closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: STP1-11 manual wind movement

Craftsman

STP1-11 manual wind movement

I just came across an article covering the new release of the Serica 4512 watches powered by the movement STP1-11 which is a swiss made movement owned by the Fossil Group. This might be a option for Eddie for use in the Smith's Military PRS-29A or another model. Is anyone familiar with this movement. I knew they made an automatic which Maen uses in the Hudson model.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I just came across an article covering the new release of the Serica 4512 watches powered by the movement STP1-11 which is a swiss made movement owned by the Fossil Group. This might be a option for Eddie for use in the Smith's Military PRS-29A or another model. Is anyone familiar with this movement. I knew they made an automatic which Maen uses in the Hudson model.
    Not really, it may be finished and modified in Switxerland but it's a Seagull ebauche.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Made-movement

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Not really, it may be finished and modified in Switxerland but it's a Seagull ebauche.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie for the info. Thought I would throw it out there since supplies of movements are in such high demand, but I am not telling you anything new.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    I did some more research and I believe that Swiss Technology Production or STP is actually a Swiss Made movement producer like Selitta. They produce some movement parts in house with all other components sourced from other Swiss partners just like Sellita and ETA do, with all assembly in house. I know that Seagull uses a ST as part of their movement number such as ST-36 or the like.

Follow up to the above. After watching a review on youtube from a guy who worked for the Swatch Group he did say that even though the STP movements were Swiss Made that alot of the componenets come from china and that they have quality control issues much higher than ETA and Selitta and he ranked the 9000 series Miyota's higher than the STP's and said that they are a well built and reliable movement. You were right Eddie about them basically being a Chinese Ebauche.
    Last edited by kneadking; 18th September 2020 at 20:32.

My new Serica 4512 Commander is fitted with a "Swiss Made" STP1-11M, the manual version of the STP1-11. I've been wearing it about ten days and the timekeeping hasn't changed even two seconds. I am REALLY happy with this watch.