closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mido watches. Any owners?

Master

Mido watches. Any owners?

Do we have any MIDO watches on the forum folks? I've been looking at some off the lesser spotted brands (Edox, Glycine, Alpina etc) and I have to say a couple of the Mido range have caught my eye.

For a while I wouldn't be caught dead in a Swiss watch that wasn't from the "big four" brands, but I'm drifting further and further into the lesser knowns.
    £500 buys a Mido Ocean Star automatic diver in Titanium (that's on Jomashop) and I'm pretty taken with it, the only thing putting me off is that it appears to use the Tissot Powermatic 80 movement. Should I just have a cheaper Tissot??

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Do we have any MIDO watches on the forum folks? I've been looking at some off the lesser spotted brands (Edox, Glycine, Alpina etc) and I have to say a couple of the Mido range have caught my eye.

For a while I wouldn't be caught dead in a Swiss watch that wasn't from the "big four" brands, but I'm drifting further and further into the lesser knowns.
    £500 buys a Mido Ocean Star automatic diver in Titanium (that's on Jomashop) and I'm pretty taken with it, the only thing putting me off is that it appears to use the Tissot Powermatic 80 movement. Should I just have a cheaper Tissot??

I've had a couple - very very nice watches in that price range - if you pick up that Mido - even if you don't like it, you will not lose much money...

I have the Mido Ocean Star GMT - discussed here

I love it. I have completed on my promise and now sold my Tudor BB GMT as a result of owning the Mido.
    The combination of its very attractive design, accuracy, 80 hr power reserve, traveller GMT, 200m WR and dive bezel make it a total winner for me.

Tim also posted about the Ocean star 600, here

He sounds equally impressed.

So there are a few of us.
    If I could stomach screwdown pushers (I cannot stand them) I might also have bought the blue titanium Ocean Star chronograph in titanium. It looks epic as well.

Dave

In the early days of the forum, Eddie used to sell them. I owned a very nice Ocean Star model which was well made and kept good time. Sold it later to another forum member.
    Can't remember exactly, but I seem to recollect it had a unique 'cork' or something in the crown mechanism... maybe waterproofing.
    Very nice watch and a good Swiss brand.

Master
    Praise indeed, thanks a lot chaps, I think that's just cemented a Mido as my Christmas prezzie!