closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: iOS 14.2 Problem with iMessage?

Master

iOS 14.2 Problem with iMessage?

The only person I use iMessage for is my dad; we’re both on iOS14.2 and since that upgrade we’ve noticed that intermittently, iMessage doesn’t alert for new messages. No sound or badge. I think “oh, not heard from dad today” so I go into our iMessage chain to text him and there’ll be several messages from him sat there as if I’d already seen and read them, which of course I haven’t because this is the first I know they’re there (but at my dads end they display as ‘delivered’ but not ‘read’ and vice versa has happened)

Anyone else?

I have tried *everything* short of a full phone factory reset including a long list of fiddling with settings they I found online for iMessage issues.
    Last edited by ach5; 28th November 2020 at 22:51.

Craftsman
    Do you have a Mac with your iCloud and iMessage linked, or maybe a HomePod that would read out your messages?

I haven’t seen anything strange, I’ve had 14.2 for a little over a week now.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV

Master
    I have a mac and an iPod but iMessage is disabled on those. I do use iCloud for backup.

I’m optimistic that Apple will hear about it and it will get sorted by an update...

I googled it and didn’t find anyone else posting about being affected with the same issue, so maybe it’s just me.
    Last edited by ach5; 28th November 2020 at 23:22.

No issues here, but if it's not stating the obvious, is the conversation "muted"? In the main iMessage list, swipe left on the name of the person. Check the bell icon. Also make sure you are not using "Do Not Disturb" in Settings.
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 29th November 2020 at 01:54.

Master
    I had the same issue on my phone on an off for the last week. Mainly use WhatsApp normally except for my mother and wife. I tried the all the apple help of restart, soft reset and in the end signed out under settings on my phone. Then resigned in and all working now. I thought I was going mad!, as no one else seemed to be having the issue.

Master
    I've noticed this on a 2nd gen SE and an iphone 7 post software update..........no sound or badge.

Intermittent screen overlaps of text panel and messaged image requires portrait orientation then back to landscape to clear.

Also my homecam when in use almost completely silences the ringtone.

WIFI plugs in the house no longer work.

:-(

B

Apparently 14.2.1 has been released, but only for the new 12 models after there were widespread messaging problems with those models. There will surely be an update for all compatible devices at some point soon. After installing 14.2 my 7plus permanently displays the arrow icon showing that location services is in use or has been used recently, even when the apps that I allow to use it have been closed, phone restarted etc etc. This is another well reported issue, albeit a very minor one, but shows that the IOS isn't quite there yet. Of course the icon can be easily turned off in settings, but then it's not doing it's job.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I too am having problems after downloading the new software.
    Use WhatsApp for work, well did, but since the upgrade it’s become very intermittent.

Craftsman
    (I think) that's a known issue for 14.2. I just updated to 14.2.1 and before the update there was a list of the bug fixes which said something about iMessage issues. Trying updating again or see the bug fixes beforehand.

Master
    I'm on 14.2.1 on a 12 mini, and noticed I don't get message alerts either - it is only my father who uses this, strange as kept finding I had messages sitting there like the OP without any form of notification. Very annoying and a proper screw up for apple.

Master
    It appears it’s a widespread issue... which was fixed for iPhone 12 users a week or two ago, via iOS 14.2.1 update.

But when are they going to fix it for everyone else? I’d have thought it’s a pretty major issue and would have warranted an emergency patch?

I still get no notifications for my dad at all, and vice versa.