closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tips for a Timefactors Watch Purchase Needed

Tips for a Timefactors Watch Purchase Needed

Hi,
    For the first time, I’m thinking of making a Timefactors purchase this Sunday and so need some tips on what to do to get organised in order to try and make a successful purchase during the brief shop opening?

PS, Don’t tell anyone else!!

Grand Master
    Get everyone in your road to log on too and you might get one........but probably wont.

Sign up with your local AD for an in-demand sports Rolex - more chances of that than running the TF lottery.

P.S. If you have your heart set on TF, I seem to remember reading that overseas buyers have more luck (a weekend break away perhaps?).

Go on line and complete all your details, you don’t want to get that potential e-bay listing into the basket only to lose it whilst you fluff around trying to remember where you live.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Use your device to pre load your details like name and address etc to speed up things once in the basket.

Log into the site before opening and register now if you haven't already, load up the watch page you want and start refreshing a little early just in case.

And cross your fingers! Good luck

Thank you to all that have made a helpful comment. Fingers crossed!

Journeyman
    Hi PeterT,

I've managed to pick up 4 watches out of 5 attempts (and the failure was my error in something rather than taking too long) and I'm in the UK so it can be done.

I bought one from my phone but all the others from my laptop, I find it's much easier on a full keyboard than a phone.

Be on the page of the watch you want 5 minutes before opening time and keep pressing F5....as soon as the shop opens the add to cart button becomes available. I checkout and complete the address and payment details and am usually completed with 1-2 minutes.

I don't have anything pre-filled but I presume you can have card details auto populate (especially on a mobile device) and this can speed things up too.

The rest is just quick typing, I'm pretty fast on the keyboard and I think it's here that a few of our members probably struggle and where those *banker* eBay scalpers swoop in so if you aren't a moderately quick typist maybe rope someone in to do this.

Failing this, Sales Corner is always an option, I've seen a few unworn or nearly new models at pretty much RRP, there are still lots of people who aren't here just to scalp and you can always put a WTB if you fail a few attempts.

Check the Time Factors Watches part of the forum, there's a long running thread where this is all discussed.

Good luck for tomorrow, the TF's are great watches especially at their price point, I love all of mine! Don't be put off and persevere with it a few times, it's worth it!
    Last edited by 765 RS; 15th July 2023 at 10:24.

When you’ve done everything you can up front, set up your account, entered all your details in advance etc, you can guarantee that your bank will decide that this is the transaction that they require extra checks for.

Master
    Did you get one @PeterT ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=NigeG;6244599]Did you get one @PeterT ? QUOTE]

Thank you for the extra tips for success.

I was thwarted but not for the expected reason.
    My son came round in the morning with two anti roll bar bushes in his hand for a Golf GTi that I bought in 1998 and apparently it was “essential” that I helped him with the installation.
    He is an avid watch fan and was fully onboard when I told him about my mission.

The job went quite well and I kept an eye on the clock.
    Then all of a sudden time jumped forward and it was 2.09pm!!!!!
    Drat and so it will have to be next time but we are on the Scilly Isles for a holiday.

Anyone know what the Internet is like there? I’ll only have my phone and Sod’s Law, I’ll be on a boat or on a remote island at the critical time!!

Master
    [QUOTE=PeterT;6246264]
    Quote Originally Posted by NigeG View Post
    Did you get one @PeterT ? QUOTE]

Thank you for the extra tips for success.

I was thwarted but not for the expected reason.
    My son came round in the morning with two anti roll bar bushes in his hand for a Golf GTi that I bought in 1998 and apparently it was “essential” that I helped him with the installation.
    He is an avid watch fan and was fully onboard when I told him about my mission.

The job went quite well and I kept an eye on the clock.
    Then all of a sudden time jumped forward and it was 2.09pm!!!!!
    Drat and so it will have to be next time but we are on the Scilly Isles for a holiday.

Anyone know what the Internet is like there? I’ll only have my phone and Sod’s Law, I’ll be on a boat or on a remote island at the critical time!!
    Oh dear! It’ll be worth the wait

No idea if Tinterweb works well on the Scilly Isles or not. I can tell you that Timefactors site works fine if you’re using 4G from a mobile. Bought a PRS-25 Everest that way a few years back whilst the other half was shopping and I was stood outside with the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk