closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eddie's on ebay thread.

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...=smiths+prs+25

15 Everests for sale, most of them brand new.
    Should be easy to map at least half of them to the forum.

Apprentice
    Holy crap, it would seem that the silent majority here have quietly listed their Everests for sale on eBay.

Master
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...=smiths+prs+25

I wonder how many of the sellers are members here? They’re being bought to flip for profit.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I wonder how many of the sellers are members here? They’re being bought to flip for profit.
    The only real way to know when to buy these is by watching this discussion board.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    The only real way to know when to buy these is by watching this discussion board.
    That’s not true; if you’ve signed up to receive emails from Timefactors then you’ll get email notification of the shop opening without being a member or viewer of TZ-UK.

There’s no telling how many, if any of the watches listed on eBay are being sold by members on here. I’m sure Raffe could find out (if he wanted to) but it’s not a given that they’re all members here.

And 15 out of however many Eddie has sold so far isn’t a huge percentage.

Genius idea...

Eddie should release his watches on eBay

(at least some of them, perhaps early access)

He can list N units for sale,
    everyone bids, top bidder pays the most and then Eddie can offer the other units down the ladder at whatever people bid using the "Second Chance Offer" feature.

Obviously the reserve or minimum price is at least what Eddie will offer them at during general release, maybe a little more to cover any fees etc.

Details on Second Chance Offer feature
    https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/li...offers?id=4142

This would seem to be an efficient (and profitable) pricing / distribution strategy and take off some of the speculation and steam from the market.

He could release N = 10 or 20 units... whatever.... each week for 3-4 weeks in advance of the general release perhaps, whatever number he can comfortably manage in batches.
    Last edited by redhed18; 23rd February 2021 at 17:44.

RE: the PRS_25 on eBay now

Some of those for sale are earlier models, either the block SMITHS or the 2nd last generation (without the bevelled hands etc)
    I can understand people selling those if they hope to trade up, or if they want to capitalize on the fever...

"Surprise, you didn't pay attention and bought an old watch"

One thing I noticed was that a lot of sellers will only ship to the UK.

So international buyers either need to use a re-shipping service, or it leaves room for someone ELSE in the UK to buy it and then profit on the international market.
    Last edited by redhed18; 23rd February 2021 at 17:42.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

And 15 out of however many Eddie has sold so far isn’t a huge percentage.
    Exactly. I don't believe there is a huge problem. The business model works well for TF. Most people can get the watch they want. TF watches are still listed on SC, and some sell quickly and others don't. I've bought and sold three TimeFactors models. All were listed on SC first, two sold on SC and the third didn't and was sold on eBay.

A few people sell watches for a heavy markup on Ebay, but it is a very small number. If you factor in the 15% fees of Ebay and PayPal most of the sellers on eBay aren't even making that much. I admit there are a few listed with crazy mark up.

Surprising no one has taken this Gilt with the Buy It Now at 675 GBP,
    but maybe that is because the seller only ships to UK...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-EV...MAAOSwLURgM30S

Post deleted:

Will just point out, there are 119 people watching one of the Gilt on eBay right now.
    Last edited by redhed18; 23rd February 2021 at 23:23.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Post deleted:

Will just point out, there are 119 people watching one of the Gilt on eBay right now.
    Are 118 of them curious people on this thread? :)

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Are 118 of them curious people on this thread? :)
    I was just trying to interpret some data to see how many people didn't get through.

Estimated maybe only 60% of orders were successful...
    Last edited by redhed18; 24th February 2021 at 15:56.

Surprising no one has taken this Gilt with the Buy It Now at 675 GBP,
    but maybe that is because the seller only ships to UK...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-EV...MAAOSwLURgM30S
    Very frustrating to not be able to get one from Eddie, I am loathe to pay these people such a mark up. I have emailed a few to ask why they are selling on ebay and not relisting on TZ and the answers are hilarious. One joker said, not enough posts to sell on SC, one said he didnt think there would be the right market, FFS! No one begrudges a profit but double your money, really!

Quote Originally Posted by kibrisjason View Post
    Very frustrating to not be able to get one from Eddie, I am loathe to pay these people such a mark up. I have emailed a few to ask why they are selling on ebay and not relisting on TZ and the answers are hilarious. One joker said, not enough posts to sell on SC, one said he didnt think there would be the right market, FFS! No one begrudges a profit but double your money, really!
    If you’re going to go greedy, you may as well go big!

Craftsman
    I saw ad ad on ebay a few weeks ago (you guys probably saw it as well) for one of the Timefactors watches and the seller had some serious axe to grind with this forum. He even went as far to state that he would not sell to anyone who was a member here and if he suspected that a potential buyer/bidder was a member that he would cancel the bid!! Some people!

I didn't see the final sale go through as I do not want to deal with someone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    I saw ad ad on ebay a few weeks ago (you guys probably saw it as well) for one of the Timefactors watches and the seller had some serious axe to grind with this forum. He even went as far to state that he would not sell to anyone who was a member here and if he suspected that a potential buyer/bidder was a member that he would cancel the bid!! Some people!

I didn't see the final sale go through as I do not want to deal with someone like that.
    Makes you wonder why, if he hates the place so much he bought the blinking watch then!

Makes you wonder why, if he hates the place so much he bought the blinking watch then!
    To make money
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Don't pay the high prices. That's for mugs, and encourages more of the same.

No disrespect meant here, but no-one has to own these watches. Just wait until they come up on SC. At least you should get them at a better price.

Master
    Isn't it the case that Eddie is now shipping more than he was, so would have thought that the shortage will diminish along with the premiums on Ebay. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Isn't it the case that Eddie is now shipping more than he was, so would have thought that the shortage will diminish along with the premiums on Ebay. Or not.
    Not really, his shop is still only opening fir a few minutes at a time so don’t expect things to settle Finn any time soon.

To make matters worse, there’s a number of exciting new watches in the pipeline which will no doubt be in high demand.

Journeyman
    I offered 325 for one of the current ebay batch earlier.
    Needless to say it was immediately rejected

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    Don't pay the high prices. That's for mugs, and encourages more of the same.

No disrespect meant here, but no-one has to own these watches. Just wait until they come up on SC. At least you should get them at a better price.
    Whilst i completely agree with you, i was hoping that the Everest wasn’t going to go the same way as a GMT, for difficulty in trying to obtain one at near list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman53 View Post
    I offered 325 for one of the current ebay batch earlier.
    Needless to say it was immediately rejected

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    I know how you feel, i might do the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I totally agree with 'don't buy at that price' approach. If the watches sit there and no-one buys then nothing is lost. The prices will then start to fall again. Its a small minority who try and cash in IMHO. If you don't play you can't loose :) I understand its frustrating not to be able to pick one up when you want to though.

This 25 seemed to go quite cheap

Here

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    This 25 seemed to go quite cheap

Here
    Didn't appear as easy to find on the bay as other examples while it was live, which may explain the price but a great buy for the highest bidder.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Didn't appear as easy to find on the bay as other examples while it was live, which may explain the price but a great buy for the highest bidder.
    Yes, I've been looking and I missed that one. I'm not sure why as the title in the advert was correctly written although "Timefactors" wasn't there so that might explain it. Ah, well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Yes, I've been looking and I missed that one. I'm not sure why as the title in the advert was correctly written although "Timefactors" wasn't there so that might explain it. Ah, well.....
    Overconfidence from the seller, 1-day duration item with a £0.99 starting price.
    Last edited by fogar; 26th February 2021 at 19:44.

Master
    Overconfidence from the seller, 1-day duration item with a £0.99 starting prince.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were relisted.

That auction (#303898038953) was specifically listed as Shipping to UK only, and that bids from non-UK bidders would be cancelled.

It's interesting that all the bids are from users with high feedback levels, no one less than 133.

On all the other auctions you get a range, some with 0-10 feedback, some with a mid-range 30-90 and some higher.
    Last edited by redhed18; 26th February 2021 at 22:07.

It's interesting that all the bids are from users with high feedback levels, no one less than 133.

On all the other auctions you get a range, some with 0-10 feedback, some with a mid-range 30-90 and some higher.
    I'm sure you can block buyers with a certain number of feedback, maybe he had that set.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Ev....m46890.l49292

Price on this one is good atm, maybe worth watching if you are looking for a 2021 Everest. Ends within the next 24 hours.
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 27th February 2021 at 22:06.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post

Price on this one is good atm, maybe worth watching if you are looking for a 2021 Everest. Ends within the next 24 hours.
    No stickers removed. Pretty clear what the plan with this one was

Apprentice

The Eddie's on ebay thread.

[NOTE: I do not sell watches.] I really canno’t understand why anybody cares whether people are reselling watches on eBay. The market value of the PRS-25 is clearly far above its original retail value. If anything, you should celebrate the fact that truly independent market forces confirm that these are valuable timepieces. In a sense, this is not unlike the contemporary Rolex 124300 whose retail is US$5900, but good luck finding them for less than US$8000 (or less than US$14K if you fancy the Tiffany blue dial). Just like the Timefactors PRS-25, the Rolex 124300 is almost universally resold by its lucky original purchasers — simply because the secondary market values them so highly. As for those who object to Keynesian free market economics by continuing to proclaim their anger at not being able to easily acquire a PRS-25 for its original MSRP, I would say this: You are no’t ENTITLED to these watches so cheaply simply because that was Eddie’'s original price. The only way to ensure wide availability at the lower price would be for Eddie to figure out how to readily manufacture and distribute greater quantities of this very high quality watch at one time. Barring that as a possibility, the free market will prevail, and these watches will continue to be flipped for their supply-and-demand set value, which is currently significantly greater than the original exceptionally limited edition price.
    Last edited by Randy9999; 28th February 2021 at 10:53.

[NOTE: I do not sell watches.] I really canno’t understand why anybody cares whether people are reselling watches on eBay. The market value of the PRS-25 is clearly far above its original retail value. If anything, you should celebrate the fact that truly independent market forces confirm that these are valuable timepieces. In a sense, this is not unlike the contemporary Rolex 124300 whose retail is US$5900, but good luck finding them for less than US$8000 (or less than US$14K if you fancy the Tiffany blue dial). Just like the Timefactors PRS-25, the Rolex 124300 is almost universally resold by its lucky original purchasers — simply because the secondary market values them so highly. As for those who object to Keynesian free market economics by continuing to proclaim their anger at not being able to easily acquire a PRS-25 for its original MSRP, I would say this: You are no’t ENTITLED to these watches so cheaply simply because that was Eddie’'s original price. The only way to ensure wide availability at the lower price would be for Eddie to figure out how to readily manufacture and distribute greater quantities of this very high quality watch at one time. Barring that as a possibility, the free market will prevail, and these watches will continue to be flipped for its supply-and-demand set value , which is currently 2-3x the original exceptionally limited edition price.
    You are wrong twice here!

Firstly, the vast majority of buyers of Eddie’s watches do indeed keep them rather than flip them for profit. What happens with the Rolex 124300 is irrelevant.

This leads directly to the second reason you’re wrong;

The reason people should and do care about flippers reselling for a quick profit is that Eddie makes great watches at reasonable prices for watch enthusiasts. His business is not set up to make other people richer. He could charge more for his watches as they are clearly able to command a higher price but he doesn’t. So why should Mr fastest finger first do so at the expense of the genuine enthusiast?

I’ve owned about a dozen Timefactors watches and still own two. I’ve bought each one from the forum at a good price and sold each one back to a forum member without making a profit. I don’t buy watches to make a profit and I’m not in the minority on the forum.

Scalpers selling brand new TF watches on eBay are preventing those people who just want to enjoy one of Eddie’s watches from doing so.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 28th February 2021 at 11:51.

White dial Everest at not so much of a mark up

Anyone own both the black dial and white dial prefers the white?

I struggle with the choices daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You are wrong twice here!

Firstly, the vast majority of buyers of Eddie’s watches do indeed keep them rather than flip them for profit. What happens with the Rolex 124300 is irrelevant.

This leads directly to the second reason you’re wrong;

The reason people should and do care about flippers reselling for a quick profit is that Eddie makes great watches at reasonable prices for watch enthusiasts. His business is not set up to make other people richer. He could charge more for his watches as they are clearly able to command a higher price but he doesn’t. So why should Mr fastest finger first do so at the expense of the genuine enthusiast?

I’ve owned about a dozen Timefactors watches and still own two. I’ve bought each one from the forum at a good price and sold each one back to a forum member without making a profit. I don’t buy watches to make a profit and I’m not in the minority on the forum.

Scalpers selling brand new TF watches on eBay are preventing those people who just want to enjoy one of Eddie’s watches from doing so.
    I would hazard a guess that this is the view of the silent majority on TZ and they are also my thoughts exactly on the matter.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
    I struggle with the choices daily

Now that is a struggle I wouldn't mind having. That sure is a nice trio/

Apprentice

I am the lucky winner of a wonderful new gilt PRS-25 on eBay just now for £652. There was heavy competition. I may next hunt for one for my elderly dad. I believe these will retain their value well. Here was the auction:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMITHS-EVER...-/124585279397

Will post pics of this one alongside other Timefactors pieces I’ have collected (including a great PRS-2) when this one arrives.
    Last edited by Randy9999; 28th February 2021 at 20:55.

Big money spent on this one

I am the lucky winner of a wonderful new gilt PRS-25 on eBay just now for £652. There was heavy competition. I may next hunt for one for my elderly dad. I believe these will retain their value well. Here was the auction:

Will post pics of this one alongside other Timefactors pieces I’ have collected (including a great PRS-2) when this one arrives.
    Just saw this after my post. Congrats on it. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Be sure to post photos when it arrives.

Missed out on this

39mm PRS-29B Watch with Selection of Straps

See original listing

Went for £605

Condition:

Quote Originally Posted by RogDen View Post
    Missed out on this

39mm PRS-29B Watch with Selection of Straps

See original listing

Went for £605

Condition:

That’s a healthy price for a none Double Dome version, I got a DD last year from EBay in VGC for £345.

Did you tell the seller you didn’t want this anymore as it seems like he’s re-listed it? Unless he had two.

Did you tell the seller you didn’t want this anymore as it seems like he’s re-listed it? Unless he had two.

Master
    Same serial number!

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Same serial number!
    The seller is using some stock photos and the serial number photo is the one from the timefactors product page so I’m not sure that really is the serial number of the watch being sold.

The seller is using some stock photos and the serial number photo is the one from the timefactors product page so I’m not sure that really is the serial number of the watch being sold.
    They begs the question of whether he actually has a watch to sell!