closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 363

Thread: The Eddie's on ebay thread.

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Posts
    897

    The Eddie's on ebay thread.

    Seems to be quite a following/ interest for Timefactors watches on the bay so thought it might be an idea to put them in one thread, just an idea...

    Noticed this one which seems optimistically priced.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292

  2. #2
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232

    The Eddie's on ebay thread.

    Great idea for a thread. There’s a few I’ve spotted:

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193763936633

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184549672842



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,894
    Looks like someone's having a clearout, some decent watches listed.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    swansea uk
    Posts
    2,022
    isnt that just going to encourage people here who see the high prices to flog them on ebay instead of keeping them on the forum

  5. #5
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Looks like someone's having a clearout, some decent watches listed.
    Yes some nice pieces certainly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,296
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    isnt that just going to encourage people here who see the high prices to flog them on ebay instead of keeping them on the forum

    I have a short list of members here who've asked me to contact them if I ever sell my PRS-5 Broadarrow, so my answer is no.

  8. #8
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,827
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    I suppose it is unique (007 number, some people will give a kidney, no doubt)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  9. #9
    Craftsman petay993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I suppose it is unique (007 number, some people will give a kidney, no doubt)
    Must have been someone on here to have been allocated that number surely?

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Berks
    Posts
    1,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I suppose it is unique (007 number, some people will give a kidney, no doubt)
    But is it more unique than 008 or 156 or 64?

  11. #11
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,827
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    But is it more unique than 008 or 156 or 64?
    To you, probably not or you wouldn't be asking. To many people, yes.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  12. #12
    Journeyman engrneil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States - Chicagoland
    Posts
    60

  13. #13
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,050
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    isnt that just going to encourage people here who see the high prices to flog them on ebay instead of keeping them on the forum
    The market rate would be the market rate regardless of platform used. Cant see it making much difference to be honest

  14. #14
    Master RLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,540
    First version of the PRS68. Rarely seen for sale these days. Missing the bracelet though unfortunately which I find fantastic.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...4AAOSwmGNfvAet

    Mine might be for sale at some point but will offer it on the forum.

  15. #15
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tyneside
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    It's been in Australia many years ago, here is the owners thread, post 20

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...highlight=1903

  16. #16
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    29
    Listed on the bay but tugging on the heartstrings to not let her go tonight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    12,962
    He’s not a “privateer” lol but he’s starting the bidding at £500

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174539854577

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,800
    Blog Entries
    1
    I had to look up the meaning.



    Privateer, privately owned armed vessel commissioned by a belligerent state to attack enemy ships, usually vessels of commerce. Privateering was carried on by all nations from the earliest times until the 19th century. Crews were not paid by the commissioning government but were entitled to cruise for their own profit, with crew members receiving portions of the value of any cargo or shipping that they could wrest from the original owners. Frequently, it was impossible to restrain the activities of privateers within the legitimate bounds laid down in their commissions. Thus, it often became difficult to distinguish between privateers, pirates, corsairs, or buccaneers, many of whom sailed without genuine commissions.

  19. #19
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    12,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    To you, probably not or you wouldn't be asking. To many people, yes.
    Pedantically, it's no more 'unique', but possibly more valuable (to some).

    My TZ watches have the same last 3 digits of their serial number, it's my birth day and month

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  20. #20
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,827
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Pedantically, it's no more 'unique', but possibly more valuable (to some).
    True, true...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  21. #21
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    12,962
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Privateer, privately owned armed vessel commissioned by a belligerent state to attack enemy ships, usually vessels of commerce. Privateering was carried on by all nations from the earliest times until the 19th century. Crews were not paid by the commissioning government but were entitled to cruise for their own profit, with crew members receiving portions of the value of any cargo or shipping that they could wrest from the original owners. Frequently, it was impossible to restrain the activities of privateers within the legitimate bounds laid down in their commissions. Thus, it often became difficult to distinguish between privateers, pirates, corsairs, or buccaneers, many of whom sailed without genuine commissions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I had to look up the meaning.



    Privateer, privately owned armed vessel commissioned by a belligerent state to attack enemy ships, usually vessels of commerce. Privateering was carried on by all nations from the earliest times until the 19th century. Crews were not paid by the commissioning government but were entitled to cruise for their own profit, with crew members receiving portions of the value of any cargo or shipping that they could wrest from the original owners. Frequently, it was impossible to restrain the activities of privateers within the legitimate bounds laid down in their commissions. Thus, it often became difficult to distinguish between privateers, pirates, corsairs, or buccaneers, many of whom sailed without genuine commissions.
    I think what he really meant to say was profiteer!

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,800
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I think what he really meant to say was profiteer!
    Thanks for clearing it up,at the bottom it said pirate so I thought that was the implication.

    I take it hes on here?

  23. #23
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    24,765
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  24. #24
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    First Navigator?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264965581733


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,261
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    First Navigator?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264965581733


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought I had a skinny wrist, but 5.9 inches is twig like.

  26. #26
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    I thought I had a skinny wrist, but 5.9 inches is twig like.
    I know - seems tiny!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #27
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Here’s another Navigator...

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164562695336

    And this guy appears to have a few Timefactors watches for sale!

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224267486556

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224267477682

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224267467180


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    57
    It really does make me angry that people do this. I understand that you may not bond with a watch (I'm very bad for selling within a week of buying) but to happen with three watches and not having taken the stickers off any of them? And starting the listings over retail, this guy isn't just trying to recoup costs.

  29. #29
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattcurry View Post
    It really does make me angry that people do this. I understand that you may not bond with a watch (I'm very bad for selling within a week of buying) but to happen with three watches and not having taken the stickers off any of them? And starting the listings over retail, this guy isn't just trying to recoup costs.
    It’s a poor show isn’t it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30

  31. #31
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,296
    Silly names, silly prices and not easy to order. Just like R**** !

  32. #32
    Master Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,082
    Spotted a £599.99 PRS18Q CSOC today. 😳

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    2,101
    Good grief, they can have mine for half the price.

  34. #34
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIM View Post
    Good grief, they can have mine for half the price.
    let's talk then!

    Steve

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Silly names, silly prices and not easy to order. Just like R**** !
    Funny man!

  36. #36
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    And another 29b

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114563382521


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Posts
    897
    This sold recently, an early 41mm, a good price for the seller.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292

  38. #38
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,296
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    This sold recently, an early 41mm, a good price for the seller.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292
    The seller is a member here.

  39. #39
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    1,128

    The Eddie's on ebay thread.

    The Navigator’’s turned red hot!

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto....m46890.l49292


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by lughugger; 15th December 2020 at 22:15.

  40. #40
    And this...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #41
    Wrong thread...
    Last edited by Martylaa; 19th December 2020 at 20:11.

  42. #42
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    36,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Smiths+Everest

    Yes it was mine, the same watch was offered back to the forum on SC for less than it sold on ebay, shame no one on here wanted it but it went to a keen buyer in Finland...
    The Everest I referred to was up for sale on SC here by Yunsung, along with a Hamilton Khaki in the same sales post. The name of the ebay seller rang a bell and when I did a search here I found the sales post, which has now had the Everest edited out. The pictures and background were the same.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...rdt=true&rt=nc


    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...d-wind-NOW-250

  43. #43
    Grand Master Dave+63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    12,962
    A little optimistic perhaps?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254815860688

  44. #44
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A little optimistic perhaps?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254815860688
    If I’ve learned one thing about this hobby it’s that I’m never surprised what people are prepared to pay for a watch....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #45
    Craftsman kildareman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A little optimistic perhaps?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254815860688
    Cloud cookoo land

  46. #46
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    At least this one is being started below the original price, although every single photo is out of focus??

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333835083464


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A little optimistic perhaps?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254815860688

    From Japan as well. Sometimes means that the seller themselves doesn't have it for sale, but that it is on another sales site, potentially a domestic only one.

    So you would pay them, they would then buy it and send it on to you. Pocketing the difference and maybe keeping it in a stronger currency.

    You sometimes see a few listings which are all the same too, all in Japan, as multiple people try the same thing.
    Last edited by Mattcurry; 31st December 2020 at 10:41.

  48. #48
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Warwickshire
    Posts
    241
    Has this one been posted before? Well over list and still in stock I believe at timefactors

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Time...kAAOSwtDNfyh4y

  49. #49
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    He’s not a “privateer” lol but he’s starting the bidding at £500

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174539854577
    This same guy has just re listed it with a higher starting price. His reason for the increase? He bought another watch and needs to cover the costs! But don't worry, he's not a privateer

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-PR....m46890.l49292

  50. #50
    Master TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    1,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattcurry View Post
    This same guy has just re listed it with a higher starting price. His reason for the increase? He bought another watch and needs to cover the costs! But don't worry, he's not a privateer

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-PR....m46890.l49292
    Haha - I was just looking at this one.

    For some reason this song is in my head...

    https://youtu.be/2YDPsHznyRU


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information