closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is this worthy of a villain thread?

Threaded View

Is this worthy of a villain thread?

I thought I would ask here before naming the “buyer” as sometimes villain threads turn out for the worst. Here is a summary of the events over 10 days. I believe I’ve gone above and beyond to satisfy the buyers requests and have lost buyers for this over £5000 sale as told them it was sold. Is this worthy of a villain thread?

• Buyer asked for additional high res photos.
    • I respond asking for their number so I can whatsapp them.
    • Buyer responds with his number asking me to try and capture the dial colour.
    • I send the buyer 35 details photos.
    • Buyer asked for additional photos showing dial colour.
    • I send additional photos including one of another brown dial speedy I have for comparison.
    • Buyer makes me an offer £5000 cash (head only) for the watch and asked me to take some photos of both speedys next to each other.
    • I mention to the buyer that the other speedy isn’t with me buy at my deposit box and ill collect it for the additional photos.
    • I go to my deposit box and collect the other brown speedy as well as another speedy for the 90’s where the dial hasn’t aged. Send additional comparison photos to the buyer.
    • Buyer makes another offer £5200 (head only) and also requests inner case, movement photos and service history.
    • I reply regarding the service history and suggest a price of £5400.
    • Buyer makes a counter offer of £5275.
    • Buyer makes another offer 21 minutes later of £5300 subject to movement photo.
    • I send photo and accept his offer of £5300 and let him know my location.
    • Buyer replies that the deal is done and he will get back to me when he has moved the funds for the transfer. He also asked for more photos and tells me he is actually in northern Ireland.
    • I tell him I wasn’t expecting to post it and didn’t want the responsibility but an option would be DHL but will be expensive.
    • Buyer replies that he is happy with special delivery and it's his call.
    • Buyer asked for additional photos this time with a copy of a trash newspaper.
    • I reply I don’t have any newspapers here.
    • Buyer asked for additional photos with paper again and confirms the deal is done.
    • Buyer asked for my closest airport.
    • I inform the buyer of the closest airport and tell him I don’t have a newspaper.
    • Buyer tells me to buy a newspaper.
    • I pick up the sun and send the buyer the photos as requested.
    • Buyer says money will be in his account by the end of the week and asked for the closest airport again.
    • I reply letting buyer know the closest airport.
    • Buyer asked for my bank details and also asked me to look into postage for £5000.
    • I reply letting the buyer know that the watch would have no insurance if it was insured for £5000.
    • Buyer says he doesn’t understand.
    • I tell him that as the sale is for £5300 insuring it for £5000 will mean thee is no payout as you can’t underinsure.
    • Buyer informs me there is a lack of trust and pulls out of the deal.
    • I ask the buyer what has happened and let him know I’ve done everything requested including buying the Sun.
    Last edited by mr.chef; 26th November 2020 at 12:44.