closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Wolbrook chronograph

New Wolbrook chronograph

Anyone seen these? Just announced today with early bird price of £215 ish, they don’t look bad at all - not sure on the chrono with skindiver case, but seiko mecaquartz, nice domed crystal. I’m tempted...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the design of these watches, very retro and a nice clear easy to see dial. Have been waiting for the standard one with mineral crystal to appear on SC

Master
    That's a very nice looking chrono. I like the vintage on bracelet. I can't see any version as cheap as £215 though.

Won't you find the lack of running seconds strange?
    THIN is the new BLACK

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    That's a very nice looking chrono. I like the vintage on bracelet. I can't see any version as cheap as £215 though.
    I think the price is actually in € but dynamically translated in to £ according to exchange rate. Some versions were £205 this afternoon.
    As for the watch, its nice, but the dial looks a bit crowded - perhaps a 42mm dial would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Won't you find the lack of running seconds strange?
    I'm not a fan of the VK64, for that very reason, I have a Geckota with this movement. I really like the Wolbrooks and have the WT version, but wouldn't get this, solely because of the movement, no matter how cheap/good value it is. I think they would have been better off sourcing the ST19.

A

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I think the price is actually in € but dynamically translated in to £ according to exchange rate. Some versions were £205 this afternoon.
    As for the watch, its nice, but the dial looks a bit crowded - perhaps a 42mm dial would have been better.
    I converted the prices to GBP but still didnt see anything as cheap as £215 and certainly not £205. I will keep looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I converted the prices to GBP but still didnt see anything as cheap as £215 and certainly not £205. I will keep looking though.
    Looks like its only the pro versions with hesalite and the big eye config that are showing as £205. The sapphire versions seem to start at £223. Couldn’t tell the difference when I looked, they must have been updating the site as the day has gone on!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Looks like its only the pro versions with hesalite and the big eye config that are showing as £205. The sapphire versions seem to start at £223. Couldn’t tell the difference when I looked, they must have been updating the site as the day has gone on!

Still looks like a good deal though. Think I will treat myself and call it an early Christmas present to myself. Thanks for the heads up.

It's for that same reason I don't buy any of them with the VK64 inside. There are some lovely watches out there which would highly appeal to me but as said I'd rather have an ST19 inside than the VK64. There's just something about having a running seconds hand that does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post
    I'm not a fan of the VK64, for that very reason, I have a Geckota with this movement. I really like the Wolbrooks and have the WT version, but wouldn't get this, solely because of the movement, no matter how cheap/good value it is. I think they would have been better off sourcing the ST19.

A

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Really like the look of these. Lumed sub dials as well.
    I had the skin diver and it was a lovely little thing. Sold it on here to help fund something else, as you do, but am tempted to get one of these.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    It's for that same reason I don't buy any of them with the VK64 inside. There are some lovely watches out there which would highly appeal to me but as said I'd rather have an ST19 inside than the VK64. There's just something about having a running seconds hand that does it for me.

Can't you just run the Chrono seconds to get running seconds? I'm not sure I understand the movement

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKMike View Post
    Can't you just run the Chrono seconds to get running seconds? I'm not sure I understand the movement
    That's what I was thinking. Suppose it will run the battery down quicker though?

Quote Originally Posted by aamaci View Post

A
    Is there an issue with this mecaquartz movement, other than its lack of running seconds? I'm ready to order!

I haven't heard of any issues with the VK64 but I prefer a moving seconds hand that's all.

Master
    Using the chrono' hand will be ok until an hour has elapsed, then it stops.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Placed my order for THIS model, plus a black with tan version of the bund strap below!

An excellent thread that has answered many questions I had about this movement. I was looking at an Undone watch and my question was where's the running second hand. Difficult to find anywhere that actually states that there isn't one, although I did find out that if you use the Chrono hand as a running second hand it stops after an hour. Presumably this would also use the battery life up quicker.

Out of interest, anyone know the battery life for the Seiko Quartz movement.

I do like the 24 hour indicator Sub dial though, showing AM or PM, almost a GMT function.