Reading through the GOAT thread a few posters reference brilliant individual goals they've witnessed so I was wondering which is the best you've seen and why?

For me it was the first match I ever saw Reading play back in March 1976. I'd only moved to the area in the January of 76 and became pals with a lad called Paul who attended the same secondary school that I'd just joined. His dad had a spare pair of tickets for the Tranmere game and asked if we'd like to go and watch with him. Paul was a regular at Elm Park with his dad so I tagged along with them and witnessed a goal I've never seen bettered. We were in the main stand, Reading were already 2-0 up and the ball was launched high towards Robin Friday who was on the corner of the penalty box, he jumped up and took the ball on his chest, span around through 180 degrees whilst airborne, still with the ball on his chest and dropped it onto his left foot and volleyed it into the top corner of the net. It was an absolutely phenomenal goal and nobody could believe their eyes, even the ref was applauding it. Friday ran behind the goal to celebrate, saw a policeman applauding and promptly kissed him, although I have to say I didn't see that as I was going nuts in the stands! I did read about it in the local papers afterwards and there was also a comment from the ref that day (Clive Thomas) who said he'd refereed at World Cup matches, seen the likes of Best, Pele and Cruyff score but that goal from Friday he rated as the best he'd ever seen. After the match he asked Friday what on earth was he doing playing at that level (the old Div4) and Friday said "You ought to comedown more often, I score 'em like that all the time!".