I'd think most people wouldn't be and sales on here have all been under the current £5.5k list price

Agreed but I can't see any under list recently.
    Last edited by roxylady; 2nd December 2020 at 18:26.

Master
    I sold mine at list price and it went instantly on here a couple of months ago. Not the same for my date just though

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I am not surprised it went instantly if you sold it at list. Hopefully it didn’t go to one of the hoovers and someone is enjoying it.