closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thermal Socks.....what do we know ?

Journeyman
    Also having problems with Nordic. I ordered 15 pairs from them on 5th December and still no sign of them. Chased them beginning of last week and was told they had been dispatched. I checked the tracking yesterday and it is still saying they haven't received them yet!
    Tempted to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I bought some of these socks and yes, delivery was exceptionally slow. They do look okay and no problems with loose/hanging elastic as others have mentioned.

Worse thing about them (and I bought 'mountain' and normal styles) is they feel very coarse and uncomfortable, as if made with string - not soft at all. Strangely not noticeable when wearing shoes/boots but just around the house. May well become softer when worn in and washed with softener. Not especially warm either.

Overall not the luxurious soft and warm socks I was expecting but okay at the price I suppose.

Aaagh. That really annoys me now.

Not turning up at all would be bad enough but turning up and being just a bit rubbish will be worse.

That means I'll have to look at them everyday in my sock drawer ... laughing at me for my gullibility.

As Alan Partridge would say "sub human scum".

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

This thread is getting better and better. Has anyone ordered and received some socks that they're actually happy with? I'm still keen but obviously cautious. CHUP socks any good?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This thread is getting better and better. Has anyone ordered and received some socks that they're actually happy with? I'm still keen but obviously cautious. CHUP socks any good?
    These arrived last week and are very soft and good quality

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083ZGHF...p_mob_ap_share

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yes - see post #49 - I'm happy with the quality and the price, they just took nearly 3 weeks to arrive.

To those that have a tracking email from Nordicsocks that says "we're still waiting for your parcel..." don't worry... it still said that on the day that they were delivered !

Falke merino wool trekking socks.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I really like these

DANISH ENDURANCE Outdoor Walking Socks in Merino Wool for Men Women & Children, Hiking & Trekking, Work, 3 Pack Calf Socks in Brown, Red, Green, Blue, Grey, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0744KNY...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    I really like these

DANISH ENDURANCE Outdoor Walking Socks in Merino Wool for Men Women & Children, Hiking & Trekking, Work, 3 Pack Calf Socks in Brown, Red, Green, Blue, Grey, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0744KNY...ing=UTF8&psc=1
    Can't comment on the Endurance socks as such but I have the Danish Cycling socks (what ever that really means ) and they are really good quality.

Also from our friends at Amazon.

Craftsman
    Ordered 10 pairs from Ice Socks on 7th Dec (look same/similar to Nordic) and still waiting. Lots of emails to say they're on the way though!

Posted early in the thread about the Danish walking socks and I’ve now got few other styles (lightweight walking, athletic and running) - a drawerful TBH and they’re all good!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Oh dear…. I recommended them and have brought some more on the back of the ones I had which are well made and very comfortable - I have some on feet now…. I liked the designs and they are pretty warm…

I am so sorry that others have had a poor experience :-(

I ordered mine Black Friday and they still have turned up…
    Sorry Wolfie, I wasn't getting at you (and, as noted, at least mine arrived). You were simply giving feedback based on your actual experience (I should have researched better). For me, it's not all bad, I am wearing them, and they are quite toasty. [Hope your BF order arrives, assuming you meant it hadn't.]

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Oh dear…. I recommended them and have brought some more on the back of the ones I had which are well made and very comfortable - I have some on feet now…. I liked the designs and they are pretty warm…

I am so sorry that others have had a poor experience :-(

I ordered mine Black Friday and they still have turned up…
    I also ordered mine (5 for me, 5 for Mrs D) on Black Friday. They arrived after about 10 days or so (as they said they would). I'm happy with them, and more importantly so is Mrs D. Perhaps I don't have the same expectations as others, but these are warm, comfortable socks - which is basically what we wanted and expected.

Falke, Danish Endurance merino socks - seem a bit economical with the merino content considering how they are marketed.

I've bought and receievd Nordic socks.

You can never really judge until you see how well they wear, but I'm perfectly happy with them so far.

Craftsman
    +1 for the Uniqlo Heatgear socks. Pretty good if you want something warm that is not too chunky to wear with normal shoes. Their range of Heatgear Thermals is very good as well.

For a chunkier sock, I've worn Heat Holders for the last 5 winters and they are pretty good. The wife likes hers as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Sorry Wolfie, I wasn't getting at you (and, as noted, at least mine arrived). You were simply giving feedback based on your actual experience (I should have researched better). For me, it's not all bad, I am wearing them, and they are quite toasty. [Hope your BF order arrives, assuming you meant it hadn't.]
    Glad you’re getting some use out of them

My BF deal turned (4 sets) up and are under various trees…. I checked them all carefully and no issues with elastic on them…

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I also ordered mine (5 for me, 5 for Mrs D) on Black Friday. They arrived after about 10 days or so (as they said they would). I'm happy with them, and more importantly so is Mrs D. Perhaps I don't have the same expectations as others, but these are warm, comfortable socks - which is basically what we wanted and expected.
    I got some more for me…. With the BF deal worked out around £3.50 a pair…. Warm and woolly and I like the design

I do feel bad that others got slow duds though…
    Last edited by Wolfie; 24th December 2020 at 11:36.

Well they've arrived. And to be fair to Nordicsocks it was exactly 16 days after ordering as per the advice (6-16 days) but that's still pretty poor compared to modern standards.

All would be forgiven if the socks were good but like others have mentioned they are really quite average. Some nice patterns but there's a clear lack of quality with loose threads, faded colours and a generally below par feel about them.

Yes it's a first world problem but just feel a bit let down when I could have gone to a dozen other retailers who would have provided more for less.

Lesson learned.