closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Marloe Coniston Black LE (500) for Black Friday

Craftsman

New Marloe Coniston Black LE (500) for Black Friday

It looks like Marloe are upping their game a bit with this new limited edition, Coniston Black, with subtle polishing and texturing on this classy black dial, and the Miyota 8N33 movement (manual wound), for £329.00. I think it has a lot of appeal. More at https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/p...-black-edition.

That is absolute stunner and a bargain at that price. I bet these go quickly.

Journeyman
    Love the look of this. Can anyone say how big the Coniston wears? I’ve got a few of Eddie’s finest 40mms and my 6.75in wrists can just about carry them off. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    Love the look of this. Can anyone say how big the Coniston wears? I’ve got a few of Eddie’s finest 40mms and my 6.75in wrists can just about carry them off. Thx
    I would suggest that it will wear big due to the dial size and small bezel area.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    It looks like Marloe are upping their game a bit with this new limited edition, Coniston Black, with subtle polishing and texturing on this classy black dial, and the Miyota 8N33 movement (manual wound), for £329.00. I think it has a lot of appeal. More at https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/p...-black-edition.

I do like that, and wasn't family with them, will take a closer look now!

Master
    In my eyes it’s fit got quite a 1920’s Art Deco look about it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I would suggest that it will wear big due to the dial size and small bezel area.
    Arguably a good thing, for real wrist presence.

Arguably a good thing, for real wrist presence.
    Absolutely, I think even Marloe describe it as a smaller watch with a big presence due to the larger dial area.

Seriously tempted to jump in on Friday.

Looks a belter!

Will probably throw my hat in Friday

+1 from me. All I have to do is remember on Friday definitely a stunner tho.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    I’m persuaded! Will definitely be buying at noon tomorrow. Think this may go quickly. Good update here:

https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/b...ring-the-storm

with some handsome-looking watches in the pipeline

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    I’m persuaded! Will definitely be buying at noon tomorrow. Think this may go quickly. Good update here:

https://www.marloewatchcompany.com/b...ring-the-storm

with some handsome-looking watches in the pipeline
    Why noon tomorrow - is that when they go on sale?

I was going to order first thing.

Journeyman
    Yes, noon tomorrow GMT according to the email I got this week (after registering with them).

Anyone bought one yet?

I see they have sold 75 in just over 3.5 hours. I was hoping someone would buy my G-Shock on SC that would pay for this or that e-bay would do a £1 listing this weekend and neither of these have happened, so I haven't jumped yet.

Keeping an eye on the numbers and if they look like selling out it will be squeaky bum time

I ordered number 099. I was hoping to get 065 but I didn't get to order until just before 4pm.

Will post some pictures whenever it arrives.
    Free DHL shipping btw.

Well done. I wanted Number 16, but missed that.

Stunning watch, wife had a look and said that's a nice looking watch. Replied I'm thinking of buying it, well would you like me to buy it for you for Christmas. Well that's an offer I cannot refuse. Just need to be home when it arrives otherwise i won't see it until Christmas and one needs to try it on!

That's a must look's like it's not being posted until at least Monday as I've had no update but I think it's worth the wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saracen View Post
    Stunning watch, wife had a look and said that's a nice looking watch. Replied I'm thinking of buying it, well would you like me to buy it for you for Christmas. Well that's an offer I cannot refuse. Just need to be home when it arrives otherwise i won't see it until Christmas and one needs to try it on!

Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    That's a must look's like it's not being posted until at least Monday as I've had no update but I think it's worth the wait.

I was hoping as soon as I placed the order that an email would pop up and say your order has been despatched. Oh well I suppose waiting is part of the fun/exciting of buying a watch online. I do agree that it will definitely be worth the wait.

Got the email this afternoon so hopefully tomorrow as I'm off work but should be no later than Wednesday as it's supposed to be delivered within 48hrs.

Really looking forward to it

Be nice to see some real life wrist shots when they arrive. I haven't ordered yet, but I don't think they have sold more than 150 out of the 500 so no rush just yet.

Craftsman
    Did anyone enter the competition to win one of these? It would be amazing if someone on here actually won!

lol I didn't even know their was one or I would of entered. I just went to the website when I got back from work and clicked buy.
    Did anyone enter the competition to win one of these? It would be amazing if someone on here actually won!

I had a go, but the chances of winning are very slim indeed. Will of course report back if I'm lucky.

Got the email this afternoon so hopefully tomorrow as I'm off work but should be no later than Wednesday as it's supposed to be delivered within 48hrs.

Really looking forward to it

Had an email from DHL yesterday evening to say the watch would be delivered no later than Tuesday evening. So hopefully when I get home after work today it should have arrived.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

OK So here it is after just arriving.
    Comes with a nice booklet that I'll look at later / never probably
    Quite comfortable on the wrist (7.5 inch for me) but I will most lightly change the strap, so I preserve the original.
    I'll report back tomorrow with time keeping as it shows +12 out of the box fully wound but unworn of course.

Lume shot http://imgur.com/a/lbxVhV5
    Last edited by sickie; 1st December 2020 at 16:38.

Craftsman
    It is a lovely looking watch. I never thought a black dial would appeal to me. Marloe are showing some classy design skills.

Just received mine. Was very well packaged with a nice presentation box and booklet. Had to put it back in the box and give it to the wife so she can wrap it for Christmas. Overall very impressed now just have to wait.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Well after 18hrs on the wrist it's lost 1 second. As it's none hacking when I set it yesterday it was 25 seconds ahead of the computer and after checking this morning it now only 24 seconds ahead. So at an average of say - 2 seconds a day that's very good in my book.

Wow. So after just over 42hrs of wearing it it has still only lost 1 second. Absolutely amazed at that. It's the best hand wind watch I've ever owned in terms of time keeping.

Master

What a terrific design. Looking at the Marloe website, I hope this British company goes from strength to strength. And I prefer Marloe's design language over Christopher Ward's!

Craftsman
    I had originally looked at this model but just couldn't get over the can with a lid look because of the round case, almost no bezel and a flat crystal.

I get what you mean but honestly the more I ware it the more I think it suits it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I had originally looked at this model but just couldn't get over the can with a lid look because of the round case, almost no bezel and a flat crystal.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    What a terrific design. Looking at the Marloe website, I hope this British company goes from strength to strength. And I prefer Marloe's design language over Christopher Ward's!
    Yes, Marloe seem to have a coherent style, whereas CW are all over the place.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if anyone else bought and what those who own think of them after a few months. I was looking on e-bay before at old sales to get a feel for used prices and noticed Number 99 from this thread was sold.

The Black limited edition watch is still available from Marloe with about 150 out of the 500 left, so no immediate rush, but I have been saying that for a couple of months now.

That was mine.
    I sold it just simply because I didn't wear it other than testing it over 24hrs on the wrist and it was spot on but as nice as it looks I would never of really worn it.
    Just another one of the ooh that's lovely buys then realising I won't wear it.
    The new owner loves it though so at least they were happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Thought I'd resurrect this thread to see if anyone else bought and what those who own think of them after a few months. I was looking on e-bay before at old sales to get a feel for used prices and noticed Number 99 from this thread was sold.

The Black limited edition watch is still available from Marloe with about 150 out of the 500 left, so no immediate rush, but I have been saying that for a couple of months now.
    Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

That was mine.
    I sold it just simply because I didn't wear it other than testing it over 24hrs on the wrist and it was spot on but as nice as it looks I would never of really worn it.
    Just another one of the ooh that's lovely buys then realising I won't wear it.
    The new owner loves it though so at least they were happy.
    That's interesting and a shame really that you didn't list it on SC, but all good if the buyer is happy. I very nearly jumped in on the Blue Coniston that appeared on SC this week.

After flipping too many watches over the years I am trying to be ultra critical before buying anything new and haven't convinced myself yet on this one, although it does look a lot of watch for the money, I have to say.

Only reason it didn't reach SC was because I couldn't post there at the time. I think I was still a month short of the 6 month requirement at the time.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

In case anyone missed out on these, I've listed one on SC this evening: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Black-Edition