closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eddie's on ebay thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    They begs the question of whether he actually has a watch to sell!
    Yes, there are a couple photos not pulled from timefactors but I don’t know if they are originals or taken from elsewhere.

Okay so I’ve checked some of the photos they are using and they were photos already used in a previous auction by another seller so presumably none of their images are actually their own. As far as i can see.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Did you tell the seller you didn’t want this anymore as it seems like he’s re-listed it? Unless he had two.
    Let’s hope I get my watch. Otherwise I am covered by eBay Buyer Protection. I think I’ll send the seller an inquiry message. If any of you do the same, kindly post any responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    Let’s hope I get my watch. Otherwise I am covered by eBay Buyer Protection. I think I’ll send the seller an inquiry message. If any of you do the same, kindly post any responses.
    I sent a message and the seller says they had two and one was sold. So you’re okay Randy.

Craftsman
    Smith's Navigator PRS-48 black dial sold day before yesterday for $905.00 on the bay, wow. Sure glad I got mine from Eddie.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, you know you have arrived when the fakes turn up! PRS38 anyone:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rev-Count...8AAOSwoP1gMkCe

Aside from profiteering resellers, I wonder if Eddie's watches are going to be a good investment in the longer term?

I have bought and sold various models over the years, always through SC and never for gain but the ones I have now I'll keep. I wear them and they get worn, in both senses of the word. In fact they get a lot of abuse because I tend to put them on for activities that might damage a 1950s Smiths, which in my case is fishing, motorcycling, chopping wood, swimming. Shockproofing, stainless steel and sapphire certainly have their place!

But maybe one day a NOS Everest or Navigator with box and papers and stickers will be worth a tidy sum?

A depressing thought. I hope not.

There'll be waiting lists and deposits next.

Remember when watches were tool to be used? And when Time Factors was the best kept secret on the internet?

Everything I love gets ruined! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Aside from profiteering resellers, I wonder if Eddie's watches are going to be a good investment in the longer term?

Everything I love gets ruined! :-)
    It will depend on who buys Timefactors/Smiths from Eddie and also where exactly, the Smiths as a brand, will be at that point in time. No matter what happens, the early TF models will always be worth having.

Nothing is ruined, it's an evolution. I like what I see.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Smith's Navigator PRS-48 black dial sold day before yesterday for $905.00 on the bay, wow. Sure glad I got mine from Eddie.
    Not condoning it by any means but I'm surprised people bother, 905 dollar at the current ex rates about 650 quid, Eddie sells them for what almost 500 quid plus postage on top... it's only about a 100 quid profit, if that, with seller to buyer postage and I assume ebay also take a cut, sign of the times I suppose.

Apprentice
    Found this Smiths Everest on sale here in Denmark with an asking price of 5400 DKK (!!!). That's equates to 625 £! I know Smiths are highly sought after, but this is getting ridiculous with 300 £ on top of retail price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not condoning it by any means but I'm surprised people bother, 905 dollar at the current ex rates about 650 quid, Eddie sells them for what almost 500 quid plus postage on top... it's only about a 100 quid profit, if that, with seller to buyer postage and I assume ebay also take a cut, sign of the times I suppose.
    eBay take 10% (unless the sellers has a promotion like list for £1, which are relatively rare) and PayPal take 5%. So he made £550 after average fees. Factor postage, packaging and hassle and it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by madsdrastrup View Post
    Found this Smiths Everest on sale here in Denmark with an asking price of 5400 DKK (!!!). That's equates to 625 £! I know Smiths are highly sought after, but this is getting ridiculous with 300 £ on top of retail price.

Taking advantage of the new vat rules - to price an ‘already in country’ watch?

that is market forces?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    eBay take 10% (unless the sellers has a promotion like list for £1, which are relatively rare) and PayPal take 5%. So he made £550 after average fees. Factor postage, packaging and hassle and it doesn't seem worth it to me.
    OK. This was my watch. Listed at a start price of £425 due to some small strap-changing misjudgments on my behalf with a £1 selling fee promotion. RMSD postage was at buyers expense, Jiffy bag provided by the office. Hassle free and the buyer is delighted.

Judge away.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    OK. This was my watch. Listed at a start price of £425 due to some small strap-changing misjudgments on my behalf with a £1 selling fee promotion. RMSD postage was at buyers expense, Jiffy bag provided by the office. Hassle free and the buyer is delighted.

Judge away.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Well done you.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    They begs the question of whether he actually has a watch to sell!
    IMG_0658.JPG

Getting excited! My new gilt PRS-25 from eBay has apparently cleared customs into the US. Will follow-up upon arrival!!

Craftsman

PRS-29a

I was watching this one and the final price (£415) wasn't too bad, I thought, bearing in mind the recent high prices on ebay. I let it go in the end as I fancy my chances when the new batch comes out with the Sellita movement.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-PR...s/265065106062

Craftsman
    Im no watch movement expert what's the difference between the Eta and the Sellita movements. I have one of Eddies older PRS 29A's with the plexiglass and the Eta movement and I love it. Is the Sellita and upgrade?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    Im no watch movement expert what's the difference between the Eta and the Sellita movements. I have one of Eddies older PRS 29A's with the plexiglass and the Eta movement and I love it. Is the Sellita and upgrade?
    Sellita used to produce movements for ETA and then they parted ways and Sellita now produce their own movements and are one of ETA's main competitors in Switzerland. I would say they are as good as ETA but at the time are much more available, all though I believe they have a backlog on orders because they are highly in demand.

I believe they are both excellent choices having had both in watches.

Sellita used to produce movements for ETA and then they parted ways and Sellita now produce their own movements and are one of ETA's main competitors in Switzerland. I would say they are as good as ETA but at the time are much more available, all though I believe they have a backlog on orders because they are highly in demand.

I believe they are both excellent choices having had both in watches.
    Yep. Added to that my understanding is that ETA is owned by the Swatch group and they are limiting supply to brands outside their own pyramid, which has essentially created a market for Sellita who can now be found in watches that previously used solely ETA, eg TAG Heuer, Sinn and a number of smaller brands such as C Ward and Steinhart. If this were ten years ago TimeFactors next batch would probably be housing ETA movements.

Craftsman
    Thanks Guys. Really informative. Its good to know they are at the least they are on level par.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I might add to my previous post that you are a lucky person to have one of the older PRS-29a's. That is a fine watch in the older and the newer model.

Generally most of the smiths pieces are showing up on eBay UK. So here’s a 40mm from Germany if anyone is looking.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Smiths-Evere....m46890.l49292

*not mine

I might add to my previous post that you are a lucky person to have one of the older PRS-29a's. That is a fine watch in the older and the newer model.
    I fully agree. The ETA are more highly regarded.

I note that there is a PRS-5 on eBay currently. The price is a bit rich though, it's on a BIN for £700.

Pity, if it had been more in the £500 region I would have snaffled that.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I note that there is a PRS-5 on eBay currently. The price is a bit rich though, it's on a BIN for £700.

Pity, if it had been more in the £500 region I would have snaffled that.
    That's the Broadarrow version, pulled due to the fiasco with the large grasping watch company. One of the true "hen's teeth" watches from Eddie. I can't recall anyone here selling one and not regretting it. Just got a couple of new straps for mine . . .

F.T.F.A.

I appreciate being the 'exclusive limited edition' version that there would be a premium but that is quite a bit of coin. I'll keep my eye on it but suspect it won't get reduced by much and would probably just be kept. That sand NATO really goes well with it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    I appreciate being the 'exclusive limited edition' version that there would be a premium but that is quite a bit of coin. I'll keep my eye on it but suspect it won't get reduced by much and would probably just be kept. That sand NATO really goes well with it.

It started at 1k then dropped to 800. Now 700, wouldn't hurt to make an offer.

Journeyman
    eBay are rolling out their own payment processing to all of their users now, to bypass PayPal. This means that you get your payment in your bank account usually two days after your sale, minus eBays fees. PayPal no longer takes a cut, which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    That's the Broadarrow version, pulled due to the fiasco with the large grasping watch company. One of the true "hen's teeth" watches from Eddie. I can't recall anyone here selling one and not regretting it. Just got a couple of new straps for mine . . .

Nice looking straps you have there.

Sent from my HRY-LX1T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    eBay are rolling out their own payment processing to all of their users now, to bypass PayPal. This means that you get your payment in your bank account usually two days after your sale, minus eBays fees. PayPal no longer takes a cut, which is great.
    That’s been discussed on another thread.

You’re right, PayPal don’t get their cut but eBay’s increased charges mean that we, the customer, see practically no savings.

The Eddie's on ebay thread.

Not eBay but this guy over on IG is selling a commando for those interested. Don’t know what his asking price is but he’s a YouTuber so maybe he is more into the community spirit of selling close to rrp.

Let me know if you contact him and what he let it go for if so.

Master

Surely this is a record

Over £700 for a £325 list watch and no its not a Lolex

Apologies if posted before

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/antiheman...p2047675.l2562
    Last edited by higham5; 10th March 2021 at 22:20.

Craftsman
    Smith's Commando PRS-47 sold yesterday on the bay for $818.00. Poor sap could have got in early on Sunday and bought one for retail from Eddie and saved a few dollars.

Master
    I just sold mine on here for £365, one just sold on ebay for £589 with another on over £500 with a day to go.
    Not many available this weekend so I'm sure there will still be people missing out just hope they don't all end up on ebay. Although I can understand people not wanting/ being able to turn down the profit

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This one currently has 18 bids and I still have stock.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smiths-Co...gAAOSwU39gQkei

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    I think some have been caught off guard by you opening on Sunday. How many will complete beforehand? How many will be withdrawn until after closure if they don't reach the expected price?
    All the best.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Eddie
    And this one is used, not even a new with tags. I was wondering Eddie if there are plans for a new batch of the Commando or was this a special edition and this batch only.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Not eBay but this guy over on IG is selling a commando for those interested. Don’t know what his asking price is but he’s a YouTuber so maybe he is more into the community spirit of selling close to rrp.

Let me know if you contact him and what he let it go for if so.
    I saw this as well he said not list but market value £525

And this one is used, not even a new with tags. I was wondering Eddie if there are plans for a new batch of the Commando or was this a special edition and this batch only.
    The next batch will have a tropical dial.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

Eddie
    Any thoughts on a shorter hour hand?
    Last edited by gerrudd; 13th March 2021 at 18:32.

Any thoughts on a shorter hour hand?
    +1

Craftsman

Eddie
    Any renderings of a tropical dialed Commando, sounds interesting.

Any renderings of a tropical dialed Commando, sounds interesting.

Eddie

Master
    That looks amazing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I like the rendering. Still think the hands need to be shorter and slimmer, like this Omega. I also think that "old radium lume" would better suit the tropical dial.

Grand Master

Smiths PRS 25 on ebay for £700...

Just made a cheeky offer on this and asked who antiheman8 really is, I`ll bet a pound to a penny he's active on this forum.

I upped my offer twice, almost reached list price..........he can`t be desperate for a sale

Another profiteer, I find this more distasteful than the Rolex sales above list, at least they make a couple of grand or more so it's more tempoting, but these guys just make a grubby 2-300 quid.

Apprentice

Acrylic crystal possibility?

Eddie
    Wondering if there is the possibility of seeing a tropical example like this but with an acrylic crystal? I believe that might make for an incredibly amazing variant.

The Eddie's on ebay thread.

(self-deleted)
    Last edited by alpharulez; 14th March 2021 at 15:09. Reason: duplicate

Master
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timefacto...-/124617649506

I was following this auction. Black dial Navigator went for £730.

Just for openness sake the PRS-25 40MM original on the bay of fleas is Mine I’m asking £335 Buy it now I’m going to make £35 donation Eddie’s charity feel free to flame Me diss Me I’m too ill to respond plus my Baby Willard is sorely missed but the main man is very kindly getting it repaired for Me