closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coffee machines......

Coffee machines......

I know there are some coffee lovers on here so thought I’d gauge opinion.

Looking to upgrade with a budget of around £900 and am drawn to either the Jura E6 or Miele CM6150, does anyone have either and can comment?

any other models to look at?

Cheers

Do you just want to push a button and get an adequate cup of coffee? Cos £900 can get you far better than that, but you’ll need to put a bit of work in. A separate machine and grinder will always give better coffee, if you know what you’re doing.

Easier the better for me!

If I lived alone then yes, but I need something the wife can use as well.

Master
    After discussions on here and the Lotus forum I settled for a DeLonghi Dinamica bean to cup with attached milk carafe. I’m well pleased with it. For me it’s just the job. It came in at £549 so we’ll below your budget.

A significant deciding factor is whether you want all the human interaction with your machine or just press a button. I went for the latter
    Last edited by Ashtons99; 30th November 2020 at 21:00.

Fair point, I can relate to that, thank god Mrs Bert just drinks tea :)

From what I know of bean to cuppers, the Miele is rated more highly than the Jura, the Juras are hard to fix, service or keep clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    After discussions on here and the Lotus forum I settled for a DeLonghi Dinamica bean to cup with attached milk carafe. I’m well pleased with it. For me it’s just the job. It came in at £549 so we’ll below your budget.

A significant deciding factor is whether you want all the human interaction with your machine or just press a button. I went for the latter
    Had a DeLonghi around 7 years ago and wasn't impressed so sold it and bought a Jura Micra which was much better, I wouldn't go back to the brand again save money as (to me) there was a noticeable difference in the coffee it made.

My initial thought was to just get a better Jura but the E6 is old now hence looking a the Miele.

What do you want from your machine? Espresso is a must?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Had a DeLonghi around 7 years ago and wasn't impressed so sold it and bought a Jura Micra which was much better, I wouldn't go back to the brand again save money as (to me) there was a noticeable difference in the coffee it made.

My initial thought was to just get a better Jura but the E6 is old now hence looking a the Miele.

I guess it’s an personal thing and maybe things have moved on since you had yours but I’m impressed with the Dinamica

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtons99 View Post
    I guess it’s an personal thing and maybe things have moved on since you had yours but I’m impressed with the Dinamica
    could very well be the case, it was a long time ago, but not willing to take a chance again.

Bought the E6 in the end, trusted brand and hopefully a cracking machine.

Craftsman
    You won’t regret a Jura. We bought an E8 half price in the January sale 2 years ago and it’s not missed a beat! We each have 2/3 cups of coffee a day from it and it’s saved no end on my wife’s Starbucks/Costa habit...

My Tassimo packed in so I got an Eletta last week half price.
    Very happy with it and as some has said saved me a fortune with Mrs B not going to Costa as much

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Master
    After weeks of research and replacing a older Delonghi machine I bought one of these:

https://www.sotel.de/en/Elektrogerae...EALw_wcB&cur=1

Absolutely superb, really easy to use, makes great coffee and looks really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    You won’t regret a Jura. We bought an E8 half price in the January sale 2 years ago and it’s not missed a beat! We each have 2/3 cups of coffee a day from it and it’s saved no end on my wife’s Starbucks/Costa habit...

I looked at the E8 briefly but couldnt see what the difference was to justify the price increase?