closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 446

Thread: The Eddie's on ebay thread.

  1. #101
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    Photos were dreadful and yet a premium price reached, unless shilled. A couple of weeks ago this one as new sold for £369 with better pics. Ebay can be a fickle place sometimes.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154289558882
    Isn't this still in stock or has Eddie sold out?

  2. #102
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    47,275
    Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Isn't this still in stock or has Eddie sold out?
    It's still in stock.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  3. #103
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,449
    I suspect weíll see a lot more of this soon enough:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875

    And heís selling one of these as well:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    I suspect weíll see a lot more of this soon enough:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875

    And heís selling one of these as well:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going by the warranty date the Willard arrived and went straight on the bay; doesn't make sense to me anyway.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...EAAOSwdkVgHqfY

  5. #105
    I've offered him a profit on the Everest, rejected

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I've offered him a profit on the Everest, rejected

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    :( crazy. People like us wanting to buy one from timefactors and instead somehow the others get lucky and just turn it into profit

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I've offered him a profit on the Everest, rejected

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    :( crazy. People like us wanting to buy one from timefactors and instead somehow the others get lucky and just turn it into profit

  7. #107
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I've offered him a profit on the Everest, rejected

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Iím always tempted to offer them the price Eddie sells them for and make a comment in the notes, but I know itís just a waste of my time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #108
    Yeah, the Willard though hardly seems worth it , it's not sold out and he's making a tenner

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #109
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292

    Anyone wanting a Expedition???

    Not mine btw...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Iím always tempted to offer them the price Eddie sells them for and make a comment in the notes, but I know itís just a waste of my time.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did that once and they replied telling me I was being ridiculous to make a low ball offer on a rare hard to find piece. I actually offer a little over what Eddie sells for but yeah they know they can make a profit.

  11. #111
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,449

    The Eddie's on ebay thread.

    Thime Factors... (title now corrected!)

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203273257903


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TheGent; 9th February 2021 at 13:05.

  12. #112
    And it sold for 550

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    And it sold for 550

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Thought it was/has been relisted if we are talking the same watch?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265046934...m=265046934208

  14. #114
    Yeah same one

    Well he's being naughty then, sticking in a shill bid maybe , but it didn't sell

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Thime Factors... (title now corrected!)

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203273257903


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I very much like the newer logo but I do like the old smiths text too. Canít remember where exactly, most likely Instagram or YouTube but Iíve seen a few mentions of the old bold text being an inaccurate representation of the smiths text but this isnít so. As it was also used on many past smiths watches. Iím sure most of you already know that though but itís here for those who maybe donít.

  16. #116
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    32
    I just bought this Everest on the ĎBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324482191247


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #117
    Purchase date early February, selling for his brother. The second one heís sold.

    Not mine **

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...IAAOSw-0FgJZMX
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 11th February 2021 at 21:53.

  18. #118
    So curious how many of these flippers seriously only buy with the intention to sell. I understand if someone buys and decides itís not for them but donít sell it for twice the price. 😠

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Smiths-Evere....m46890.l49292

  19. #119
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    So curious how many of these flippers seriously only buy with the intention to sell. I understand if someone buys and decides itís not for them but donít sell it for twice the price. 

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Smiths-Evere....m46890.l49292
    This was US$1000 this morning! Wonder if he's reducing it by $100 per day.

  20. #120
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    313
    It is ridiculous, unfortunately there will be people buying just to flip, as the demand far out weighs the supply at the moment

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  21. #121
    Saw this one too:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/324483690769

    Looks like the caseback was updated for this batch!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #122
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by NickN024 View Post
    Saw this one too:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/324483690769

    Looks like the caseback was updated for this batch!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Well if nothing else that's answered that one but another which has obviously gone from delivery bag to ebay; shame.

  23. #123
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    313
    This is the caseback on mine received a few days ago, not sure what the old one looked like to be honest.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  24. #124
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    This is the caseback on mine received a few days ago, not sure what the old one looked like to be honest.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    The original caseback is still shown on the Timefactors Store page, which I believe hasn't changed until now. The serial numbers have been running consecutively too and i belive the 0121 part is the date of manufacture (similar to Seiko s/n's).

    https://www.timefactors.com/collecti...6mm-black-dial
    Last edited by Ed875; 13th February 2021 at 09:29.

  25. #125
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    313
    Ah nice they updated the logo! It's the little touches on this watch that make it so enjoyable.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

  26. #126
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Ah nice they updated the logo! It's the little touches on this watch that make it so enjoyable.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
    Agreed 100% - Iíd love that caseback on mine, might have to Ďupgradeí to the latest version next time they are in stock


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #127
    Using the serial number would there be a way to block those same buyers from buying in the future?

    01210972

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Timefactors-....m46890.l49292

  28. #128
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex
    Posts
    620
    It's frustrating when you want one but can get one and you see people buying just to sell.
    On the other hand knowing you can buy one, try it for a while and recoup all or more of your money later has to be a positive for most people.
    Also means that Eddie doesn't have to deal with loads of returns unlike say Christopher ward who I'm sure get loads of returns with their generous returns policy. Which must help keep the price down.

    I tried and failed to get the gilt dial everest so I understand the disappointment

    Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

  29. #129
    Master senraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Using the serial number would there be a way to block those same buyers from buying in the future?

    01210972

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Timefactors-....m46890.l49292
    This post is most ridiculous.

    What would the benefits be for Eddie's business?
    Last edited by senraw; 13th February 2021 at 12:00.

  30. #130
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    25,395
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    So curious how many of these flippers seriously only buy with the intention to sell. I understand if someone buys and decides itís not for them but donít sell it for twice the price. ūüė*

    https://www.ebay.de/itm/Smiths-Evere....m46890.l49292
    Anyone is welcome to sell it via this forum even if they don't have direct access to the SC, some choose not to, as ever 'money talks'.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  31. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    This post is most ridiculous.

    What would the benefits be for Eddie's business?
    I wouldnít say itís ridiculous but maybe not a very good idea .... was only a musing. But yes it wouldnít benefit Eddie in anyway I guess. More so that buyers intentionally buying to flip for a profit wouldnít be able to buy again but that of course has its flaws. So I guess not.

  32. #132
    Craftsman redhed18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    314
    All we can say is that there's a plonker presumably named Gavin in desperate need of a hiding...
    Last edited by redhed18; 13th February 2021 at 22:04.

  33. #133
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    West Sussex UK
    Posts
    26

    To end a rubbish year

    As if 2020 wasnít bad enough, Iíve been looking for a PRS 9 forever ... ended up in hospital with COVID at the end of November and what did I miss on eBay. ..... yep you guessed ... absolutely gutted

  34. #134
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    This post is most ridiculous.

    What would the benefits be for Eddie's business?
    The benefits are that legitimate customers are more easily able to buy a watch they like. These customers are more likely to spread positive messages about the brand and not have negative perceptions.

    Why do you think Rolex ADs supposedly 'blacklist' customers who flip their most sort after models for a quick profit?

    Look at the bad press that console makers or ticket site get when they don't do enough to combat scalpers or touts.

  35. #135
    Master senraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    5,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    The benefits are that legitimate customers are more easily able to buy a watch they like. These customers are more likely to spread positive messages about the brand and not have negative perceptions.

    Why do you think Rolex ADs supposedly 'blacklist' customers who flip their most sort after models for a quick profit?

    Look at the bad press that console makers or ticket site get when they don't do enough to combat scalpers or touts.
    A legitimate customer pays for a desired item.. It is then upto that customer to do as they wish with their property.

    They can keep it, gift it, sell it, or even destroy it.
    Last edited by senraw; 13th February 2021 at 23:25.

  36. #136
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320

  37. #137
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    A legitimate customer pays for a desired item.. It is then upto that customer to do as they wish with their property.

    They can keep it, gift it, sell it, or even destroy it.
    Where did I say otherwise?

  38. #138
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    25,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    'Spirit of the forum' - init.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  39. #139
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    13,426
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    'Spirit of the forum' - init.
    Whatís it got to do with the forum?
    Thereís nothing to indicate that the seller is a forum member, unless you know different?

  40. #140
    I think it's amazing Eddie has a watch that sells for these prices on eBay ( the Willard didn't sell so the madness seems mostly Everest 36mm )



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  41. #141
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    I think it's amazing Eddie has a watch that sells for these prices on eBay ( the Willard didn't sell so the madness seems mostly Everest 36mm )



    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Also seen some 29a's go for above original cost too.

    Market though can be a strange with things going in and out of fashion and back in again with just twelve months as I've noted while collecting G10's for example.

  42. #142
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    25,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Whatís it got to do with the forum?
    Thereís nothing to indicate that the seller is a forum member, unless you know different?
    You are of course correct, well said and thanks for the rebuke.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  43. #143
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Charlotte, United States
    Posts
    512
    I have purchased 4 TimeFactors watches and have sold 3 of them on Ebay. I sold the Everest PRS-25 and Military PRS-29a. I did not buy them to flip but I decided after I had them for awhile that I would move them on. I sold the Everest for what I bought it for and I lost a little bit on the PRS -29a, so wasn't in it to be a scalper as I see other sellers doing. I puchased the Navigator PRS-48 black dialed version when it first when on sale and it will never leave my small collection, and yes it is that good, hats off to Eddie.

  44. #144
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    206
    I really hope this one doesn't sell...that's a crazy mark-up.



    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post

  45. #145
    Master senraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gisleham
    Posts
    5,664
    284185807870

    A very reasonably priced listing...

    It'll be gone soon!

  46. #146
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    284185807870

    A very reasonably priced listing...

    It'll be gone soon!
    Been trying to convince myself I do not need this.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  47. #147
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    284185807870

    A very reasonably priced listing...

    It'll be gone soon!

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292

  48. #148
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Goochie81 View Post
    Been trying to convince myself I do not need this.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Wouldn't miss out on a baby Dread, been more than pleased with mine. Just a bun fight now between this and my other five TF watches as to which is getting wrist time when I'm not at work, their all just so very good.

  49. #149
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    North Riding, UK
    Posts
    320
    Anybody after a Gilt Everest one now on ebay;

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-EV...AAAOSwFE1gLkSD

  50. #150
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Anybody after a Gilt Everest one now on ebay;

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SMITHS-EV...AAAOSwFE1gLkSD
    Oooh interesting, wonder what it will go for..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information