closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Save UK Aviation Petition

Save UK Aviation Petition

My eldest Son works in the aviation industry and has asked me to sign the following petition, which I have. Given the gravity of the situation facing the UK aviation industry from both the current impacts of CV19 and the potential future impacts of Brexit the more people who sign it the more pressure will be put on the Government to support this major industry.

To this end I would be grateful to anyone here who would be kind enough to also sign it.

Many Thanks in advance.

https://www.megaphone.org.uk/petitio...d-d30b793de5eb

Best Regards

Peter
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    Done....

Regards

V

also signed

Having been made redundant form the aviation industry this year as a direct result of the covid crisis, this is a subject I've followed extensively. Currently, IATA/Eurocontrol predicts even with a vaccine, global aviation wont recovery to 2019 levels until 2024. I don't think the PM and UK government is particularly bothered about UK aviation which ultimately means that the UK aviation sector will decline and foreign companies will fill the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Having been made redundant form the aviation industry this year as a direct result of the covid crisis, this is a subject I've followed extensively. Currently, IATA/Eurocontrol predicts even with a vaccine, global aviation wont recovery to 2019 levels until 2024. I don't think the PM and UK government is particularly bothered about UK aviation which ultimately means that the UK aviation sector will decline and foreign companies will fill the gap.
    Aren't "foreign companies" in the same situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Aren't "foreign companies" in the same situation?
    Heathrow went from being the most connected airport in the world to 8th, so we must be doing something worse compared to foreign companies.

When we think aviation, we generally think of national airlines with fat cat directors, but I think we are going to see some serious hurt in local communities from regional airports being decimated. Durham Tees is expected to make a £2.6m loss this year. There is currently 733,000 aviation linked jobs at risk in the UK.

I also read that £1 spent on aviation creates £4 wider income. I think the timing of this crisis is particularly bad for aviation as it doesn't really fit into any green agenda.
    Last edited by Christian; 1st December 2020 at 11:55.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Heathrow went from being the most connected airport in the world to 8th, so we must be doing something worse compared to foreign companies.

When we think aviation, we generally think of national airlines with fat cat directors, but I think we are going to see some serious hurt in local communities from regional airports being decimated. Durham Tees is expected to make a £2.6m loss this year. There is currently 733,000 aviation linked jobs at risk in the UK.

I also read that £1 spent on aviation creates £4 wider income. I think the timing of this crisis is particularly bad for aviation as it doesn't really fit into any green agenda.
    I’m surprised Teeside is still open never mind making a loss. It was a good airport when BMI had there maintenance there but when Peel got hold of it they weren’t interested, when Finningley was sold off and became Robin Hood the writing was really on the wall. There was no investment and the only real operators in situ were Eastern Airway and FR Aviation doing there military contract work hardly riveting stuff, EasyJet and the RAF do a lot of circuit and bumps there as it’s quiet and the RAF over the last couple of weeks have been moving one of the regiments out of Catterick to Cyprus lock stock and barrel. Ryanair are starting a couple of routes during the summer so there’s hope there and they have a new service down to Heathrow which is ok if you want to go there but the train into central London will get you there a couple of hours faster.

As for Heathrow, well the only thing I think Boris has muttered that made sense was the proposal to build from scratch somewhere in the Thames estuary. Britain does well at just bolting on bits of things but never really thinks about scalability and the future.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    + 1 and shared

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk