closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dials to die for - the new ones from AnOrdain

Dials to die for - the new ones from AnOrdain

I've just received the email from AnOrdain announcing Fumé dials for the Model 1. I am smitten.

Craftsman
    Very impressive

Lovely indeed!

Remove all the markings (a la Moser), a better hand set, remove the seconds hand and we get close to something I'd consider buying (not a fan of the case tbh). The fume looks great but wish I could get onboard with the rest...

I like the green dialled one.

Dials to die for - the new ones from AnOrdain

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    I like the green dialled one.
    Yeah me too actually. On brown cordovan looks ace.

Last edited by Marios; 1st December 2020 at 19:16.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Remove all the markings (a la Moser), a better hand set, remove the seconds hand and we get close to something I'd consider buying (not a fan of the case tbh). The fume looks great but wish I could get onboard with the rest...
    Those of done of the distinctive AnOrdain features...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Dear God those dials look amazing! I need to subscribe to their newsletter I was planning on picking up one of their watches in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Those of done of the distinctive AnOrdain features...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I know! Just wish i could get onboard with them....

Journeyman
    I like that they are doing something different and they have a clear identity. The enamel looks great on these and the mark 1 case is the nicest they do. I'd therefore be seriously tempted, but sadly I don't really like the hands (the minute hand could at least be a bit longer), the font or the even only numbers on the dial. I'd prefer all numbers or stick indices.

They do absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, but I am glad they do for some people.

The dials are absolutely lovely, beautiful effects and (I’m sure) fabulous depth when on the wrist.

Like others, I struggle with the dial markers and hand design; definitely distinctive, I’m just not quite sure I like them...

Master
    Dial reminds me of the glashütte original sixties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like what they're doing but, to me, a 2-4-8-10 dial shouldn't have a 6 on it.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I like what they're doing but, to me, a 2-4-8-10 dial shouldn't have a 6 on it.
    Agree on this and also the 12 should be removed and have some sort of other marking. Having minutes on the dial is entirely unnecessary as well. Less is more!

I love the dials and the people behind anOrdain seem wonderful. If they would offer a classic, thin-cased watch with dauphine or stick hands, I would be all over it.

I can't make up my mind on the dials - In some photos they look matt and ordinary (the OP for example) and in others much more interesting.

I guess this is something you'd need to see in person to really appreciate.

M
    Last edited by snowman; 2nd December 2020 at 14:16.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Massive variability in how a dial looks in pics can suggest a quality that is very dynamic and bewitching when seen in a hand. GS etc....

Craftsman
    The green dial is screaming for a bronze case.

Very nice design and good to support a UK company that's genuinely doing something unique

The new dials look superb. I’ve got a red dialled Model one and I only have great things to say about both the watch and AnOrdain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Mine just arrived!

It's a model 2 with the model 1 plum fume & different printing for the indices.
    It's a phenomenal dial. More purple than the model 1 plum, but redder and darker than the model 2 purple.

Service and comms from anOrdain were very good on the whole.
    Nice bit of personalisation with the package and they put in an extra strap as others have had which is welcome.

The dials are definitely the best thing about those in my view.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Mine just arrived!

It's a model 2 with the model 1 plum fume & different printing for the indices.
    It's a phenomenal dial. More purple than the model 1 plum, but redder and darker than the model 2 purple.

Service and comms from anOrdain were very good on the whole.
    Nice bit of personalisation with the package and they put in an extra strap as others have had which is welcome.
    Looks fantastic, so just to clarify they made it to your specification rather than a stock order?

Journeyman
    That green dial gives me smoking room vibes, lovely.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Looks fantastic, so just to clarify they made it to your specification rather than a stock order?
    Yes for the most part. They can do the model 1 colours on the model 2 & vice versa but the results will vary due to the size of the dial.
    There are also various options for printing. On the model 1 I expect it's just a single colour choice. The model 2 has 2 stages, the outline & the fill so I was able to pick both.
    I wasn't able to just have a fill & no outline, but you can have the opposite as shown on their standard offerings.
    Colours for printing are limited to what they have in but I guess they may order in at a cost of they might have something close to what you want that they haven't used.

I've even seen someone order custom printing plates from them to have only the no. 10 or 11 numerals with everything else being a marker. It was to commemorate a favourite player of his or something.

If you email them & say what you'd like then they will try and accommodate. I confirmed what I wanted before ordering.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    The dials are definitely the best thing about those in my view.
    It's definitely the standout feature & there is quite a premium for the fume, but then this is currently a 1 of 1 enamel dial so relatively unusual.
    I actually really like the case as well. It's got a few odd lines, and some softness where I'd prefer sharp angles, but it has a really nice tool watch or military vibe going on which suits what I'll use this for.
    It's has a nice heft to it which I also wasn't expecting.

Blog Entries
    Best dial I ever had was a beautiful blue enamel dial on a Ulysses Nardin San Marco, this particular dial was hand made by a UN master enameller long since retired. Sadly during a period of insane flipperitis years ago, I parted with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Yes for the most part. They can do the model 1 colours on the model 2 & vice versa but the results will vary due to the size of the dial.
    There are also various options for printing. On the model 1 I expect it's just a single colour choice. The model 2 has 2 stages, the outline & the fill so I was able to pick both.
    I wasn't able to just have a fill & no outline, but you can have the opposite as shown on their standard offerings.
    Colours for printing are limited to what they have in but I guess they may order in at a cost of they might have something close to what you want that they haven't used.

I've even seen someone order custom printing plates from them to have only the no. 10 or 11 numerals with everything else being a marker. It was to commemorate a favourite player of his or something.

If you email them & say what you'd like then they will try and accommodate. I confirmed what I wanted before ordering.
    Really good to know these watches are on my list for this year.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Have to say I am more partial to these hokey old dials - not a fan of Moser, they're too clean and jewel like.