TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by madsdrastrup View Post
    Already received mine!
    Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm in no hurry anyway - gives me more time to come up with an excuse to the missus as to why yet another watch has arrived at home. 'Um Eddie is giving them away to long standing members dear' probably won't cut the mustard.

UPS Tracking number provided for my Navigator so I'd best be coming up with those excuses to the missus particularly as a Grand Seiko is also due in tomorrow.....

UPS Tracking number provided for my Navigator so I'd best be coming up with those excuses to the missus particularly as a Grand Seiko is also due in tomorrow.....
    Surely this time of year you can use the... oh well I can’t say what’s in this parcel, you’ll have to wait and see.... line

Craftsman
    Glad we all do this

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Everest arrived today. A perfect pair!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    The only way I can think of to avoid this problem is to open randomly for short periods of time without publicly announcing when. Or leave the shop open all the time and only add small amounts of stock as and when you want to sell it.
    Personally, I think both of these alternatives would be way more inconvenient and frustrating for customers.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowe View Post
    Beautiful pair indeed!

I managed to get the Navigator and Everest as well.

About Navigator: as somebody mentioned, there is an intermittent beeping sound if watch is resting on a wooden surface. Initially I thought it has something to do with my speaker and the antimagnetic cover (not really an expert here... don't judge), but then it beeps even without anything around it. While writing this post I noticed that the Everest does it too. Curious.

And a question about Everest: when unscrewing the crown to the position A (as described in the included pamphlet) and while winding it, the feeling is almost "squeaky", like there is almost no lubrication in the threads and mechanism. Or maybe it is just my sensation, but the Navigator does not feel the same, I feel the mechanism turning while winding the Navigator. Could somebody describe how it is supposed to "feel"?

Thanks!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by agramainio View Post
    Beautiful pair indeed!

I managed to get the Navigator and Everest as well.

About Navigator: as somebody mentioned, there is an intermittent beeping sound if watch is resting on a wooden surface. Initially I thought it has something to do with my speaker and the antimagnetic cover (not really an expert here... don't judge), but then it beeps even without anything around it. While writing this post I noticed that the Everest does it too. Curious.

And a question about Everest: when unscrewing the crown to the position A (as described in the included pamphlet) and while winding it, the feeling is almost "squeaky", like there is almost no lubrication in the threads and mechanism. Or maybe it is just my sensation, but the Navigator does not feel the same, I feel the mechanism turning while winding the Navigator. Could somebody describe how it is supposed to "feel"?

Thanks!
    Thanks!

Winding the Everest surely isn´t as smooth as winding the Navigator. Haven't thought about it until you mentioned it. Maybe a difference between automatic and hand winding movements in general? Not an expert either though...

Quote Originally Posted by hkExplorer View Post
    unworn Baby Dreadnought for GPB300 + postage (selling because every time I look at it, it brings back sh**ty memories)
    Surely not the fact that you didn't get a watch you thought you were and an email to tell you, leaving you not out of pocket?

If so, probably time to take a look at your priorities... If ever there was a 1st world problem, that's it!

If something more serious, then fair enough.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    I love the picture..I have a Navigator and want the explorer too. The explorer looks smaller than the Navigator dial wise. Is that just an illusion based on the picture angle? I'd love to see more side by pics if you have some time.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I love the picture..I have a Navigator and want the explorer too. The explorer looks smaller than the Navigator dial wise. Is that just an illusion based on the picture angle? I'd love to see more side by pics if you have some time.
    I don't have any more pictures. As much as I wanted to like the Everest it just didn't do it for me. Had it for a couple of weeks, but it left me cold and I ended up selling. The Navigator on the other hand is an exceptional watch IMO. Size, legibility, accuracy, how it wears - it's close to perfect.

Visually, as I remember the Navigator did seem a tad larger than the Everest, though in the photo I think it's more due to the angle of the shot.

The explorer is very tasteful indeed..

Craftsman
    Thanks for the feedback on the explorer. I think its one of the best 1016 homages but i haven't got hold of one yet. I also like the super rare incipio 1016 homage which a domed crystal and eta movement. The Navigator feels to me too like a step up in build and design proportion from the other time factors watches I've tried.

I don't have any more pictures. As much as I wanted to like the Everest it just didn't do it for me. Had it for a couple of weeks, but it left me cold and I ended up selling. The Navigator on the other hand is an exceptional watch IMO. Size, legibility, accuracy, how it wears - it's close to perfect.

Visually, as I remember the Navigator did seem a tad larger than the Everest, though in the photo I think it's more due to the angle of the shot.