closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Make your own watch (ish)

Make your own watch (ish)

Apologies if this has been posted before but its being popping up on my Instagram the last couple of days and looks quite interesting

https://diywatch.club/

Think the brass tacks of it is they send you all the parts , & tools and you follow a tutorial building your self a watch - (something I have always been interested in doing)

Has anybody tried it ?
    Last edited by cliffrichard; 24th November 2020 at 23:49.

Master
    Their forum should give an idea how easy it is: https://forum.diywatch.club/

I've not tried it but I might put a kit on my Christmas list!

Nice looking watches. I'm building an SKX mod at the moment. Part of the fun is trying to find the various parts that fit on the internet. It is an expensive way of doing it but good fun. These look like a good option.

Craftsman
    An intriguing idea. Most of their kits are sold out, so they must be doing something right. However, I thought the DIY part of it was a bit simplistic - the movement seems to be supplied already assembled.

Craftsman
    Hi there. I’ve done it. It teaches some fairly basic things: (1) fitting the dial, chapter ring and hands to the movement; (2) fitting the movement in the case. It’s not particularly complex but makes for a satisfying couple of hours. When I posted about it a couple of months ago I got some useful guidance. I would suggest you can have a better experience buying your own bits and following the many free videos on YouTube. That way the watch you end up with is truly yours.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app