closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mike Tyson VS Roy Jones Jr

Mike Tyson VS Roy Jones Jr

Two legends of the sport, in their 50`s now and only an 8 round exhibition this weekend with no judges, no winner, no crowd and no knockout rule.

But its Mike Tyson so its probably safe to say that he will go bezerk and try to take out Roy who wont take kindly to that.

Also Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce tonight in the UK so a good weekend for boxing fans.

If not your thing then the UK championship Snooker starts its live coverage today on BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Two legends of the sport, in their 50`s now and only an 8 round exhibition this weekend with no judges, no winner, no crowd and no knockout rule.

But its Mike Tyson so its probably safe to say that he will go bezerk and try to take out Roy who wont take kindly to that.

Also Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce tonight in the UK so a good weekend for boxing fans.

If not your thing then the UK championship Snooker starts its live coverage today on BBC.
    Am I right in saying there are YouTube fighters on the undercard? I agree re Tyson. I think he may injure Jones badly.

looking at the buildup for this i reckon tyson wont be treating it as an exhibition match.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Am I right in saying there are YouTube fighters on the undercard? I agree re Tyson. I think he may injure Jones badly.
    Yes Jake Paul vs. Nate Robinson. Could be a good laugh that one or just cringe worthy to watch. Apparently a year of trash talk between the two lol

What time/PPV is the fight on?
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    What time/PPV is the fight on?
    2am I think

Is it Ppv ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Is it Ppv ?
    Yep, BT Sport Box Office

Quote Originally Posted by bigup View Post
    Yep, BT Sport Box Office
    Saves me watching it then lol

Craftsman
    I will most likely watch the fight out of curiosity but personally I wish they both stayed in retirement. Boxing is a young mans sport. Whilst they are both in great shape for their age I doubt theuir punch resistance and durability is like it use to be!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    I will most likely watch the fight out of curiosity but personally I wish they both stayed in retirement. Boxing is a young mans sport. Whilst they are both in great shape for their age I doubt theuir punch resistance and durability is like it use to be!
    Tyson looks remarkable when you compare him to how he looked 10 years ago when he got quite adipose, but he doesn’t look a thing like he did ‘back in the day’. Also, he’s clearly mellowed and has different priorities nowadays, so although I’m sure he’s incredibly driven and motivated, he won’t be anything like he used to be. I’m still excited to see the match.

I wished they’d put Tyson in with that YouTube one; that would be a (very quick) fight worth watching.

I am betting on Tyson! Still a powerful man even at his age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a Tyson fan since the '80s. I have a grandson named after him, too!

Tyson looks in better shape actually. RJJ for me is one of the greatest fighters ever and I'd put him right up there with Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Mayweather Jr. He weighed in at 210lbs and looks just too heavy to use his speed to full advantage. I know most people think Tyson will win easily and could do him damage but 9 rounds at their age is a long fight and both will tire and I think Roy definitely has a chance if it goes on to later rounds.

Boxing like F1 feels like it is a historical relic - this does nothing to dispel that idea.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Tell that to Evander Holyfield, George Foreman, Sasha Povetkin etc! Plenty of old geezers doing a solid job in the heavyweight division over the years. Having said that though, the bout tonight is nothing more than an exhibition fight and should be treated as such.

Jones has been active far more recently and is also younger and the better boxer. So you have to favour him.

However, I think the pair of them will be staggering around like some of those It's a Knockout characters from the 1970's by round 6 if they try to make a contest out of it.