closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai help

Journeyman

Panerai help

So I’m about to pick up my first Panerai and found a PAM01084 for €4K new from
    an AD. I would prefer the PAM0076 but it is full price of €5400 in the AD , my preference for this is the panerai name written above the base logo.is this the only difference between the two models ?

Google is your friend here. The research bit of choosing your next watch is all part of buying experience for me.

If your memory isn’t great then use something like a spreadsheet to note the differences down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Does it have to be new? Do you prefer a painted / sausage dial over a sandwich dial?

For me I just have an issue with the snap back cases of the new models, nothing wrong with them i suppose i just think a 300m Pam is what it should be. Why not look around for a 111 / 112, if you like the logo a 000 / 001, if you like titanium a 176 / 177. 590 is also hard to beat.

Of the 2 you are looking at I'd go with the least expensive. Is it Weirs??

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    Google is your friend here. The research bit of choosing your next watch is all part of buying experience for me.

If your memory isn’t great then use something like a spreadsheet to note the differences down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have obviously google’d with no clear answer , hence asking here as I thought someone may be able to help. I’m trying to establish is the only difference between the 2 the written name over the base logo on one.it does appear so as same movement and case .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nev View Post

Of the 2 you are looking at I'd go with the least expensive. Is it Weirs??
    Yes it’s in weirs and I think the 1084 is better value seen as both watches are so similar ,neither have sandwich dials or 300m wr as you mention but at €5400 on Panerai site and €3960 after black Friday discount online it seems a good deal.Ive ordered it now so hopefully be happy with it when I collect

Master
    The panerai source webpage will give you all the information you require.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scwazrh View Post
    Yes it’s in weirs and I think the 1084 is better value seen as both watches are so similar ,neither have sandwich dials or 300m wr as you mention but at €5400 on Panerai site and €3960 after black Friday discount online it seems a good deal.Ive ordered it now so hopefully be happy with it when I collect
    You will be a happy camper. and it will not be your last, you have now been bitten by the Panerai bug!!

Now, straps, you will need many.................Vintager, Toshi, Corrigia, Mays, Kostas, Cordes, Aguilar, Orloff, Hurricane 13...............to name but a few. Good luck, and more importantly enjoy!! :-)