closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow?

Tomorrow?

Is the shop still opening tomorrow?
    Not seen any updates or had an email yet.

Thanks,
    Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

If you try to place an order now, you get redirected to a page stating that ordering will open tomorrow. Same time as usual, 1400 hrs GMT but don't expect it to be open for long, I'm restricting the number of orders to ensure that all orders will be received in time for Christmas.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

That's great, thanks for confirming Eddie.

Cheers,
    Chris

Now, to attempt a navigator purchase or not....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post

Now, to attempt a navigator purchase or not....

Well worth trying

Apprentice
    Is there actually 3 PRS-25 in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by madsdrastrup View Post
    There's a few more but I've only entered 3 into RomanCart stock, hoping to avoid the over-ordering fiasco.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

... today. Now! Let’s get ready to rumble

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by madsdrastrup View Post
    Not anymore :/

Apprentice
    Seems I got one them! So happy right now! Actually got the watch I wanted for my 30th birthday.

I actually had 18 of the Everest but only entered 3 into RomanCart stock, hoping that this would prevent overselling. It looks like RomanCart oversold the Everest by 70 and the black dial Navigator by 40. It really is useless, hours of work to sort this out now.

Eddie

Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I actually had 18 of the Everest but only entered 3 into RomanCart stock, hoping that this would prevent overselling. It looks like RomanCart oversold the Everest by 70 and the black dial Navigator by 40. It really is useless, hours of work to sort this out now.

Eddie
    wow

Eddie
    Very sorry to hear that - must be a right pain.

Craftsman
    That's a right pain for Eddie for sure; computers for you!!!

Just a case of waiting for a yea or nay email then.

Eddie
    What a nightmare!

Hopefully it isn't going to be too much of a pain to sort out.

Chris.

Master
    Delete the expletive or you’ll be getting a ban.

Limited negotiation skills though.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Charmer

Second time unlucky ordering a black dial Smith's Everest.

Both times I've added the watch in into my basket bang on 2pm.

I either get "invalid email address" or "invalid card details" (Both are valid and correct.)

I've must have spent over 10K at the Timefactors shop over the past 14 years and never used to encounter any problems ordering.

It's getting very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

Eddie
    I think you should have put the remaining models on eBay and let the market decide the price.

For a couple of years now I've been running a Shopify online store for a client, and for my own business, and never had the issues you face with RomanCart. There's obviously a reason you stick with this platform, despite the continued headache, but can't think what that is.

Craftsman
    There's a few more but I've only entered 3 into RomanCart stock, hoping to avoid the over-ordering fiasco.

Eddie
    Doesn't look like that worked out to well for you Eddie, but I know that you will figure it out. I am so glad I was able to get my black dialed Navigator when the store was open on the 8th of November. I absolutely love this watch and it is running almost dead on after 10 days now. Merry Christmas an a Happy New Year to you and yours Eddie and thanks for so many great watches and here is to a even better year in 2021.

Craftsman
    Unfortunately I received the email to say I haven't got one of the everest!

Did get a email saying my card won't be charged but it has took the money from my account.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Unfortunately I received the email to say I haven't got one of the everest!

Did get a email saying my card won't be charged but it has took the money from my account.

Sorry to hear that. It just blocks the funds and releases in a day or so when transaction is reversed. That’s the way the credit card system works unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    Second time unlucky ordering a black dial Smith's Everest.

Both times I've added the watch in into my basket bang on 2pm.

I either get "invalid email address" or "invalid card details" (Both are valid and correct.)

I've must have spent over 10K at the Timefactors shop over the past 14 years and never used to encounter any problems ordering.

It's getting very frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
    Was that a specific web browser causing the issue? If you have ordered previously then that is frustrating.

5 hours and I've just finished sorting it.

Eddie

Craftsman
    Not sure if its the number of people currently trying to purchase from the site but with both of this November's shop openings I've received error messages saying the site cannot be reached on pressing the 'Add to Cart' button but a couple of re-fresh and a bit of buffering clears the issue, which I'd not encountered with previous purchases.

Still waiting to see if I've made the cut but always next time if not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Not sure if its the number of people currently trying to purchase from the site but with both of this November's shop openings I've received error messages saying the site cannot be reached on pressing the 'Add to Cart' button but a couple of re-fresh and a bit of buffering clears the issue, which I'd not encountered with previous purchases.

Still waiting to see if I've made the cut but always next time if not.
    The website was slow for me today but the payment page did come up ok.

I had to close tabs a few times and go to the homepage to be able to add to cart. I am guessing it is just the amount of hits it gets during that time.

Large scale retailers usually have their e-commerce websites load balanced and fine tuned to maximise their selling opportunity but there are overheads to that.

For smaller shops it is best to work with their website hosting providers to see if they can offer add-on services to alleviate such issues. Again there is usually a cost associated.

Tomorrow?

I was among 58 lucky buyers and at the same time one of the 39 unlucky cancelled orders. Disappointing

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Craftsman
    5 hours and I've just finished sorting it.

Eddie
    Defiantly time for a beer after that and not something needed after a busy three weeks sending out the previous sales.

Out of interest how many 'actual' sales have you ended up with this time around?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It just blocks the funds and releases in a day or so when transaction is reversed. That’s the way the credit card system works unfortunately.

Thanks for the explanation! Gutted mine got cancelled! Was all ordered and paid for by 2:01pm! Email received 2:01pm to.

Not sure how I could have been any quicker to be honest, maybe next time I will get one

Craftsman

Navigator

I'm sorry for everyone, including Eddie that was disappointed by not buying what they wanted today. I know there was only a limited amount of stock available too. I didn't even get to the payment page.

Just a thought...I believe that Eddie orders watches in batches of 300 in mixed dial colours?

As the Navigator is in high demand there may be twice that number of people who would like to place an order in the spring?

I would be happy to forward pay to guarantee a watch. A bit like the MKii business model. This way Eddie would be able to order a larger numbers of her popular models and dial colours with less financial risk and we wouldn't have the same rush to the gate approach to buy.

As I say just a thought.....

Happy holiday everyone and congratulations to those who bought what they were after today.

Apprentice

Thankful/Sorry

Feel very fortunate to have got order confirmation, but sorry to hear about over-ordering issue.
    If it's any consolation to those who missed out, the two purchases I've made this year (still aiming for 1 more Baby Dreadnought, for son, to add to one I got for my daughter), are long-term commitments.
    Until sales begin again, hang tight, best wishes for the next few weeks of COVID-19 restrictions (we are now firmly in our 4th wave in HK), and I hope 2021 is a wonderful year for everyone!
    Thanks Eddie for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I'm sorry for everyone, including Eddie that was disappointed by not buying what they wanted today. I know there was only a limited amount of stock available too. I didn't even get to the payment page.

Just a thought...I believe that Eddie orders watches in batches of 300 in mixed dial colours?

As the Navigator is in high demand there may be twice that number of people who would like to place an order in the spring?

I would be happy to forward pay to guarantee a watch. A bit like the MKii business model. This way Eddie would be able to order a larger numbers of her popular models and dial colours with less financial risk and we wouldn't have the same rush to the gate approach to buy.

As I say just a thought.....

Happy holiday everyone and congratulations to those who bought what they were after today.
    Eddie has never taken advance payments or deposits for his goods, and has stated many times that he won't.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    This way Eddie would be able to order a larger numbers of her popular models and dial colours with less financial risk and we wouldn't have the same rush to the gate approach to buy.
    I must have missed the gender realignment thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I must have missed the gender realignment thread!

I think, Eddie is prognosing (hoping?) that this craziness is not going to last forever.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

It just goes to show that this utube influencer lark, really does work!
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Looks like my order did make it through despite the four attempts needed to get the 'Add to Cart' key to actually add to cart and not tell me the site couldn't be reached, as I've just got a shipping notification which is again a surprise so soon.

Many many thanks again Eddie
    Last edited by Ed875; 30th November 2020 at 15:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Looks like my order did make it through despite the four attempts needed to get the 'Add to Cart' key to actually add to cart and not tell me the site couldn't be reached, as I've just got a shipping notification which is again a surprise so soon.

Many many thanks again Eddie
    I had my notification come through as well, so I am guessing any order in the first minute or so went through ok (apart from the over order issue)!

Sorry for all involved, buyers and Eddie.

Is there just a huge demand for TZ watches at the moment and is it spurred on by Lockdowns?

I'm working on a SOTC update (first in 3 years) and I've realised I've bought a lot of watches in 2020, compared with other years.

A lot of the time, there's little to do except trawl forums, YouTube videos and online shopping outlets and that's proved expensive.

Luckily for me, I've mainly spent at AliExpress and Komandirskie.com, so it's not been as bad as it might have been, but still! On the downside, I've not bought anything that'd be considered an investment (except my Helm Vanuatu, possibly).

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I had my notification come through as well, so I am guessing any order in the first minute or so went through ok (apart from the over order issue)!

I have an order notification for a black Navigator that is at 2pm (took 16 seconds to complete the process!) and no shipping notification yet so it probably isn't necessarily just the first minute orders.

Tomorrow?

Firstly, wow with the 16s. That must be a record. However did you manage that?!

Anyway it could also suggest that Eddie is handling the orders in a separate way and not necessarily by the order received time.

Again just my guess and only Eddie knows.

That said when I tried to place an order at 14:04 I received the holiday message.

Firstly, wow with the 16s. That must be a record. However did you manage that?!

Anyway it could also suggest that Eddie is handling the orders in a separate way and not necessarily by the order received time.

Again just my guess and only Eddie knows.

That said when I tried to place an order at 14:04 I received the holiday message.

The macbook pre filled in my address details and also the visa card so all I had to put in was the 3 digit security number and then bang it was all done

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    The macbook pre filled in my address details and also the visa card so all I had to put in was the 3 digit security number and then bang it was all done
    Nice.

So I got stuck with my transaction verification for just under a minute which got me to 14:01! Those SMSes take their time...

Craftsman
    Might be shipping by watch type rather than timeframe?

I'm in no hurry anyway - gives me more time to come up with an excuse to the missus as to why yet another watch has arrived at home. 'Um Eddie is giving them away to long standing members dear' probably won't cut the mustard.

That's the part of working in the office I miss. Packages not being delivered to home.

Apprentice
    Already received mine!

If I had to guess I would say publicising that you are going to open the shop at a specific time for a short period only generally means that you get a hoard of hungry punters all trying to order at the same time. This is pretty much a DoS attack so it’s not really surprising that the checkout software can’t cope. The only way I can think of to avoid this problem is to open randomly for short periods of time without publicly announcing when. Or leave the shop open all the time and only add small amounts of stock as and when you want to sell it.
    Last edited by Groundrush; 1st December 2020 at 11:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    If I had to guess I would say publicising that you are going to open the shop at a specific time for a short period only generally means that you get a hoard of hungry punters all trying to order at the same time. This is pretty much a DoS attack so it’s not really surprising that the checkout software can’t cope. The only way I can think of to avoid this problem is to open randomly for short periods of time without publicly announcing when.
    Now there’s an idea