closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SARB 033 on watch winder issue?

Seiko SARB 033 on watch winder issue?

I have a watch winder for 6 watches. I've set it to wind 650 times a day both directions intermittently. Got Rolex, Tudor, Zenith & SARB 033 on it.

Problem is the SARB 033 doesn't seem to be winding as it generally consistently stops after a while even though the winder is rotating without any problems.

All the other watches are fine, so is there a problem with the movement? The watch was bought new 5 years ago and worn in rotation with my other pieces.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

How long after taking off the winder does it stop and is it fully wound before going on the winder?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Yes its definitely fully wound up and it stops at or around 2days

If you wear it does it stay wound?

I forgot to say, the watch is still on the winder and the winder is doing its thing but it still stops.

The longest continuous time I've worn the watch was around 5 days and yes it would be still working after I put it in the winder

So is the winder running in both directions? What options are available to you for the number of TPD?

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I have a watch winder for 6 watches. I've set it to wind 650 times a day both directions intermittently. ...
    Orbita have a useful database of winder settings for various watch models and movements, which suggests the 6R15 needs 650-950 TPD - bidirectional, so you don't appear to be doing anything wrong there.

Perhaps at 5 years old it simply needs servicing?

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I have a watch winder for 6 watches. I've set it to wind 650 times a day both directions intermittently. Got Rolex, Tudor, Zenith & SARB 033 on it.

Problem is the SARB 033 doesn't seem to be winding as it generally consistently stops after a while even though the winder is rotating without any problems.

All the other watches are fine, so is there a problem with the movement? The watch was bought new 5 years ago and worn in rotation with my other pieces.

Might the movement/oil be causing the problem? I have a Seiko SARB I bought likewise about 6 or so years ago, after about 2 years of ownership the timekeeping was all over the place it turns out the oils were dried up and after a full service it was working just fine. I think these watches may have been sat around for years before they were sold perhaps thats the problem with yours.

After the lockdown I might look at getting it serviced.

When you slowly rotate the watch in your hands, is the weight doing its job and resists the rotation (keeps 'falling' down)?