closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul Thorpe ringing Rolex AD

Journeyman
    Does he ever mention what his solution would be to this? If they just sold to the next person on the list in order, every flipper would register at every AD for every model and we'd never stand a chance.

If you were an AD, what would you do?

Some people need to get a life.

Journeyman
    He's taken the vid down now due to backlash. Response video - https://youtu.be/MKSq-UGWIvw

Craftsman
    That fella waffles on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've met folks like PT before. He can't accept that almost nobody cares and that most of us WIS know what he said already.

Quote Originally Posted by alzone View Post
    He's taken the vid down now due to backlash. Response video - https://youtu.be/MKSq-UGWIvw
    Ah, another video with another four adverts. I guess it was either that or give the two in-video advertisers their money back.

Edit: just noticed another advert taking up part of the screen for the entire video. Five adverts! The guy is taking the P.

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I watched this the other day, was going to post it up but thought we've all probably had enough Rolex AD talk and rumours, but as we're on the subject matter, here he is again.
    Just watched that an he does eventually come to a sensible point (for some). Don't play the game, don't buy stuff you don't want, consider paying a premium from a grey if you really want a particular watch. Whilst there are many on here who wouldn't consider such a thing, over a period of time it does actually work for some watches.

9000 views...whats that £10?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    9000 views...whats that £10?
    Maybe, but the three people with the in-video adverts/sponsors won't be paying a tenner. In a way he would be a good channel to advertise on as the believe who believe him will believe anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Maybe, but the three people with the in-video adverts/sponsors won't be paying a tenner. In a way he would be a good channel to advertise on as the believe who believe him will believe anything.
    True

In a way he would be a good channel to advertise on as the believe who believe him will believe anything.
    I've watched a couple of his videos and there's nothing to believe. Most of the time he just bangs on endlessly about the type of stuff that gets kicked to death on here. Don't think I've heard him come out with something that I didn't already know, be it true or not, just as most of our threads are pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I've watched a couple of his videos and there's nothing to believe. Most of the time he just bangs on endlessly about the type of stuff that gets kicked to death on here. Don't think I've heard him come out with something that I didn't already know, be it true or not, just as most of our threads are pure speculation.
    That's true actually. He is the worst of all of us merged into one person. This is why he never has anything new to say and doesn't stop going on

Master
    That's true actually. He is the worst of all of us merged into one person. This is why he never has anything new to say and doesn't stop going on
    Are you by any chance a copper or a security guard because you seem to enjoy putting the boot in to anything or anyone that's just there.

He does ramble on a bit but his knowledge of the market is quite good as are his predictions.

I bought a 31mm yellow gold Datejust off him for the wife and slapped it into Rolex the next day for a service. The watch was pronounced 100% genuine which is rare for a diamond dial model and his price was damn good. So he' ok by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Are you by any chance a copper or a security guard because you seem to enjoy putting the boot in to anything or anyone that's just there.

He does ramble on a bit but his knowledge of the market is quite good as are his predictions.

I bought a 31mm yellow gold Datejust off him for the wife and slapped it into Rolex the next day for a service. The watch was pronounced 100% genuine which is rare for a diamond dial model and his price was damn good. So he' ok by me.
    Rambles on a bit eh...

I have said this few times - he’s only job is to convince people it is ok to go to the greys and pay double.

Makes it sound impossible to walk in an AD and request a watch. Works on the dim and impatient perhaps...

Just more of the same vitriol.

As mentioned previously, for someone that’s likely made a good living from ‘the system’ over the preceding years it seems odd he’s now slating it.

...also a hint of ‘go grey’, save yourself the AD ordeal and expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

If he's ok by you that's fine, no one is saying to not to buy watches from him if he still sells them, just that he goes on and on about the same old stuff.

To secretly record a phonecall with someone and then upload it onto YouTube as clickbait to let the paid advertising roll in is unethical at the very least. An oracle such as yourself might even call the guy a toe rag.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 3rd December 2020 at 22:18.

I am impressed with Paul thorpes channel and content. I have learnt a lot from him. He certainly knows his stuff and as [mention]MickP [/mention] said, his predictions regarding pricing are quite accurate.

People shame him because of his son which isn’t fair in my opinion, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Master
    The problem isn’t just his son...there used to be quite a lot of information on the internet about Mr Thorpe and his earlier life as a jeweller; strangely it seems to have disappeared. Shame because it was an interesting read.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Rambles on a bit eh...

I have said this few times - he’s only job is to convince people it is ok to go to the greys and pay double.

Makes it sound impossible to walk in an AD and request a watch. Works on the dim and impatient perhaps...
    Yes and also says on another video slating ‘flippers’ should only want £1k over list. Rambles on a fair bit

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    I had a worse conversation recently with an AD I have used regularly; it went along the lines of what’s cars I drove; did I buy or lease. My houses where were they how much were they worth, what was my job tittle and how much did I earn; by this point I told then politely to not bother. The sales associate was embarrassed and apologised but said managements decision for these new questions.
    Hang on a minute, how come no one has commented on this? Or is it obviously a joke that’s gone over my head (because I could and do absolutely believe this would happen in a Rolex AD). But if serious, that’s utterly ridiculous! Who would give such information away, and who could do it without extreme embarrassment?! I’d feel less violated after a rectal examination. At least the doctor wouldn’t charge me!

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    The problem isn’t just his son...there used to be quite a lot of information on the internet about Mr Thorpe and his earlier life as a jeweller; strangely it seems to have disappeared. Shame because it was an interesting read.
    Ah I see. I have heard rumours but never bothered to find out what the problem was. Care to discuss to appease my curiosity please?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Hang on a minute, how come no one has commented on this? Or is it obviously a joke that’s gone over my head (because I could and do absolutely believe this would happen in a Rolex AD). But if serious, that’s utterly ridiculous! Who would give such information away, and who could do it without extreme embarrassment?! I’d feel less violated after a rectal examination. At least the doctor wouldn’t charge me!
    No joke indeed, I won't mention the AD but I was polite and firm in the fact that I would not be giving them any such details and would rather go grey than play silly bug**rs.

Master
    Yes he’s got the tats and the Del Boy accent along with the paid ads but that’s the Internet today from tik tok to Instagram etc. The bottom line is his commentary is right through artificial teeth or otherwise