closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eddie's on ebay thread.

Upto £470 already!

That’s me out of the running, and I didn’t even get a bid in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gilt dial one was only shipped yesterday. I know who it is.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    That’s me out of the running, and I didn’t even get a bid in!

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Correct me if I’m wrong Eddie but you have a 7 day return policy, isn’t that correct? So these flippers on eBay have no reason to sell through there, other than for the obvious reason because they knew what they were planning on doing.

Craftsman
    Why is the date of purchase of the gilt one in the future? To allow shipping time?

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong Eddie but you have a 7 day return policy, isn’t that correct? So these flippers on eBay have no reason to sell through there, other than for the obvious reason because they knew what they were planning on doing.
    Timefactors are the new Rolex. Money to be made in them there watches

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley View Post
    Why is the date of purchase of the gilt one in the future? To allow shipping time?
    Assume so, ordered two this time around one is dated 21st the other 22nd.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I really hope this one doesn't sell...that's a crazy mark-up.
    Started coming down in price.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I really hope this one doesn't sell...that's a crazy mark-up.
    They always sell. It does pay to be a scalper, and I hate that. If I buy something it is because I am pretty sure I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Should have been listed as a Guilt dial.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I have purchased 4 TimeFactors watches and have sold 3 of them on Ebay. I sold the Everest PRS-25 and Military PRS-29a. I did not buy them to flip but I decided after I had them for awhile that I would move them on. I sold the Everest for what I bought it for and I lost a little bit on the PRS -29a, so wasn't in it to be a scalper as I see other sellers doing. I puchased the Navigator PRS-48 black dialed version when it first when on sale and it will never leave my small collection, and yes it is that good, hats off to Eddie.
    Was there some reason why you sold them on ebay?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

PRS-29B here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154335248768

Craftsman
    Mmm - I'm tempted by this one. Is the description in the listing correct when it mentions

'Crystal: Bombé sapphire 34.5mm x 1.5mm thick, A/R coating on underside'.

Did this model have a sapphire crystal (I'm not up to speed with the older watch when compared to the latest edition)

How long is a ball of string - but what would be a reasonable price to pay for this? Please pm me if this is not an acceptable question in open forum. I'm just trying to gauge what I should bid to to win (without going down the 'ebay bidding madness!) or if I should leave it alone and maybe put a WTB advert here.
    Thanks

Apprentice

The Eddie's on ebay thread.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Was there some reason why you sold them on ebay?
    Why wouldn’’'t somebody sell a watch on eBay? There'’s a huge audience, international in scope, and buyers feel protected (with actual protections that really do surpass a discussion board’'s limitations).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    Why wouldn’’'t somebody sell a watch on eBay? There'’s a huge audience, international in scope, and buyers feel protected (with actual protections that really do surpass a discussion board’'s limitations).

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    In his defence he only has 17 posts so can't offer it up here.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    Upto £470 already!
    £620 now with nearly 6 days still left.... bonkers.

Craftsman
    Seems like it may be a forum member to, knows about Eddie and says he's had a few of his watches..

But the money is to be had there second hand and if you dangle the carrot..

Journeyman
    From what I can see he started the bidding at what he paid (£325) , it could theoretically have sold for that if there had only been 1 bid ( like that would happen .... ) , so not necessarily the same as those who buy and then straight away post on eBay at £700 etc .
    I recently got the new version and may end up listing my older version on eBay myself , I have lost plenty selling watches for less than I paid in the past , so I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with starting an auction at what I paid and see what it ends up at , if I end up making a bit back then I don’t really see the problem ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino7 View Post
    From what I can see he started the bidding at what he paid (£325) , it could theoretically have sold for that if there had only been 1 bid ( like that would happen .... ) , so not necessarily the same as those who buy and then straight away post on eBay at £700 etc .
    I recently got the new version and may end up listing my older version on eBay myself , I have lost plenty selling watches for less than I paid in the past , so I’m not sure there’s anything wrong with starting an auction at what I paid and see what it ends up at , if I end up making a bit back then I don’t really see the problem ?
    I don't see why there would be an issue. No one is advertising their used subs for what they bought them for on here or anywhere else.

There are people that seem to be buying them specifically to put on ebay & sell for a quick profit though, which limits the RRP supply for those intending to keep the watch. I'm not after one at the moment but can see why this would annoy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    £620 now with nearly 6 days still left.... bonkers.
    Some people have more money than patience

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184672018378

All profits being donated to a local charity...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184672018378

All profits being donated to a local charity...

Isn't he a member here?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Isn't he a member here?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Yep, that is me.

I chose, after deciding immediately that the gilt version wasn't for me, to see if I could use the quite frankly amazing demand for these to benefit of others.

So, that's £60 to Alzheimers and approximately £120 to Little Havens Hospice. This thread gave me the idea.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrwozza70 View Post
    Yep, that is me.

I chose, after deciding immediately that the gilt version wasn't for me, to see if I could use the quite frankly amazing demand for these to benefit of others.

So, that's £60 to Alzheimers and approximately £120 to Little Havens Hospice. This thread gave me the idea.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk
    Good for you, and good for your charities.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    In his defence he only has 17 posts so can't offer it up here.
    Ok, so let’s be clear: "“cart3rlfc"” is not a very nice individual, so he enjoys hurting others. Again, “"“cart3rlfc"” is what some on the internet call a troll —... a person who likes to be unnecessarily provocative just because he has a keyboard and the internet to hide behind.

With respect to “"“cart3rlfc"” directly, NO, that was NOT me. I have never sold a watch of ANY brand on eBay. I have purchased Timefactors watches there, however, because: 1) I’'ve failed to successfully buy from Eddie Platts directly during the various 5-minute Sunday windows; and 2) I'’ve reached an age and level of wealth where it really doesn'’t matter if I pay a premium.

So, the board owners here may confirm my identity and crosscheck the Timefactors records to ascertain the truth of what I’'m saying. As for “"“cart3rlfc," I want you to know that I absolutely did take personal offense as you intended and certainly don’'t appreciate your random and unjust comment.
    Last edited by Randy9999; 20th February 2021 at 05:21.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    Ok, so let’s be clear: "“cart3rlfc"” is not a very nice individual, so he enjoys hurting others. Again, “"“cart3rlfc"” is what some on the internet call a troll —... a person who likes to be unnecessarily provocative just because he has a keyboard and the internet to hide behind.

With respect to “"“cart3rlfc"” directly, NO, that was NOT me. I have never sold a watch of ANY brand on eBay. I have purchased Timefactors watches there, however, because: 1) I’'ve failed to successfully buy from Eddie Platts directly during the various 5-minute Sunday windows; and 2) I'’ve reached an age and level of wealth where it really doesn'’t matter if I pay a premium.

So, the board owners here may confirm my identity and crosscheck the Timefactors records to ascertain the truth of what I’'m saying. As for “"“cart3rlfc," I want you to know that I absolutely did take personal offense as you intended and certainly don’'t appreciate your random and unjust comment.
    Hello

I'm not sure why I'm all of a sudden a troll and a bad individual?

Sorry I misconstrued what you said, I didn't realise you was quoting another members post, and thought you was the member that said they sold 4 of them on ebay...(see screenshot, I shouldn't of assumed)

Also I meant no malice, as I thought you was the one selling them on ebay I simply was stating that you couldn't offer them on the forum if you wanted as you have 17 posts, so would have no option but to offer them elsewhere (ie ebay)

I'm not quite sure why you proceeded to call me a bad person and a troll, I frequent this forum as it's a nice friendly place to be, every time I've made a thread, people have been nothing but friendly, and that's all I am in return

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Hello

I'm not sure why I'm all of a sudden a troll and a bad individual?

Sorry I misconstrued what you said, I didn't realise you was quoting another members post, and thought you was the member that said they sold 4 of them on ebay...(see screenshot, I shouldn't of assumed)

Also I meant no malice, as I thought you was the one selling them on ebay I simply was stating that you couldn't offer them on the forum if you wanted as you have 17 posts, so would have no option but to offer them elsewhere (ie ebay)

I'm not quite sure why you proceeded to call me a bad person and a troll, I frequent this forum as it's a nice friendly place to be, every time I've made a thread, people have been nothing but friendly, and that's all I am in return

I really couldn't understand his reaction either. After reading all the posts I still can't understand. I can say that the post he was replying to was from Number2 who was replying to my earlier post talking about a couple TimeFactor watches that I had sold on ebay, not for a profit I may add, and Number2 was asking me why I had chose to sell them on ebay, but I had chose to not respond because they were mine to sell and where I chose to sell them was my choice also.

Let's file this under Reading Comprehension and move on...

haha, the International guarantee on that auction says something about "incompetent handling"... priceless!
    Last edited by redhed18; 20th February 2021 at 16:12.

Master
    So who lives in Warminster and bought expedition 0920249?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254873320715

Ok they've had it 9 months albeit without ever wearing but £150 over list is a bit galling. Are they a forum regular I wonder?

SydR
    I really don’t get all the criticism for people looking to sell a watch at a price the market will accept, especially in the current times.

Kudos to mrwozza who’s giving profits to charity. Not everyone is in a position to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    I really don’t get all the criticism for people looking to sell a watch at a price the market will accept, especially in the current times.

Kudos to mrwozza who’s giving profits to charity. Not everyone is in a position to do that.
    Every situation is different but in general, I believe the majority of eBay sales shown on this thread are either amazement at how much people are prepared to pay or identifying rarer models which are hard to find these days.

The only criticism raised are for those sellers who are buying the popular new models for the some reason of making a profit. These people are preventing those who want the watch from being able to buy them.
    Criticism would also no doubt be levelled at anyone buying TF watches from SC and flipping them on eBay, knowing that there is profit to be made.

Mr Wozza is obviously an exception as he doesn’t benefit from the profit. Saying that not everyone is in a position to do that is wrong; anyone buying a new watch from Eddie is surely in a position to do what mr wazza has done, otherwise they shouldn’t be buying trinkets in the first place! It’s not like they’d be losing any money.

SydR

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Saying that not everyone is in a position to do that is wrong; anyone buying a new watch from Eddie is surely in a position to do what mr wazza has done, otherwise they shouldn’t be buying trinkets in the first place! It’s not like they’d be losing any money.
    We live in rapidly changing times. We’’ll have to agree to disagree on that.
    Last edited by SydR; 20th February 2021 at 18:23.

We live in rapidly changing times. We’ll have to agree to disagree on that.
    I think we will. To my mind anyone paying £350 for a watch on Sunday shouldn’t NEED to get £700 back for it on Monday.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think we will. To my mind anyone paying £350 for a watch on Sunday shouldn’t NEED to get £700 back for it on Monday.
    Didn’t realise Eddie processes orders that quickly

Didn’t realise Eddie processes orders that quickly
    Well now he’s hit his nephew working with him ....

Current bidder really wants that gilt lol...
    don't people realize this is not a good strategy... where's my popcorn?

Bidder Bid amount Bid time
    6***9(72feedback score: 72) £686.00 20 Feb 2021 at 3:27:42pm GMT
    8***9(83feedback score: 83) £666.00 20 Feb 2021 at 2:40:13pm GMT
    6***9(72feedback score: 72) £660.00 19 Feb 2021 at 8:56:14pm GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £620.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:42:15pm GMT
    6***9(72feedback score: 72) £600.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:13:11pm GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £590.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:42:06pm GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £570.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:41:56pm GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £550.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:01:03pm GMT
    6***9(72feedback score: 72) £540.00 19 Feb 2021 at 6:00:16am GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £540.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:00:18pm GMT
    b***6(1feedback score: 1) £520.00 19 Feb 2021 at 2:00:05pm GMT
    2***8(41feedback score: 41) £500.00 18 Feb 2021 at 12:32:32pm GMT
    2***2(629feedback score: 629) £480.00 18 Feb 2021 at 4:13:13pm GMT
    2***i(0feedback score: 0) £460.00 18 Feb 2021 at 12:19:42pm GMT
    2***8(41feedback score: 41) £450.00 18 Feb 2021 at 12:06:36pm GMT
    2***i(0feedback score: 0) £450.00 18 Feb 2021 at 12:09:39pm GMT
    2***i(0feedback score: 0) £420.00 18 Feb 2021 at 11:36:41am GMT
    Starting price
    £325.00 18 Feb 2021 at 10:55:40am GMT
    Last edited by redhed18; 20th February 2021 at 19:24.

Yeah but only 100 ever made, this is a hot piece!

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Yeah but only 100 ever made, this is a hot piece!
    Maybe 100 so far, but I don't believe this release is limited - other than store accessibility ...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Perhaps if you consider that Eddie is no fool and could well be selling his wares at a more comfortable speed for a damned sight more than he does. He's effectively selling them at mates rates because he isn't greedy and has rather a lot of extremely loyal customers and forum members who he appears to me to be doing a rather massive favour. However, to see people buy one day and sell for a profit the next is not really in the spirit. He's not running a charity to support people who are after a quick buck. He's an enthusiast treating people as he'd like to be treated. I suspect he'd not mind the favour returned.

At this point, if I were Eddie, I'd raise the price to whatever the market would stand and put the difference into the fundraiser. You know, like Rolex do...

I can hear the wailing now

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I really couldn't understand his reaction either. After reading all the posts I still can't understand. I can say that the post he was replying to was from Number2 who was replying to my earlier post talking about a couple TimeFactor watches that I had sold on ebay, not for a profit I may add, and Number2 was asking me why I had chose to sell them on ebay, but I had chose to not respond because they were mine to sell and where I chose to sell them was my choice also.
    I was defending you because I agree with you —... how and where you sell a watch you own is your business. Then the other fellow suggested I was the seller because I had “17 posts.” I’'ve been a member here for several years, and I really shouldn’'t be a target for his inaccurate guesses or ridicule.
    Last edited by Randy9999; 21st February 2021 at 00:59.

Grand Master
    People are buying Timefactors watches with the sole intention of making a grubby few £££ profit by re- selling on ebay, that’s the truth of it, and some will be forum members.

Seems a bit sad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    People are buying Timefactors watches with the sole intention of making a grubby few £££ profit by re- selling on ebay, that’s the truth of it, and some will be forum members.

Seems a bit sad to me.
    Agreed, there are forum members / enthusiast's who would dearly like to be wearing some of the latest releases, they aren't because of "profiteers" - who have sod all community spirit, who simply see the chance of a quick £.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    .... raise the price to whatever the market would stand and put the difference into the fundraiser. You know, like Rolex do...
    Rolex do that? Really?

SS Subs shift on the grey market for £10k and SS Daytonas for £20k. Thats the price the market can stand. Rolex’s RRP is not even close to those figures.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Rolex do that? Really?

SS Subs shift on the grey market for £10k and SS Daytonas for £20k. Thats the price the market can stand. Rolex’s RRP is not even close to those figures.
    No, but they have made substantial progress in that direction over the years. Eddie has not.

Rolex's pricing policy is probably balanced by what the real market can bear, not what a smaller percentage of headline grabbing folk with more money than sense will pay. If all of Rolex's supply of these watches was up at that price, most would not sell.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Agreed, there are forum members / enthusiast's who would dearly like to be wearing some of the latest releases, they aren't because of "profiteers" - who have sod all community spirit, who simply see the chance of a quick £.
    As long as something is in short, or limited supply there will be the ability to sell at a profit to those who want instant gratification.

I’m sure there are even those with community spirit who have sold a watch close to list price only for the new owner to sell on for a profit. We live in a capitalist world so these things will happen. I would not waste my time getting worked up about it.

I have suggested that they are being sold too cheaply before, and that the market could bear another £100 on top. Why not charge that £100 extra and bung it in the fundraiser, or half of it and keep half, or keep it all? I am not presuming to tell anyone how to run their business, but one might as well be rewarded for one's efforts.

Kudos to Mr Wozza for his admirable donations of his profits.

I feel sorry for those that want a TF watch on this forum and can't get one, but where there is money to be made there will always be those looking to exploit others.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    That first one is being sold by WolfiesPapa (Clemens Baader). He’s always looking to make a profit. He no longer posts here, though he still haunts SC and WTB.
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 22nd February 2021 at 11:13.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...=smiths+prs+25

15 Everests for sale, most of them brand new.